It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Just read the summary then, its an easy way to get a grip of the report. To me its crystal clear, Iran does not comply.

36. Contrary to the request of the Board of Governors and the requirements of the Security Council, Iran has neither implemented the Additional Protocol nor cooperated with the Agency in connection with the remaining issues of concern, which need to be clarified to exclude the possibility of military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. It is now well over a year since the Agency was last able to engage Iran in discussions about these outstanding issues. Unless Iran implements the Additional Protocol and, through substantive dialogue, clarifies the outstanding issues to the satisfaction of the Agency, the Agency will not be in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Trust me, they are working on it, doesn't sound like a let up is in sight, almost a he said, he said, phenomenon going on here. I feel no one know's the hour, but, strange thing's afoot.....

www.analyst-network.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Boom, ditty, boom, ditty, boom, ditty boom.....( more war drums ) go ahead and throw a cymbal in there if'n ya wish, getting loud in here....

www.rightsidenews.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhines

Just read the summary then, its an easy way to get a grip of the report. To me its crystal clear, Iran does not comply.

36. Contrary to the request of the Board of Governors and the requirements of the Security Council, Iran has neither implemented the Additional Protocol nor cooperated with the Agency in connection with the remaining issues of concern, which need to be clarified to exclude the possibility of military dimensions to Iran’s nuclear programme. It is now well over a year since the Agency was last able to engage Iran in discussions about these outstanding issues. Unless Iran implements the Additional Protocol and, through substantive dialogue, clarifies the outstanding issues to the satisfaction of the Agency, the Agency will not be in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran.

Needless to say, not only does the IAEA Board of Governors and the Security Council not have the authority to request or require a sovereign state to enter into what amounts to an international treaty, but the UN Charter specifically prohibits such meddling in its internal affairs.

As an NPT-signatory and IAEA-member, Iran has an "inalienable right" to pursue many IAEA-Safeguarded activities, involving the chemical and physical transformation of certain NPT-proscribed materials, such as uranium-enrichment. When the Iranians finally get their heavy-water nuclear-reactor completed, then a few months before they actually introduce certain NPT-proscribed materials into that reactor, they are required to make subject to their Safeguards Agreement that facility and its activities.

However, the Iranians will never be required to make the heavy-water production plant and related facilities subject to their Safeguards Agreement, neither the IAEA Board or the Security Council has any authority to demand that they do.

I believe you are not familiar with the concept of NPT or how it works. It would be beneficial for yourself to familiarize yourself with the Treaty of NPT signed by Iran from IAEA website so you can actually understand the basics of this 'creature' and can take part in a actual discussion on solid grounds.
TREATY ON THE NON-PROLIFERATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS-22 April 1970

[edit on 8-2-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How come the western media, CNN and BBC, havnt picked this up?
Is paris hilton feeding her dog more likley to satisfy the celebrity obssesed public then a "maybe" nuclear war ?
Just curious to know why

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We can argue all day over semantics or drafted agreements for years like some lawyer, only that they are more lucratively paid to do so than us here, but there can be no disagreement on the pursuance of nuclear weapons by the Iranian leadership, readily admitted ad nausem.

By all means, make that bomb or bombs and be prepared to die by it, as all nations that carries those bombs have to live by. Many countries are already attempting to limit and then totally get rid of it. I am very sure the american, russian and chinese masses sweat heaps and develope nuke nitemares whenever tension rises. Yet Iran wants the bomb?

The only question for such policies, is the leadership authorised by the iranian masses to develope this M.A.D device? More so when there is evidence of electoral fraud? What are the safeguards and who presses the button? Had the masses been made aware of this doomsday device?

Nuke non-proliferation treaties are for a sensible purpose and not drafted just to keep the nuke club exclusive. Do remember its purposes. Mankind need not be made to suffer from nuke wars. Hirsoshima and Nagasaki are stark reminders that we MUST NEVER forget. Why oh why must we go down this road???

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Paying attention now!!!!! Not much to read into this my friends!!!!!

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Originally posted by rhines

Needless to say, not only does the IAEA Board of Governors and the Security Council not have the authority to request or require a sovereign state to enter into what amounts to an international treaty, but the UN Charter specifically prohibits such meddling in its internal affairs.

