It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to produce higher-enriched uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Iran to produce higher-enriched uranium

www.cbc.ca

Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ordered his country's atomic energy agency on Sunday to begin the production of higher-enriched uranium.

The order from Ahmadinejad, announced during a live broadcast on state television, would raise Iran's uranium enrichment level from 3.5 per cent to 20 per cent.

Iran says it needs to refine its stockpile of low-enriched uranium to a higher purity to operate a medical research reactor in Tehran.

The United States fears Iran's nuclear program could be used to produce an atomic bomb but Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes.

Read mo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is the big bombshell Iran was planning for today.

My hope is that this does not begin a chain of events which will end with war vs Iran. However, events of the past lead me to believe that it could be possible. The US will surely bring sanctions if the Iranians follow through. Hopefully, China and Russia don't get into the middle of it, but they probably will.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well they had to see this coming down the pike. They only wont 20% higher grade plutonium to run a reactor

"Iran says it needs the higher-enriched fuel to operate a 41-year-old, U.S.-built reactor used for medical purposes"

www.washingtonpost.com...

This is why the US needs to stay out of other country's business. All the things we lent or sold are coming back to bite us in the rear Iraq, Iran, tali ban, and who knows what els.

this is just what Isreal needs more prof. (20% thats awful weak liquor in my book)

new topics

join