It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Company Contests Federal Cigarette Seizures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Kentucky Company Contests Federal Cigarette Seizures

www.lex18.com

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - An online cigarette dealer is contesting federal search warrants that it says "decimated" the business by confiscating all inventory, supplies and bank accounts.

Chavez Inc., a Louisville-based tobacco dealer, is asking a federal judge to unseal affidavits backing at least 20 search warrants, which were executed on Dec. 8 on the company's Louisville, Stockton, Calif., and Denver, Colo., offices and on multiple banks where the business held accounts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is just another raid done for the purpose of money. If the state is not making money on your business, they will shut you down! The question then is "Is the government right in doing this?" If this were a mafia, then the government is clearly the boss. Wonder if the name "Chavez" had anything to do with it?

www.lex18.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
cigarettes should not only be illegal. someone should come pound your face in for smoking them. it's a testiment to human failure that there are even such things as cigarette factories.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Coolstorybro

Your being sarcastic right?
When can I vote you world dictator? So you want more people smoking? Because that seems to be what happens when you make a substance illegal and beat the snot out of people caught with it.

EDIT:

Chavez Inc. sold cigarettes outside the state of Kentucky online and through a toll-free number. Moore said the company sold less than 10,000 cigarettes per shipment, meaning a Kentucky tax stamp wasn't required

So what law was being broken here?

[edit on 2/7/2010 by Bumr055]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Coolstorybro

Sorry if this violates t&c but you need to keep your yap shut on the issue. I enjoy smoking as many people do, it's not healthy for me, it's also none of your business what unhealthy things i do.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumr055

None, it's the same crap all the time. Like when john asscroft had chong put away for selling glassware. Many legit business is shutdown just cause its a little on the greasy side, big bro comes in and uses intimidation, harassment, and red tape to shut people down.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coolstorybro
cigarettes should not only be illegal. someone should come pound your face in for smoking them. it's a testiment to human failure that there are even such things as cigarette factories.

Its funny that you said that. I had almost the same scenario happen to me. This guy came up to me while I was out on the sidewalk and told me to put my cigarette out. So I looked around and noticed nobody was looking and then punched him in his face so hard that his nose was crushed. He totally didn't expect it because he didn't do anything to stop it. Then I left him on the ground in a bloody crying mess.

It was hysterical, I wish you could have been there.

top topics

join