It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

star shaped ufo filmed in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi all - just back from walking the dog and saw a single large bright orange light in the sky (no not the sun it's night time here), the sky has been grey and cloudy all day so there is no stars visible, so it wasn't Mars etc.. it wasn't blinking like a plane it looked more like flickering like a flame but this would most likely be down to the passing through the cloud cover - I am on the flight path so it's possible that it was a plane, although there was no noise, normally they're reasonably loud, light was heading west into the direction that planes normally come in for landing and sure enough a couple of minutes later a plane came in - it's lights looked like normal plane lights, not too big flashing etc..??

But I digress, I did a quick search to see if anyone had been quick of the mark and posted anything about it.. but no..

I did however find this

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

Did a search and don't see any mention of it on here yet so I thought I'd share. Be interested to hear your thoughts - also if anyone from central Scotland happened to see something unusual in the sky I'd be keen to hear..

cheers

Berth

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just a simple question, I know it's off topic, but your avatar.. is there a reason you have it? Susan Boyle was quite inspirational to me at least (and Paul Potts, and others like that), and your avatar does her an injustice. It's fairly insulting, in fact. Just curious why you chose that as your avatar.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Just a simple question, I know it's off topic, but your avatar.. is there a reason you have it? Susan Boyle was quite inspirational to me at least (and Paul Potts, and others like that), and your avatar does her an injustice. It's fairly insulting, in fact. Just curious why you chose that as your avatar.

That should be pretty obvious... his name is BadBertha... bertha (www.urbandictionary.com...)-look at 3rd definition. Need I keep going into detail?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

That should be pretty obvious... his name is BadBertha... bertha (www.urbandictionary.com...)-look at 3rd definition. Need I keep going into detail?

OT: That is a very interesting video. I'm not sure what to make of it. I've never seen a UFO of that shape before.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Naaaaah. i think its just a star.. really nothing more than that.. that was mistaken for a UFO

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

G'day badBERTHA

That Mussain video is showing a balloon.

That type of balloon has been the subject of many threads on ATS.

Based on your info, I'd guess your own sighting was probably of a plane on approach, the appearances of which can be quite "deceiving".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks Maybe...maybe not, haven't come across that one yet (don't know how I missed it) pretty funky all the same..

Cigar... like it

Fleabit - the avatar is there because I find it funny..there is more to it than that but that's the main reason..

thanks for the replies

b

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

G'day badBERTHA

I'll try to find a picture of the balloon for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Here are some

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd4b8a796e49.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/081a8396a86d.jpg[/atsimg]

Article about similar "sightings" occurred in Brazil:
More Spiky “UFOs” in Brazil

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

Have done a bit more searching and found this

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Redditch, Worcestershire-8th February 2010
Feb.07, 2010 in Worcestershire Leave a Comment

Location of Sighting: redditch worcestershire
Date of Sighting: 8th feb 10
Time: 18.45
Witness Name: ann

Witness Statement: I was walking my dog and heard some teenagers shout ufo, I looked up and saw a bright orange light travelling the speed of an helicopter, which I though it was the police helicopter, but i have seen this many times with its searchlight on, and this light was a different light, also it had no sound, i managed to take a photo on my mobile, went to take another and it had dissappeared, it was a clear night on friday and what clouds there was were high, this was flying well below the clouds, i have no idea what it could’ve been but i know it was definatly not a chinese lantern!

Source: www.uk-ufo.co.uk

Comment : If you can provide further information on this or other possible UFO sightings in this area then please leave a comment or send details through our “submit sighting” form.

She has the date wrong as it was posted last night - I think it was about 30 mins after her sighting that I saw something..

The main things that are niggling me was the amount of cloud.. the 2 planes I saw coming into land at Edinburgh airport could be seen coming through the cloud from a reasonable distance but the lights were significantly smaller and blinking as normal, not to mention the noise. No stars at all could be seen, no moon etc..

The first light I saw was much bigger in comparison (let's say if a plane light is the size of an orange this was more like a football /soccer ball) it was heading in the direction same direction that the planes normally come in to land which never happens for obvious reasons - planes taking off which are heading west are usually a couple of miles to the north...

It was definitely a bit on the weird side - I'll see if any other sightings are creeping onto the net

Thanks again

b

[edit on 8-2-2010 by badBERTHA]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos

I'll have to get my filing as well organised as yours!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

What I find hard to believe is why anyone who watches that would even think its a UFO.
I would love to be selling stuff in Mexico if its that easy to fool people.

Re Central Scotland go to this link my sister saw them 2 or 3 nights in a row she described them to me she didn't believe me till she saw this.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

[edit on 8-2-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thanks for the link.. I've never seen the chinese lanterns in action to know for sure that's what it could have been but it must have been the mother of all lanterns as this light was big and bright..

thanks again

berth

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It was established that sighting was of a star shaped ballon made for festive occasions.
It was not exactly a hoax but a confusion by that family, no big deal. Check the actual
star shaped balloon made in Mexico in this comparison. End of story.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Well done free-spirt see look for the obvious first if its not that THEN you might find something.

ps star for your post.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Thank you - case closed

Wish I could get a similarly conclusive answer to my own strange sighting..

All the best to you

berth

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anyone else think the title of this thread is funny? Star shaped UFO

That picture from your link is pretty interesting, I'd be afraid to see that.

Off topic much? They have U2U for talking to people about personal issues. He has every right to use that avatar.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is another witness report that sounds similar to what I saw, certainly where he saw it was roughly in the direction it was headed from where I was..

Erskine – Renfrewshire-7th February 2010
Feb.08, 2010 in Devon

Location of Sighting: Erskine – Renfrewshire
Date of Sighting: 07.02.10
Time: 10.30pm approx
Witness Name: Iain

Witness Statement: Having a ciggie in tmy south facing back garden, when I looked up to my left, and there was a large bright orange ball moving form left to right. It was below the cloud level and shimmered in the sky, it was there for a several mins, at one stage it hovered still before moving towards the south. As I was shouting to my partner to come and see it my neighbour was coming in from walking his dog, shouting on his wife to witness it, he had saw it for a while below the clouds and wanted to get home to ensure someone else could see it, all 4 of us witnessed it in the sky. It glowed brighter orange before heading upwards into the clouds and out of sight, It was not a plane or copter. !!!!

Source: www.uk-ufo.co.uk

His sighting was about 2 hours after mine..

cheers

b

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I feel, it's the real deal. Seen most of the angles.
But did you notice one of the star-angles was actually pointed toward the videographer? When we take a close look at this, whatever it is, the image pointing toward the camera is the same as the images all around. Yes?

Decoy

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The UFO is fuzzy cause its vibrating too fast for the camera to see.
Also and cone projections look more than the actual amount.
There is most likely a theory on how the crew can withstand such
vibrations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join