It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind, What really happened?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think this film is about as credible in regard to UFO abductions as the Blair witch project was a credible source of information on forest dwelling witches.

I watched the film for the first time last night on my own with the lights off and I have to admit to getting a good dose of the “heebie jeebies.” Afterwards I felt really silly walking up the stairs to bed backwards while keeping my dog really close but in a way I am glad the film freaked me out because I payed my money to be scared and it sure did that.

Of course lying there in the dark with my wife fast asleep beside me (she will not watch the film) I did think long and hard about the film and I thought it was really well made but at no point did I think about it in serious terms other than to think that the Sumerian language and the cruel manner of the aliens seemed to me to be more reptilian in nature rather than grey and yet the owl visions seemed to indicate that the visitors were greys.

From the many abductions accounts I have read I do not recall reading of the visitors being so cruel, malevolent, obnoxious and downright brutal so the film ended up tripping up by trying to pull a “fire in the sky” on me.

I turned on my side and stared into the blackness but I was not overly concerned about suddenly having shadow people leap on me as my dog started her sleep routine pretty quickly and if you hear her fast asleep doing her clattering break dance moves I am always amazed that my dog is able to gallop like a horse while on her side and fast asleep (grins).

In my opinion a good film, well executed and really enjoyable but in my opinion about as realistic and as true to the visitor phenomenon as fire in the sky is... Or Independence Day

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

This movie was really starting to creep me out until I found the actors site
of the creepy lady at www.charlottemilchard.com...
phew

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
*edits post*

Oops. Nevermind.

P.S. My apologies.
[edit on 15-5-2010 by IrnBruFiend]

[edit on 15-5-2010 by IrnBruFiend]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Saw the movie the fourth kind and in all honesty it made my skin crawl, there was something deeply affecting that women the fear and the look in her eyes,you could physcially feel her terror i did,And i would like some of the group who feel they have had a true alien abduction experience to post some of your feelings and thoughts this is a serious question i would like to hear,so no one please try to scoff at others,if you have disbelief that is ok to we are not asking you to believe us

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This movie was amazing and opened my eyes to whats really out there. I dont scare easily at all, but something about the real footage in this movie got to me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by reaper13

Now some are saying this footage is not real that this woman was just a actress,well i must say if it she was,it made a very big impact on me.Also the footage of the police officer at the house that night,it clearly show a ufo above that house

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

My 18 year old daughter slept with the light on for 6 weeks after watching this film. I have to say i was sorely disappointed when i finally watched it, the actress (who actually looked like an alien herself), if you take a step back, and actually watch the way that she comes across, it is apparant that she is acting. Her manner is too controlled, too rehearsed, if you see real people being interviewed, they stumble over words, make mistakes etc. Also it occured to me, that when we were told by Mila, and i paraphrase 'what you are about to see is based on real life events' i couldnt help but think that this was just part of the script. That the WHOLE concept from start to finish was made up, i think the clue was when she then went on to say, 'take from it what you wish. However i have to say there were parts where i nearly wet myself! A far spookier film, along these lines, i think is Alien Abduction, that one really got the hairs on my back up.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It was a publicity stunt.

The whole movie is a kind of hoax and isn't corroborated by the Nome authorities as having happened. Some were actually dumbfounded when they found out about the movie and the claims it was making. There are some facts taken from real events regarding missing people but the alien aspect is complete fiction.

Wiki explains it best here:

Marketing campaign

The film's trailer states that the story is based on "actual case studies", but did not specify any cases. As a result, much speculation has arisen regarding the search for documented evidence from the actual cases and whether Dr. Abigail Tyler is a real person or a fictional character for use in an internet viral marketing campaign.[3]

On September 2, 2009, an investigation by Izaak "Lord Norman" and the Detroit Daily News examined the validity of the film's premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).

On November 12, 2009 Universal Pictures agreed to a $20,000 settlement with the Alaska Press Club "to settle complaints about fake news archives used to promote the movie." Universal acknowledged that they created fake online news articles and obituaries to make it appear that the movie had a basis in real events.

On November 13, 2009 WorstPreviews.com reported "Universal Pictures has just reached out to us to let us know that the studio was not sued and the money was just a contribution Universal made to the Alaska Press Club. The contribution was not a result of any lawsuit."

Basis in reality

Although the film's events are grandly fictional, its claims about Nome's missing persons history and frequent visits by the FBI are not; since the 1960s, many visitors to the town have reportedly vanished, some whose disappearances were never solved. Ten people have gone missing in the town since 1990. The movie is based on the theory that the missing-persons cases were actually alien abductions. Wiki

Now of course the subject matter will ring true to some people because it pulls from the claims of alien abductions made by various individuals as well as the more popular contemporary themes surrounding them. The story itself that is claimed to be true, really isn't though.

They did what the Cohen Brothers did in Fargo.
Just said it was a "true story" when it wasn't.

It certainly can draw more of a reaction out of an audience if they think it is.

- Lee

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Movie is a HOAX - which sucks - because TWICE they say "IT IS REAL" - well BS - it is NOT real and it IS BS.

This movie has copied serious and REAL researchers and put the whole fear spin on it - for who knows what reasons?

Dolores Cannon is the real deal for those that are seriously interested - her ET regression sessions are written about in The Custodians , and now the Convoluted Universe series (now up to book 3)...

Dolores and what she has done, is unique and very compelling - and guess what - there is no fearful BS in her writings.

I have made sure I tell everyone I know the 4th Kind is complete rubbish - and tell them about Dolores - which seems to get their interest...

So in a way a crap BS movie has helped the real woman that really speaks to Ets through *** WILLING *** clients - due to their dishonesty...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join