It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumps outbreak strikes Orthodox Jews in N.Y.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Mumps outbreak strikes Orthodox Jews in N.Y.

jta.org

More than 300 people, nearly all Orthodox Jews and Chasidim, have contracted the mumps in an upstate New York county.

The outbreak started in August in a summer camp in the Catskills for Orthodox Jewish boys. Twenty-five campers came down with the illness, the Centers for Disease Control told the newspaper.

Many of those affected were vaccinated against the mumps.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The mumps eh?
Doesn't sound too good but many affected were vaccinated against the mumps.

I did a search on other news sites and they all say that many of them were vaccinated against the mumps.

I wonder if they were all vaccinated or it was just an ineffective vaccine or perhaps all vaccines are useless.

jta.org

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The mumps eh?
Doesn't sound too good but many affected were vaccinated against the mumps.

I did a search on other news sites and they all say that many of them were vaccinated against the mumps.

I wonder if they were all vaccinated or it was just an ineffective vaccine or perhaps all vaccines are useless.

jta.org

I'm assuming it was a mutation of the virus.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Counting down to how many posts takes before someone says the decrease in MMR vaccination rates are weakening the herd immunity and thus allowing room for the pathogen to mutate...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by jjjtir]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

...or perhaps all vaccines are useless.

Or the virus mutated, they have a habit of doing that.

Counting down to how many posts takes before someone says the decrease in MMR vaccination rates are weakening the herd immunity and thus allowing room for the pathogen to mutate...

There goes my countdown to the anti vaccine group posting something stupid, but I suppose that was already over after seeing the OP say his piece.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
I suppose that was already over after seeing the OP say his piece.

Well... I do apologize for being skeptical on high-profit needles that are being mass marketed to me while many professionals in that same industry strongly oppose it.

Do I need to wake up?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT CONTRACTING THE PLAGUE WITCHES.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
VERY interesting.

Seems I recall authorities blaming un-vaccinated children for triggering and harboring new mutations. Un-likely, imo. Methinks it more likely that vaccines create new mutations.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A few of these diseases they vaccinate against, like measles, are relatively harmless in children, but can be very serious in adolescents or adults. What happens when the vaccine no longer works(they tend to lose their effectivesness over time)? Then you have to get the booster. Assuming you can afford it. Assuming there isn't a ''shortage.'' Assuming there's not just saline solution in that vaccine.

Methinks it more likely that vaccines create new mutations.

Yeah, like the Spanish Flu of 100 years ago. which allegedly killed 20 million worldwide. That outbreak that was traced to a US Army base in Kansas, where the new recruits had just been given an experimental flu vaccine.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by starviego]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here is a little info on mumps and the MMR shot:
The mumps vaccine does not provide 100 percent protection. One dose of the vaccine provides protection in approximately 80 percent of people, and two doses provide protection in approximately 90 percent of people. But even though the vaccine is effective, some of the cases in a mumps outbreak will be in people who were vaccinated against the disease.
MMR
While with alot of vaccines, vaccination requires boosters and one person not vaccinated or contracting it can cause an outbreak. CDC needs to look into this.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

For some odd reason I can't quite place, you really set off my 'shill' radar. Why don't you tell the good people about all the autism cases associated with the MMR?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Well then my friend you need to "reset" your "SHILL RADAR". I am quoting a site that does have good info on MMR shots as well as Mumps, Measles and Rubella. I have medic training as well as 3 immediate members of family in the medical field ( non-administrative) I shill for no one. Just becasue you have an issue with science, don't attempt to impune my integrity.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is the 'science' that tells us that vaccines are dangerous. What you have is big pharma quackery enforced by big brother thuggery.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by starviego]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

What you have are 2 different sets of "scientists" claiming each other is right. However one has published, peer-reviewed material. Not to mention decades worth of proof of concept.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
so to me this is the situation

its either

a mutated virus, meaning we are all now at risk for the mutated virus

the vaccine didnt work for these people, so who else wont it work for?

the vaccine just plain old doesnt work

i wonder which it is

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

the spanish "flu" might have triggered the outbrake that lead people to die but one can also argue that the lack of nutrition and vitamins where the main cause why people died.

and an isolated outbrake like this only shows that its self afflicted / intentional be it the vaccines or not.

new topics

top topics

join