It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.6 Earthquake off Southern Japanese Coast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

TOKYO – Japanese officials issued a tsunami warning Sunday for several small islands after a strong earthquake shook an area off the country's southern coast.

The Meteorological Agency said the earthquake hit at 3:10 p.m. (0610 GMT) and registered magnitude 6.6. The U.S. Geological Survey measured it at 6.4.

There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties.

The Japanese agency said the tsunami was expected to be about 1.6 feet (50 centimeters) high.

It seems almost every week there is a major earthquakes. Birth pangs my friends, birth pangs.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Misoir]

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Misoir]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Seems about right.

Since 1973 there has been an average of about 5.6 earthquakes of 6.0 and greater in every 7 day period.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

We just have been not so lucky in the locations this year compared to the average you speak of. I think this will be a very active earthquake and sunspot year, because I think they go hand in hand.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

A lot of people think that.
The trouble is there is no evidence to support that belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

adsabs.harvard.edu...

www.grandinite.com...

The second link has more links at the bottom. They don't have it 100% proven but have some interesting studies done and theories on this.

Might be worth your time

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

From what I can gather from the abstracts of those studies they were not very rigourous.

Our investigation preliminarily shows that each earthquake under study was preceded by a solar flare of GOES importance B to X class by 10-100 hrs. However, each flare was not found followed by earthquake of magnitude ¡Ý4.0.

adsabs.harvard.edu...
So there was a flare up to 4 days before each earthquake and not every flare produced an earthquake. Right.

(1) Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed. (2) the earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others.

www.springerlink.com...
What? There are more earthquakes when there is less solar activity?

It has been indicated that the maximum of seismic energy, released from earthquake sources in the 11-yr cycle of sunspots, is observed during the phase of cycle decline and lags 2 yr behind the solar cycle maximum.

www.springerlink.com...
More earthquakes a little after solar max

Maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity. Terrestrial solar flare effects which are the actual coupling mechanisms which trigger quakes appear to be either abrupt accelerations in the earth's angular velocity or surges of telluric currents in the earth's crust. The graphs presented in this paper permit probabilistic forecasting of earthquakes, and when used in conjunction with local indicators may provide a significant tool for specific earthquake prediction.

adsabs.harvard.edu...&PSL...3..417S
Prediction doesn't seem to have gotten too far since 1967.

Every one of those papers is saying something different.

Here is a chart of earthquakes of 7.0 and greater since 1900.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f4d694099d1.png[/atsimg]
Do you see an 11 year cycle?

[edit on 2/7/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Would be interesting if the measurements turned out to be 6.66

It seems Earthquakes and other Natural Disasters are becoming more and more frequent, or more of them are making the news than at any other time in the past.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
One of the last California shakers came from just off the coast in Eel valley (I think). It was about 5 miles deep. Then we had the last one that was 5.9 and over 14 miles deep.
(N40.4123 W124.9613 on GE)
These are all around a ridge of under water mountains that stretch from the California coast to Donelson Sea mount off of Wake Island.
For what it’s worth, in Jim Marrs book, PSI SPIES, the Army Remote Viewers see a dormant volcano exploding in the Cascades. My guess, it will be Three Finger Jack.
Violater1 out

p.s.
Phage, who is the person in your avatar?
[edit on 7-2-2010 by Violater1]

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

John Lithgow, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Cool movie...

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
It seems almost every week there is a major earthquakes. Birth pangs my friends, birth pangs.

Actually, there was a 6.1 yesterday NE of Japan... this one was SW of Japan, more in the Taiwan region.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here's a very speculative (and I admit, perhaps simplistic) possible correlation between the Ryukyu Island's quake and Sunspot 1045. The sunspot group matches very closely the map of the island group when one image is mirrored. There was a similar, and equally speculative correlation between sunspot 1040 and the Haitian 7.0 earth quake - see my thread Sunspot 1040 and the Haitian Earthquake

To be clear, I'm not saying that these spots match exact coordinates on Earth, nor am I saying sunspot activity was the primary cause of these quakes. I'm merely pointing out that both groups of sunspots are shaped like the landmass on Earth affected by the quakes. You'll have to read the other thread to see what I think might be going on here - it's all quite 'out-there,' hence why I placed that thread in the Skunk Works forum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95607548d54a.jpg[/atsimg]

Also, here is an overlay image of both sunspot groups as they appeared at the approximate time of the quakes. You'll notice that 1040 was directly in line with the center, while 1045 was slightly to the left. I've also noted the latitudes of both quakes - there was about a 5-degree Earth-difference. The difference between both sunspot groups is also about 5 degrees.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71d760ee0ad5.jpg[/atsimg]

larger SOHO MDI Continuum image

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Violater1

John Lithgow, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.

Cool movie...

Peace

When I first saw the avatar, I thought it was the drummer from Metallica

Does look kinda like Lars

top topics

join