It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin 'Would Be Willing' to Take On Obama in 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Sarah Palin has President Obama in her sights, telling FoxNews.com she "would be willing" to challenge him in the 2012 presidential race.

"I would be willing to if I believe that it's right for the country," Palin said when asked if she would run for president in 2012.

She qualified the statement, adding that she sees "many" other potential candidates who are "in as strong or stronger position than I am to take on the White House and if they're in a better position than I in three years, I'll support them."

But the former GOP vice presidential nominee told "Fox News Sunday": "I won't close the door that perhaps could be open for me in the future."

Why doesn't she just say, 'I'm creating my own political action committee and will be running for president'. She basically said it there why not just finish saying what she wants to say.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
oh boy, i get to look forward to a few more years of people accusing me and my family of "being just like Palin" simply for being from the same state.

i wish she would just disappear into obscurity forever.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

why not just finish saying what she wants to say.

Well, Palin has a problem with finishing things, you know, like her term in office as Governor of Alaska.

That's the problem I think a lot of people would have, would she just bail out on the presidency in a year and a half because a lucrative book deal came around?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Oh no. I was hoping she'd finally go away. I guess that's not going to happen now; especially with this following of hers. All she's going to have to do is announce that she's running and say, "Hey gang! I'm Christian," and she'll be in. Or at the very least be in the lead for the GOP nod.

"If I believe it's right for the country". Who are you kidding Sarah? Every American thinks that they are what's right for the country!

Oy. Let's just hope that she doesn't choose Huckabee as a running mate.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
yeah if she did she would lose horribly... ron paul on the other hand.. that guy has a shot... his message resonates with the common american i think now more than ever

link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
oh boy, i get to look forward to a few more years of people accusing me and my family of "being just like Palin" simply for being from the same state.

i wish she would just disappear into obscurity forever.

When I think of Alaska the first thing that comes to my mind is Palin. I did want to move to Alaska before I learned of Palin then I said to myself, "If they could elect this moron and keep her high in the polls there must be wrong with the people of that state". I know not everyone from Alaska likes Palin but that is surely the picture the MSM is trying to paint.

link   
Sure, let the GOP make that mistake.

Let them put up Palin as the runner against Obama and watch all of America laugh her off the stage.

This is golden to the democracts, I bet they really hope she does run for President.

Better yet, let her run as an independant, that would be even more amusing.

We already have crappy politicans, let's not start electing ones that only had two brain cells when they were pregnant.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Maybe she should "take on" a book first, or perhaps an education.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh man, I might have to register republican just to vote for her in the primarys.

let the good times roll...the daily show will be a riot during that election.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
yeah if she did she would lose horribly... ron paul on the other hand.. that guy has a shot... his message resonates with the common american i think now more than ever

I would not vote in that election if Ron Paul ran because I don't want to vote for him but I also don't want to vote against him. While Ron Paul does agree with what the majority of Americans would think you have to understand that the Southeast, which is the heart of the Republican Party, would not like him very much since he is not quite so Socially Conservative so you would lose alot of that vote. You would not gain much vote from the Democrats or Independents because they would see him as too extreme. So really the only people that would vote for him is the angry Independents, the Civil Liberterian Democrats, and the Fiscally Conservative Republicans which would be lucky to give him 45% of the vote nationally.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well, she can't talk about
9/11
Federal Reserve
DHS
Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran
Looks like she is bought and paid for to me.
Why won't anyone give me lots of money?
Can I run for President?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

yeah, people don't realize that a majority of the state are elderly people, a lot of people move here to retire, and a lot of the younger people don't care about voting unfortunately, and she reaaaaly pandered to the elderly when she ran

thats how she won by such a "landslide"

and your absolutely right, the MSM does try to paint Alaska as a "Pro palin state" but trust me were not, a lot of people up here hate her, there are groups dedicated to spreading the truth about her up here.