As an NPT-signatory and IAEA-member, Iran has an "inalienable right" to pursue many IAEA-Safeguarded activities, involving the chemical and physical transformation of certain NPT-proscribed materials, such as uranium-enrichment. When the Iranians finally get their heavy-water nuclear-reactor completed, then a few months before they actually introduce certain NPT-proscribed materials into that reactor, they are required to make subject to their Safeguards Agreement that facility and its activities.

However, the Iranians will never be required to make the heavy-water production plant and related facilities subject to their Safeguards Agreement, neither the IAEA Board or the Security Council has any authority to demand that they do.

"You also say Tehran have refused to give access to ‘relevant Iranian authorities’ who could address allegations surrounding Iran’s research on the design of nuclear warheads."

Well, as you must know, the charge that Iran was secretly pursuing the "design" of a "nuclear warhead" – made by "an intelligence official of a foreign country," supposedly based upon the contents of a stolen "Iranian" laptop computer, which were supplied the CIA in 2004 and the IAEA in 2006, but have never been supplied to the Iranians – was totally refuted in May by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

I believe you are not familiar with the concept of NPT or how it works. It would be beneficial for yourself to familiarize yourself with the Treaty of NPT signed by Iran from IAEA website so you can actually understand the basics of this 'creature' and can take part in a actual discussion on solid grounds.
TREATY ON THE NON-PROLIFERATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS-22 April 1970

But you do understand that countries such as Libya, North Korea and in that respect Iran might have a double agenda when signing the treaty in return for nuclear technology?
You present your statements as if a country is free from every accusations when it signs this treaty..I tell you i dont trust Iran just like i dont trust North Korea, the difference is Iran is an upcoming power in that region with influence throughout the region supporting most Shiite terrorst groups, that is not a healthy thing to allow...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Allright, settled down now, not much to be concerned about I guess, now where is that koolaid everyones been talking about....oh there it is over there, gonna go get me a big ol' glass of that stuff, then everything will be just fine and dandy....... Right????

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
But you do understand that countries such as Libya, North Korea and in that respect Iran might have a double agenda when signing the treaty in return for nuclear technology?

As I mentioned previously this is very different from the situation in North Korea, which has already tested a nuclear weapon. As the saying goes "innocent until proven guilty" same thing goes for Iran. So far there is no evidence in the public domain that Iran is currently testing a weapon, making a weapon or even enriching uranium to a level (80% percent) that could be used in a nuclear weapon.

You present your statements as if a country is free from every accusations when it signs this treaty..

It's just because so far Iran has played within the NPT rules that they signed and accusation on basis of no evidence is just that, an accusation, nothing more. It does not formulate a fact or evidence.

I tell you i dont trust Iran just like i dont trust North Korea, the difference is Iran is an upcoming power in that region with influence throughout the region supporting most Shiite terrorst groups,

That statement does not hold merit in logic..did USA arm Taliban with nuclear weapon after supporting it when Soviet Union invaded it? In any case, what you ignore is the fact that the Iran spent over $750 million helping the United States topple the Taliban after 9/11 and was rewarded for its efforts with an "Axis of Evil" designation. The United States then sheltered the MKO, a terrorist group that had tried to assassinate the Iranian Supreme Leader, while simultaneously demanding that Iran release al Qaeda operatives in its custody to the United States. Does that mean USA will provide MKO/ Jundullah with nuclear arms?

Secondly, the Shiite Groups you claim Iran is supporting like Hamas and Hezbollah only USA & it's allies like Canada, the European Union, Israel, Japan and the United States classify them as a terrorist organization. The United Kingdom and Australia, classify only Hamas' independant military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades as a terrorist organization. I believe no other country treats them as terrorist organisations. Whereas, under Geneva convention they came under the category of Resistance Fighters against invasion and occupation , specially not in Middle East Arab countries which is not surprise keeping in context the history of Israel/ Lebanon and Palestine. Infact, if you are not aware Hezbollah is already part of Lebanon Govt. and Hamas is democratically elected in Gaza. But that is the topic for another thread.

that is not a healthy thing to allow...

