It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 9/11 OS is true, how come no repeat events have occured?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Removed by mikelee

[edit on 7-2-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Removed by mikelee

[edit on 7-2-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Mikelee I have read many of your posts on this site and more often than not agree with your line of thinking, however what the hell does your last post have to do with my question? If you want to change the direction of the thread to whether or not terrorists exist in America, I agree with your acertion that they do. However, many of them are not Muslims! Also, the minor amount of Muslim terrorists that undoubtedly do exist in America are no match for the armed public anyway. If they attacked, they'd all be dead within a few weeks! To get us back on track, why the hell haven't they taken over any more planes and caused buildings to turn to dust, when obvioulsy they have the manpower to do so?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Oh, its mister tax lawyer, I wondered what that smell was. Their history is longer than ours so their attention span is longer so they are waiting for the perfect time.....

Well how could I argue with such a scientific approach? Who is waiting? What are they waiting for? Why was 9/11/01 such a perfect date? Why are the not using what is a proven plan?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

You need to do a lot of reading buddy. I suggest starting with the first wtc bombing, and taking it from there. If your going to question a subject then you need to actually know something about it. There have been scores of unsuccessful al qaeda attacks before and after 9/11. 9/11 was in fact preventable, why it wasn't is any conspiracy theorist guess.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Lophe]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here's just a little list of attacks to start reading about. It's not complete, but should get you started on the right path.

1993 WTC Bombing

1993 Failed New York City landmark bomb plot

1994 Israeli Embassy Attack in London and a Jewish charity are car-bombed, wounding 20. Attributed by Britain, Argentina, and Israel to Hezbollah.

1994 A small bomb explodes on board Philippine Airlines Flight 434, killing a Japanese businessman. Authorities found out that Ramzi Yousef planted the bomb to test it for his planned terrorist attack (see also Bojinka plot and WTC bombing)

1994 Air France Flight 8969 is hijacked by GIA members who planned to crash the plane on Paris but didn't succeed.

1995 Bojinka Plot

1996 The Algerian Armed Islamic Group bombs an underground train in france injuring 28 people

1997 Ali Abu Kamal opens fire on tourists at an observation deck atop the Empire State Building in New York City, killing a Danish national and wounding visitors

1998 US Embassy Bombings

2000 Millennium Bomb Plots
2000 USS Cole Bombing

2001 Attempted Shoe Bombing

2001 Militants of Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 20 tourists from the Dos Palmas resort on the Island of Palawan

2002 Bali Bombings

2004 Madrid Train Bombings

2005 7/7 London Bombings

2009 underwear bombing

U.S. Thwarts 19 Terrorist Attacks Against America Since 9/11

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I still think Mutallab was a Manchurian Candidate.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm not too sure terrorists should be worried about airport security as much as they should be worried about other passengers on the plane. They're going to need a lot more than box cutters to take a plane now.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

Alright buddy, I never said anything at all about terrorist threats never being thwarted. Once again, I ask why has there not been a terrorist group hijack planes to fly into buildings in order to have them pulverize themselves to dust. Or fly planes into other buildings around the world similar to the pentagon, similar by being military headquarters I mean. Listing every terrorist plot discoverd since 9/11 has no bearing on this topic nor will it convince anyone of anything. Please try to read the topic of the thread if you are going to post.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well, I thought I was adding content in line with your post. I was not trying to "de-rail" it or anything remotely like that. I apologize and will unsubscribe from this thread then. Again I apologize for posting what I thought was relevant content.

Have a good one.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Sorry Mike, I wasn't trying to be an ahole. Just comes naturally I guess.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You can analyze this all you want, but it is going to lead to nothing. Only Al Qaeda knows why. I try and stay away from this debate because nothing is solid evidence. For every person debunking 9-11, there is a person backing up the OR just as impressively. I researched this for years, and my mind can just not take it anymore. I cannot say for a fact that the government was in on it... I cannot say for a fact the American government wasn't in on it to an extent. You just pick the theory you like the best and follow it.... nobody is more correct than anyone else on this topic. Who knows......... and who will ever know........ ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The simple answer is that it would be much harder to pull it off now. Before 9/11 everybody thought that hijackers were mainly arab nationalists who might take a plane, but with the goal of landing it and using the passengers and crew as hostages. This is why it was so easy to keep the passengers quiet. They assumed, understandably, that they were in the hands of people who would land the plane and then begin bargaining.

Since 9/11 the authorities have also stepped up the type of security which prevents the 9/11 kind of hijacking. It's much harder to get into the cockpit for one thing. Terrorists know this, and they know that crews and passengers would be much less subservient, so they don't attempt this kind of attack now. Because they're aware that it would most likely end in failure.