I wish she would just retire from the politics forever, then maybe in 10 years i can proudly say im from alaska again, cause really i am proud, but whenever i express that now, its "oooh hes one of those nuts who loves palin"

link   
How about instead of Palin running for President(which I really hope she doesn't honestly) we find a far more radical potential runner? (yes, Ron Paul would be nice but he's getting too old for such a responsibility in my opinion.)
Thinking outside of the box we have much more potential for winning with a candidate like General Petraeus.
He's completely new to politics, he's managed and gotten far more done than this administration ever has. He's got the best credentials and resume in comparison to any other candidate.

Here's a little more about him:

General Petraeus was the General George C. Marshall Award winner as the top graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Class of 1983. He subsequently earned MPA and Ph.D. degrees in international relations from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, and he later served as an Assistant Professor of International Relations at the US Military Academy. He also completed a fellowship at Georgetown University.

www.centcom.mil...

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Oh man, I might have to register republican just to vote for her in the primarys.

let the good times roll...the daily show will be a riot during that election.

I agree entirely
Palin would be the best thing for comedy since Bush. She could employ thousands in comedy writing alone and bring America out of recession.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is making a third party candidate have a better and better chance. I don't see Obama getting reelected, or Palin getting elected for that matter. Maybe third party can make it in 2012?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would really love to hear what people outside of America think of Palin. I'm sure the thought of her winning would scare the hell out of them, she would probably act like Dick Cheney on foreign policy then act as her self and step down at her second state of the Union address and leave it to the VP. It truly scares me who she might pick for VP, my guess would either be religious maniac Mike Huckabee or corporate love bird Rick Perry.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
How about instead of Palin running for President(which I really hope she doesn't honestly) we find a far more radical potential runner? (yes, Ron Paul would be nice but he's getting too old for such a responsibility in my opinion.)
Thinking outside of the box we have much more potential for winning with a candidate like General Petraeus.
He's completely new to politics, he's managed and gotten far more done than this administration ever has. He's got the best credentials and resume in comparison to any other candidate.

Here's a little more about him:

General Petraeus was the General George C. Marshall Award winner as the top graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Class of 1983. He subsequently earned MPA and Ph.D. degrees in international relations from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, and he later served as an Assistant Professor of International Relations at the US Military Academy. He also completed a fellowship at Georgetown University.

www.centcom.mil...

It's feasable, but when is the last time a Military General was elected President?

That and he would need to not be a General during the election cycle, so that means either early retirement or quit.

That wouln't go well with American I would think.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would really love to hear what people outside of America think of Palin. I'm sure the thought of her winning would scare the hell out of them, she would probably act like Dick Cheney on foreign policy then act as her self and step down at her second state of the Union address and leave it to the VP. It truly scares me who she might pick for VP, my guess would either be religious maniac Mike Huckabee or corporate love bird Rick Perry.

Well being Canadian, I think she's a complete idiot.

I have a few reasons.

1) If somebody asks you what the job of the Vice-President is and you fail to asnwer not once but 5 times, you should really not quit your day job.

2) If two french Canadians can fool you into thinking you are speaking to the President of France. Then #1 also applies.

3) If you are dumb enough to think that while you are running for President, that you would EVER receive a call from the President Of France, just crawl under a rock, your ego is too big for America.

Ohh and there's that whole foreign policy, seeing Russia from my house thing as well.

Now joking aside, I think that she is just SO disconnected from the American value system and the heartland of America feel as it is today.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Without using your own personal opinion of either Palin or Obama, if she made the Republican nomination for president and ran against Obama who do you think would win that election? Palin or Obama, and by how much percentage points?

My guess is Palin 63% and Obama 31%.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would really love to hear what people outside of America think of Palin.

From what I've seen, people out side of he US think of Palin the same way that they think about other non-President US politicians—not much. She's not important at all, so why report about her? Thus, she's not even on the average persons radar screen.

I'm sure the thought of her winning would scare the hell out of them,

Not really. Her winning would be about as scary as it was when Obama won.

Remember, the rest of the world has their own problems to deal with and US political squabbles take up very little of the news coverage. Of course, they may report what the president did, if it effects the world at all, but not much beyond that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join