Iran says home-made stealth fighter tested "That Could Attack US Gulf Fleet"

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Found this interesting. It says it can not be seen on any radar. Israel is not going to like that . www.presstv.ir...

Iran has successfully tested the prototype of its first domestically-built stealth fighter, a senior Air Force commander said Sunday.

"The plane, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, cannot be detected by any radar," Air Force Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh, the force's coordination deputy, told reporters.

He said data from the test-flight had been favorable and the force will move forward with its plans for the plane, called Sofreh Mahi, meaning Manta Ray, Fars News Agency reported.

Brig. Gen. Nasirzadeh, however, explained that the production process will not be rushed as such complex systems need thorough analysis and exhaustive testing.

Could be used as drone "That Can Attack US Gulf Fleet" www.spacewar.com...

[edit on 7-2-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Furthermore www.tmcnet.com...

According to Press TV, Iran on Wednesday successfully test- fired a satellite rocket and unveiled three new satellites and a satellite carrier to mark the 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.
So they now have the capability to take down satellites?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Iran has successfully tested a radar-evading aircraft, a commander said on Sunday, in the country's latest announcement of technological advances as it marks the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution.

The semi-official Fars News Agency, citing senior air force official Aziz Nasirzadeh, said the prototype of a radar-evading aircraft named Swordfish had been test-flown.

"The prototype of this aircraft ... Completed all radar evading characteristics considered by us," he said. "We are evaluating the data from the test flight and it will go into production after completing additional tests."
Advertisement
Iran is embroiled in a dispute with the West over its nuclear program and often makes announcements of progress in its military capabilities, in an apparent attempt to show its readiness to respond to any military attack.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

More.. english.farsnews.com...

Seems like its only a model drone.

Iran Successfully Tests 1st Radar-Evading Aircraft

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran has successfully tested the research model of its first home-made radar-evading aircraft named 'Sofreh Mahi'(flatfish), a senior Iranian army commander announced on Sunday.

"The research model of this plane which staged a successful flight passed all radar-evading tests that we desired," Lieutenant Commander of the Iranian Army Air Force General Aziz Nasirzadeh told FNA.

The General said that the flatfish-inspired shape of the aircraft as well as the materials used in its structure have provided the aircraft with the radar-evading capability.

He also announced that once the aircraft passes further tests and its features and capabilities are completed, the Defense Ministry will start its mass production.

Production of the actual size as well as mounting and testing weapons and a number of systems on the aircraft are the next phases before we can start its mass production, Nasirzadeh said.

Iran in June successfully tested a home-made radar-evading Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) with bombing capabilities.

"This airplane is a model drone built on a one-seventh scale for the defense ministry," Commander of the Iranian Army Air Force General Hassan Shah Safi said, adding that the UAV bomber would be produced in virtual size and would join the Iranian Air Force fleet in the near future.

He explained that the UAV has been designed and manufactured for reconnaissance and bombing missions, considering its radar-evading capability.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I fell off my chair laffing at that the latest act of bravado from El Mad. Even Russia with all its braintrust could not even give a new engine to their so called new generation stealth fighter, and here we have the mad lord chamberlin and his court jesters from the tyranical Iran regime claiming they have achieved a breakthrough!

Sigh...if only they cared more about iranian lives than nutjob weapons of war...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Iran also says their space industry is better than NASA according to Presstv.

They stuck a mouse onto a rocket and call it science, and god knows what this stealth fighter actually is.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Iran also says their space industry is better than NASA according to Presstv.

They stuck a mouse onto a rocket and call it science, and god knows what this stealth fighter actually is.

RT rt.com... has also picked up on the story although you are right still originally coming from press tv. Are they not trustworthy as don't know anything about them.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Could be used as drone "That Can Attack US Gulf Fleet" ..www.spacewar.com...

Iran Claims New Stealth Drone That Can Attack US Gulf Fleet

File photo of an Iranian UAV.

Israel testfires anti-missile system in 'message' to Iran
Jerusalem (AFP) Feb 11 - Israel carried out a successful night-time test of its Hetz (Arrow) anti-missile missile system Sunday in what public television described as a "message to Iran". The defence ministry confirmed the test-firing, the first since December 2005 when the military announced the system was fully operational. "This test-firing was aimed at checking the functioning of the Hetz at night and in extreme conditions against a ballistic missile," a ministry statement said. "All the system's components worked perfectly."

Public television said that a Hetz fired from the Palmahim base, south of the commercial capital Tel Aviv, intercepted a missile fired from a high-altitude aircraft, the television said. Public radio said the missile firing was designed to imitate Iran's Shahab-3, which has a range sufficient to reach Israel. Army radio noted that the firing coincided with the Iranian regime's celebrations for the anniversary of its overthrow of the Western-backed shah in the 1979 Islamic revolution. For the first three years after its launch in 1988, the United States paid 80 percent of the Hetz project's cost, but now the costs are shared equally. Since the 2003 overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, the project's primary focus has been Iran, which Israel now sees as its main threat.
by Staff Writers
Tehran (AFP) Feb 10, 2007
Iran said on Saturday it has started mass producing and using a stealth drone with a range of 700 kilometres (420 miles) that it claims is undetectable to radars. "We have built a drone with a more than 700-kilometre range which can collect information and shoot films," the head of the elite Revolutionary Guards, General Yahya Rahim Safavi, told Iran's Arabic-language satellite news channel Al-Alam.

"The material and the shape of this drone make it undetectable for radars, so it can not be targeted," he added.

"The drone has passed its experimental phase and it is being mass produced, and we are currently using it in our operations," Rahim Safavi, said without giving more details.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Interesting, but I think I'd be more inclined to believe that Iran has a deliverable nuclear device than a stealth fighter. There just so many hurdles I can't see them overcoming, being so isolated.

[edit on 2/7/2010 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I looked, where does it say ;

"That could Attack US Gulf Fleet.

Please show me that sir.

thank you in advance.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I looked, where does it say ;

"That could Attack US Gulf Fleet.

Please show me that sir.

thank you in advance.

In this report www.spacewar.com...

from UAV NEWS

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wasn't there some silvery UFO type thingmy recently came down in Iran that as hushed up. Maybe it was related to this.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't understand, why is it that Americans seem to think they are the only ones capable of making such weapons, is it not fair to say that any nation has that same capability, and if not why not? After all they work to the same laws of science as we do, they have their own professors and scientists that are just as capable as any in the US or the UK, and i think to dismiss such claims is very foolish, i don't for one minuet think the military in either the US or the UK would take such a foolish stance on such a claim.

I believe all the Iranians are trying to do is defend themselves in the face of being bullied by those who don't agree with their way of life, or that won't comply with their demands, well good for them i say, would the American or British people like to be told what to do by the Iranians or the Chinese for that matter? NO, i don't think so.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah....

Not "detectable" under their 1970's radar. How do they know how it will react under USrael surveillance and radar?

They don't.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

Compared to Russia and china, Iran is a smaller and poorer nation. Both Russia and China have no doubt been developing stealth aircraft for themselves, but china hasn't announced anything, and Russia has just turned out a prototype just recently, so it will probably be another 5-10 years before it enters service.

I am inclined to disbelieve that they have anything stealthier than the F-117.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Bingo .found a picture of it. www.modelzone.co.uk...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well,that's funny,Iran can say everything they wanted,but I believe only what I can see.May be they can by a rc helicopter on
http:// www.rctophobby.com and call it their secret weapon.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Jim1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join