It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near Birth Experiences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Okay, so we have all heard of Near Death Experiences, but what about Near Birth Experiences?

Since pretty much as far back as I can remember, 2 years of age or so, I have always remembered this happening :

I am in place that feels high, definitely elevated. Feels as if I am looking down upon everything - not literally, but figuratively. It is all white and bright. There is nothing around and nothing to see. This place is empty, and yet full of whiteness. There is a strong presence with me and I distinctly remember having a conversation with this person. I was asking him questions like, 'what will they think of me' will they accept me,' etc.... He assured me that everything would be fine and that my soon to be parents would be happy to have me with them and that I would make them proud.

Now I have told this to many people, my parents included, and they all insist that it must have been a dream. But I swear, I do not remember dreaming this happening. I simply remember it. Besides, that's a pretty intense and deep dream for a 2-3 year old to be having, right?

So anyways, I am wanting to know if anyone else out there has any of these memories. Am I the only one? Is this just some sort of dream of an insanely deep-minded imaginative toddler? Was I really remembering memories of before I was born? Did I converse with God, Allah, Jehovah, Yahwey, The Great Cow in the Sky, or whatever you want to call him/her? Do I need to be on drugs and locked away?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, as I have always wondered about this and never spoken to anyone with a similar experience.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

That is a great experience.

Never let people tell you that you are wrong - people do not know the truth.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

Thanks for your reply. I believe and certainly hope that is indeed a memory, as it gives me...well...hope.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I am thrilled that I have given you hope!

Enjoy your life.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Perhaps your feeling the thoughts of soon to be aborted babies

very sad

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Perhaps your feeling the thoughts of soon to be aborted babies

very sad

Eeek....

No, this memory is definitely my own. It's me in the memory, no one else. Just me and this assuring presence.

So no one else has memories like this?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Has no one else had a memory like this? Am I the only one!? Am I through the roof, over the hills, bat-crap crazy?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I'll tell you something I recall from my childhood....or there 'bouts.(lol!) It's either a dream or a memory, I've never quite been able to decide.

When I was small, 4-5 years old.....I could 'remember' floating near the ceiling in our hallway, watching other children my age and some older, playing in the hallway. When I would think of this image, I would 'feel' or 'think' that, "now I can play with them instead of just watching..." ? ( I say floating.....I was above their heads, as if watching from a balcony or staircase.)

We moved into that old house when I was a year old. The previous owners did have children, but it's not likely that I'd remember them. My mom says my crib stood by the window so that I could look out and watch the neighborhood kids.....so she thinks I'm remembering looking out at them.
( I accepted this reasoning for years, but it didn't really fit .)

In the years after leaving home, moving away from that house....I was tormented by nightmares about something 'bad' happening to it (not to my parents, just to the house) .....after my parents were gone and I inherited the old place, the nightmares got worse.

I'd always had some 'bad' dreams that revolved around the place.....the one where I found a cool mahogany coffin in the front hall was very 'real' and unsettling .....and later my daughter dreamed that an old-fashioned dressed child was hiding in one of the closets. (after that, she refused to sleep in that room when visiting Grandmother!).

Not particularly odd dreams, but when I began doing some historic research for the house, I found some interesting details.....The original(?) owners had lost a child while living there....in about 1900, the child would have been 6 or so...The father was killed in a railroad accident in the 1920's...( was that his closed coffin I 'saw' in the front hallway??) After that, the widow 'gave the house away' and moved. She died in the '40's.....a decade before I was born.

More of a 'haunted' house story than a tale of reincarnation, except for that peculiar memory of floating above those playing children, and of longing to play with them.....?

My Mom may have supplied a clue a few years before her death, when she told me some details about an accident I'd had when I was about 3-4 years old....I'd fallen off a stool and split my head on the corner of something, knocked myself unconcious and was bleeding pretty good....(I'd heard that part for years, but you can imagine my surprise when she told me they'd thought I was 'gone' at first, because they could not tell if I was breathing, or find a pulse..)...but when they splashed some cold water on my face, I revived with a gasp.

So perhaps my 'memory' of floating and watching had something to do with my attempt to understand an out of body experience....but that doesn't really do much to explain my obsessive attachment (even when I was a kid) to that old house....So I have come to consider another question...

Could a waiting 'spirit' ( the widow) have 'moved in' when my other 'occupant' was temporarily knocked out...or had prematurely moved on....???

(I'll see your crazy and raise you one obsession!)

[edit on 12-2-2010 by frayed1]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I HAVE! I HAVE! I HAVE! I think there may even be a similar thread on this topic which I contributed to.

I have this memory being very high above looking down, kind of like on clouds (corny, I know) and my mother is in a room way below ready to give birth. On each side of me are two beings who were assuring me that all would be well and asking me if I were sure this was who I wanted and I said "yes" (I chose my mom)....and that's it. No memory after that until I was 3 or 4 or so.

But you're not alone here. I know there's a thread like this somewhere....let me see if I can dig it up.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Found it....the thread is titled, "I remember life before I was born" by cbass. Now if I could only figure out how to link you to it...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have recollection of something before i was born. Or at least remember Something before I can say I actually existed. You can usually tell the difference between reality and a dream, But what I experienced was on a whole different Plane of Existence.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Wow! That's really interesting. There is no way your experience could be a dream either! Also, how can a one year old remember such a vivid sounding recollection? Perhaps you did leave your body and and were occupied by another. It's intriguing for sure. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

That sounds A LOT like mine. Again, there is NO way that can be a dream! I wonder why only a few of us can remember these things? I have a pretty good photographic memory, and I pick up on details that others seem to not notice or easily forget. I wonder if that is why I (and you, and anyone else with NBEs (haha....think I just made that up....) can remember these memories while most can't. It's so real, my memory of that experience...I can see everything.

Also, thanks so much for the thread name! I'll search that name and check it out. I searched before making this thread to see if there was anything but came up blank. But now I have a thread title!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
oops double post!

[edit on 16-2-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Memories from 2-3 years old? not me. I'm lucky if I remember my name each morning. I am a nobody until my second cup of coffee and then reality finally sets in.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Ha.

I couldn't remember this thread. Perhaps your early memories are repressed as this thread was.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on 30-9-2010 by mateandbucky06 because: sorry had to many windows opened and posted on wrong bored

edit on 30-9-2010 by mateandbucky06 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Babies and Young Childrens souls are not "cemented" into their bodies yet, and frequently travel to the afterlife and other astral realms. They are comfortable doing, as their body is being integrated to the physical dimension and they lose their ability to travel as easily around 5 and 6. As a soul who decides to incarnate, it is generally seen as an unpleasant transition. Babies infact do not actually begin to merge completely with the baby body until the second trimester- and alot of the time spent in utero is brief, because the soul is not comfortable fully acclimating to such a tight- 3rd dimensional space and time. Not the uterine space, but the souls experience of 3rd dimensional space. Over time, more and more time is spent "inside the body" and one acclimates to grounding to the new body. Its a far out concept, that a body can be alive without a soul being inside of it, but its the case because a thread of the soul matrix (like a battery) is connected to the soul matrix of the body thus allowing the soul to travel. This is the case such as when we astral travel and dream, through a cord in the solar plexus.

new topics

top topics

join