See this is the mindset I find appalling. How can you allow or not allow a sovereign country to practice their rights? You (not as in person) are not a owner/ king of the world, we share the world. Once you realise that world does not move according to what you (again not as in person) allow you will realise the faults of the way.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Khamenei: Israel's disappearance certain Local news agencies reported that the Iranian supreme leader called on the Islamic Jihad to continue its armed struggle against the Jewish state
Source: www.ynetnews.com...

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he hopes strong international sanctions on Iran will forestall the need for a military strike designed to end the country's chances of developing a nuclear weapon.
Source: www1.voanews.com...

The British Foreign Office said Iran’s plans “would just add to the catalogue of concerns about a nuclear programme with no civilian application, in a country building nuclear facilities in secret and refusing to answer IAEA questions about weapons related activity.” Source: www.ft.com...

Officials from the United States, France and Russia said Monday serious measures should be taken against Iran after the country informed the UN nuclear agency of its plans to enrich uranium to 20 percent purity for a medical research reactor in Tehran.
Source: www.presstv.ir...[
AFP: www.google.com...

Oh well, thanks user Dec. Rain for your alternative view on the subject. I am still convinced that Iran will not back down this time, they continue to stall the process and refuses to comply with IAEA and international demands/questions. Maybe it all starts when Israel decides to strike against Hezbollah this February.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

To use your quote "Is that a personal attack? How do you expect me to reply to a attack of 9yr old kids..do you want me to reply by saying "You remind me of Fox News"? Sorry not interested! Grow up."
This quick and personal attack by you when one member said you reminded him of an official spokesman just makes the point that perhaps you are. If so, you are, if not, not. Personally, after reading through the pages it seems to me you have a lot of official lines to spout. I think there has been a good discussion going, but you seem to so readily respond with pro Iran, anti Israel lines that I wonder at your neutrality. I would trust Israel before an Iran led by a religious madman . I think the people of Iran are not like the leader who stole the election. Before you now tell me to grow up, and include in your retort to me all kinds of demeaning statements, I have met many terrific people when I was in the Middle East. I do not equate the people in a country to their leaders.
I think we will wait for the 11th to see what happens. It might , after all, be as important as Iran sending their own satellite in orbit, and not a military attack . I certainly hope it is that kind of "hit" at the Western powers to show off, and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by Jobeycool

After you have reached the 20% mark of nuclear enrichment it is not real hard and long to get to the 80% to 90%.However it still would take time to learn how to launch it and make a nuclear bomb out of it.This scenario is down right scary and I think anyone can see this esculating into all out war.

It is expensive to enrich to even 20%. Do you really think it's going to be easier to enrich to 80%? And war will only come if someone does something stupid. Iran is not going to bomb anyone to bring about WWIII. They aren't crazy. They just want a chip to keep Isreal and the U.S. out. As I do actually believe in universal rights, I believe Iran does in fact have the right to nuclear weapons. Other countries (including the U.S.) have them and believe they have a right to said weapons for their own defense. Why not Iran then?

I say leave them alone. If they attack us then by all means strike back.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by antonia]
Hi Antonia,
You will see Freetree's post and link above, and that the Ayatollah is Commander-in-chief, and who has many times prophesied the destruction of Israel and that it was imminent, like I said already, last time he said it would be by Hezbollah. These kinds of people are no different than any other dictator. Hopefully the people in Iran will object, and be seen to object against this kind of rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This so called great announcement will occur only 1 day before the openings of the winter olympics. If Iran was truly thinking strategy here they would continue to drag the IAEA along until the very end then on Feb. 11 announce that they have finished making 'the bomb', with these words the US/Israeli's would strike in an instant. But, like I said, if Iran was truly thinking strategy they would have moved 'the bomb' to the Caspian sea. Then they could threaten all of Europe and Israel while the US/Israeli forces are bombarding southern Iran they could have 'the bomb' sitting nice and pretty way up in the north just waiting to be launched. It's all about strategy and Iranians know strategy, they invented chess!

I like your avatar, that is cool. Also I think an attack is on also, the only reason that those two missile frigates or crusiers would go to the other side of the middleeast would be to go into the persian gulf. This is what is going to happen. The Israeli's will get the OK to attack Iran's nuclear facilities by refueling in Iraq to make the long journey and in concert the ships will act as backup to knockout any response and/or target other areas. Then when Iran retaliates Obama will have reason to attack Iran because of Iran attacking Israel, very clever but not to smart long term. This will galvanize the people behind the state because of the attack on what they want and that is nuclear power. They may not like him, but they like their countries foray into nuclear technology. Also it makes it even more difficult for the moderates to speak out once their country is attacked.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by assbarman

My Mum & Dad's next door neighbour works for the Home Office in London and is very high up.