Instead, as listed above, they've tried various other types of attack. And several have been successful.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

One is huge increase in security. Prior to 9/11 could board airliners carrying small knives and such, no more
Cockpit doors before were flimsy and could be easily breached, often were left open . No more, doors are
reinforced and (supposedky) kept locked at all times

Two the terrorists no longer can operate freely like before 9/11. Hijackers spent nearly 2 years operating
"below the radar" - living here, taking flight training . Even when raised suspcion as in "Phoenix memo"
was lost in bureuacracy. The CIA tracked some of terrorists here, but were prevented by stupid rules from
telling the FBI when they knew.

Three - no longer have secure base in Afghanistan from which to operate from. Before terroists could freely
congregate and train. Now are disbursed, on the run from police and intelligence agencies trying to avoid
attrest or death.

Four - in 9/11 operation lost some of their best assets in the Hamburg cell, fanatics with advanced education
who could operate in the Western world. These were the "pilots"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
reply to post by Lophe

... I ask why has there not been a terrorist group hijack planes to fly into buildings in order to have them pulverize themselves to dust. Or fly planes into other buildings around the world similar to the pentagon, similar by being military headquarters ...

one reason might be that 911 would be a tough act to follow.

the four teams of trained pilots had several years for their dream to materialize,
they had an idea but needed a sponsor or source of income to have the plan come together...
we are told that M. Atta was that man...we are told to believe that ObL was the financier-
and the actual go-between was Khalid S Mohammed...

this daisy chain of willing antagonists willing to be martyrs/Agents like KSM/ or NGOs like AQ
are not very likely to be set in motion again...if ever!

next...the WTC towers 1 & 2 collapsed into their own footprint...far from what any of the actual
radical-zealots expected to happen... they expected a type of 'Towering Inferno' scene
to transpire, with all the trapped personnel above the unreachable impact level to be totally doomed.

the other key element was the assignment of the hijacking 'muscle' to insure that the 2 pilots
could commandeer the aircrafts into the (easy to spot) Targets:
2 each 1/4 mile tall buildings in Manhatten on a well known heading;
a unique 5 sided building on the south side of the Potomic River;
a 555' tall spire/obelisk that would be clipped in the approach to the WhiteHouse

they did their deed, which will outshine any other attempted operations of that nature,
who (even if a zealot, radical-militant) would waste their lives in a feeble attempt to outdo the
original 911 which changed the geopolitical paridigm of Empire USA

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Cetainly if Al Qaeda (spelling?) pulled off the attacks on 9/11 as the official story claims, then why have they not repeated such a masterpeice of terrorism?

....boarding planes, then explain the Christmas day events?

Kind of answered your question there. They've tried, obviously not the same strategy, and have failed.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Cetainly if Al Qaeda (spelling?) pulled off the attacks on 9/11 as the official story claims, then why have they not repeated such a masterpeice of terrorism?

....boarding planes, then explain the Christmas day events?

Kind of answered your question there. They've tried, obviously not the same strategy, and have failed.

IIRC, didn't the passengers of that plane beat his *** till he submitted? I think that is a HUGE deterrant!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
it isnt just that that exact plan did not occour again, the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan got pounded for years and their "brethern" did not feel compelled to pull anything else off of that scale again.

Oh and on the underwear bomber, he tried to set off the device given, so did the shoebomber, but somehow the people who collapsed 2 towers cant get simple explosives right anymore. There have been many more instances around the world where terror cells were not successfull in detonating the devices they planted. It seems if we feel scared of terror thats good enough. If nobody dies, then far less people are going to be nosy about those events, but the people at large will still feel alquaeda is a real threat and the Saudi Osama bin laden (formerly?) employed by the CIA is the boss. So you get the best of 2 worlds.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I've wondered the same thing and if the OS is true then yeah its probably because of the wars and that other terrorists don't want to invoke the wrath of the US.

On the other hand, if the OS is true, Al Qaeda MUST have known that an attack of this scale would result in their country being completely ruined and their organisation being crushed. Perhaps they didn't care and/or blindly believed they could be victorious by destroying America's morale. I find it fairly unbelievable, but we are lead to believe that they are like wild animals backed into a corner, which has an element of the truth in it.

Of course the OS isn't true, so the real answer is because its the perfect cover. You commit the crime, then put in security measures so the crime doesn't happen again. Then you look awesome because your security measures work so well.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

Al Qaeda don't have a country though. They had something of a haven in Afghanistan, but they probably underestimated America's resolve and willingness to invade, and overestimated their support and the strength of the Taliban. Ultimately they were probably aware that they could always move somewhere else, and so it's proved.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join