I asked him last weekend almost the same question.

His reply was "We tell Sky & BBC News etc what to say and when and if they say anything they shouldn't, they get their license pulled. They're scared #less of saying the wrong thing."

So basically, it's very controlled and unless we come onto ATS, we're fed bull# or nothing at all.

Thank you for ATS for probably the best News service on the Internet!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by Phedreus

The United States has no business trying to take out anything that Iran may put up, whether nuclear power plants, or mosques. The USA is not the police power of the world. The United Nations has the right to impose its voice and will upon Iran. Use the United Nations to do the right thing, not a single nation, whether China, Russia, Japan, Germany, Brazil, or USA, or Cuba...Don't be so irrational!

I do believe we have tried that route and look where it has gotten us. We dont care about their mosques or their power plants, but to allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon, that is just irrational.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Just tossing this out.
I read pretty much all the post here and you by far earn my upmost respect. You're very intelligent and provide solid facts for your arguments.

accusation on basis of no evidence is just that, an accusation, nothing more. It does not formulate a fact or evidence.

That statement is so true.

How can you allow or not allow a sovereign country to practice their rights? You (not as in person) are not a owner/ king of the world, we share the world. Once you realise that world does not move according to what you (again not as in person) allow you will realise the faults of the way.

Couldn't agree more with you.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your post.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by innocenttdreams]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
just browsing it seems like the argument is who to trust

iran or israel

well both sides arent very intelligent, because the truth is, neither side should be trusted by anyone outside their country

if you are american, canadian, european, african, south american, or asian outside of the middle east, or australian, you should not trust either group

the fact the world doesnt put the whole area in their place is pretty absurd to me

sure the whole world acts childish and immature, but that area seems to be the dominant 2 year olds in a large play group, and someone needs a spanking

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
After reading all 9 pages I am up to date..

I think allot of people have forgotten WWII, and how it began.

Personally I do not care what goes on in the Middle East, but if we do not keep an eye on Iran and if they try to make that area unstable. Which is whatit looks like they are trying to do, andi f Oil prices go up and gas is 5 dollars a gallon, or whatever because Iran started a fight and a war is happening down there, then what? That is how IRAN, aka Persia, is a powerful player in the World. I guess capitalsim will collapse is harsh. But I think bad things will happen. No I do not think we are kings of the World but again, i think we are intelligent, and we learn from our mistakes..
It is a sad time on the Earth..

[edit on 9-2-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Is it me or is this similar to "Count down to looking glass" not the exact but similar The strait of houmuz will be the choke point if it gets blocked then who knows were this will land the world.

video.google.com...#

The U.S. Navy and Air force will flatten anything near the coast of Iran if they think they are going to try that. We have planned 9 years for that very situation. Iran's whole navy and air force is piddly pooh compared to our Naval power.

Sorry but Iran will try to invade Israel by ground when Russia steps in to help them.

I'm no arm chair general, I know what the bible says will happen and thats that. Syria and Lebanon will be wiped out completely by Israel. Russia, Turkey and Iran will be pummeled with nukes from Israel after they try and invade Israel. Israels missile defense systems will protect Israel all the while Israeli nukes pound their intended targets.

Russia will lose 2/3rds of its army, Iran and its allies will suffer tremendous damage. Obama does not allow the U.S. to publicly help Israel at all in this fight so he can come in and make peace between the waring parties.

Everyone will call him the prince of peace and he will proclaim himself Messiah, Then GOD melts his face at Megido.

The end.

"I'm no arm chair general, I know what the bible says will happen and thats that."

I read this and laughed my ass off if you're going to trust some 1900 year old book that has been heavily edited over time then why not trust the koran or the Torah?

What did the bible say about the economic crysis?? nothing? oh what a surprise. what does the bible say about nuclear power ?? nothing again well # me sideways another surprise. The sooner you fundies and your buybull get out of america and get into the REAL WORLD the better /rage

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join