It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab media: 2 Israeli Navy ships passed through Suez Canal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Hi Ant,
Sadly, you would be wise to doubt that,

www1.voanews.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Yes, they do. They have since the late 1950s'.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

"It will simply drive the program underground while creating or hardening Iran's resolve to pursue nuclear weapons in secret."

It is already underground, what you are saying is ex post. If Iran is only enriching uranium for civil purposes why do they prevent the IAEA inspectors to overview the process, why do Iran reject the uranium swap deal ? Because they are dead set on target, make nuclear weapons. I am 99% certian that Mahmoud will make a release about a new rocket and Iran sending up satellites, the same rockets can serve as icbms, just like Israel have the Shavit rockets for launching both their Jericho (3) icbm's and Ofek spy-satellites.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Iran could not nuke Israel, because country is so small that a dozen other
neighbors would be also affected. But Israel could nuke Iran without
too much collateral damages.

Iran cannot be invaded. It is too big a land mass. Just divide the surface of
the land mass by a million invaders (that you would never be able to muster)
and a soldier would not be able to see his fellow at his side, if evenly spread
out over the country. The ratio of residents to soldiers would be 80 : 1 with
all the advantages on the side of the residents including number of weapons.

If the US/Israel tried to take their underground facilities out, they would
probably respond by insane actions like those of Saddam, when he set all
the oilfields on fire, causing an environmental pollution.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No. I was pointing out that many Middle East countries wanted Iran’s facilities destroyed but hoped the U.S. would do the job so Israel did not have to. If Israel is forced to do this it puts many of the more moderate Arab nations in quite a quagmire

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Maybe this will help..a bit,

www.gnxp.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Pleae forgive my lack of punctuation. would allow the other, Arab nations not implying Iran is Arab.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by antonia

Hi Ant,

www1.voanews.com...

Uh, I knew that already but the fact remains nuclear weapons require enrichment of between 80 to 90 percent. 20% isn't going to cut it at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Israel Versus Iran

For starters Iran has the capability to shut down the strait of Hormuz, which 20% of the worlds daily oil supply travels through, also the Iranian Revolutionary guards are a far more formidable force than was Saddam Husseins army.

Problems with this:

1. Iran can never match our Naval might, not by .001 percent. We can and we would clear the strait anytime we wish too

2. And as for the Rev Guards? At the time of the Iraq War, the same thing was said about Saddam's personal guard. You remember them? The ones that gave up when they first saw us?

I'm sorry, but as far as military might and tech goes, Iran would simple be a fly in our ointment in full on combat. Now the aftermath could be another story like in Iraq now.

Also understand I am NOT advocating any of this, nor do I particularly support any conflict with Iran, I am simply talking logistics here. Hope you understand..

Thanks

Semper

Mmmm that's some nice N.A.T.O. properganda you have there man cast your mind back to 2006 and remember that this was the attitude that Israel had to Hezbollah technologically inferior poor tactics and unorganized. But if that WERE the case... how were they able to capture the soldiers in the first place?

Remeber NEVER underestimate the enemy as this is what has caused great empires to fall.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Does Egypt own / control the Suez Canal?

Yes, under the Constantinople Convention of the Suez Canal

Do they have the right to say who an use it?

No they do not. "The canal is owned and maintained by the Suez Canal Authority[5] (SCA) of the Arab Republic of Egypt. Under international treaty, it may be used "in time of war as in time of peace, by every vessel of commerce or of war, without distinction of flag.""

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This stuff is getting a bit scary.This happens it is WW3 and it is highly likely that Israel will strike Iran.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by antonia

Hi Ant,

www1.voanews.com...

Uh, I knew that already but the fact remains nuclear weapons require enrichment of between 80 to 90 percent. 20% isn't going to cut it at all.

After you have reached the 20% mark of nuclear enrichment it is not real hard and long to get to the 80% to 90%.However it still would take time to learn how to launch it and make a nuclear bomb out of it.This scenario is down right scary and I think anyone can see this esculating into all out war.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Is it me or is this similar to "Count down to looking glass" not the exact but similar The strait of houmuz will be the choke point if it gets blocked then who knows were this will land the world.

video.google.com...#

The U.S. Navy and Air force will flatten anything near the coast of Iran if they think they are going to try that. We have planned 9 years for that very situation. Iran's whole navy and air force is piddly pooh compared to our Naval power.

Sorry but Iran will try to invade Israel by ground when Russia steps in to help them.

I'm no arm chair general, I know what the bible says will happen and thats that. Syria and Lebanon will be wiped out completely by Israel. Russia, Turkey and Iran will be pummeled with nukes from Israel after they try and invade Israel. Israels missile defense systems will protect Israel all the while Israeli nukes pound their intended targets.

Russia will lose 2/3rds of its army, Iran and its allies will suffer tremendous damage. Obama does not allow the U.S. to publicly help Israel at all in this fight so he can come in and make peace between the waring parties.

Everyone will call him the prince of peace and he will proclaim himself Messiah, Then GOD melts his face at Megido.

The end.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Then the previews end , and the movie starts.

You have a nice imagination.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

After you have reached the 20% mark of nuclear enrichment it is not real hard and long to get to the 80% to 90%.However it still would take time to learn how to launch it and make a nuclear bomb out of it.This scenario is down right scary and I think anyone can see this esculating into all out war.

It is expensive to enrich to even 20%. Do you really think it's going to be easier to enrich to 80%? And war will only come if someone does something stupid. Iran is not going to bomb anyone to bring about WWIII. They aren't crazy. They just want a chip to keep Isreal and the U.S. out. As I do actually believe in universal rights, I believe Iran does in fact have the right to nuclear weapons. Other countries (including the U.S.) have them and believe they have a right to said weapons for their own defense. Why not Iran then?

I say leave them alone. If they attack us then by all means strike back.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by antonia]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
Is it me or is this similar to "Count down to looking glass" not the exact but similar The strait of houmuz will be the choke point if it gets blocked then who knows were this will land the world.

video.google.com...#

The U.S. Navy and Air force will flatten anything near the coast of Iran if they think they are going to try that. We have planned 9 years for that very situation. Iran's whole navy and air force is piddly pooh compared to our Naval power.

Sorry but Iran will try to invade Israel by ground when Russia steps in to help them.

I'm no arm chair general, I know what the bible says will happen and thats that. Syria and Lebanon will be wiped out completely by Israel. Russia, Turkey and Iran will be pummeled with nukes from Israel after they try and invade Israel. Israels missile defense systems will protect Israel all the while Israeli nukes pound their intended targets.

Russia will lose 2/3rds of its army, Iran and its allies will suffer tremendous damage. Obama does not allow the U.S. to publicly help Israel at all in this fight so he can come in and make peace between the waring parties.

Everyone will call him the prince of peace and he will proclaim himself Messiah, Then GOD melts his face at Megido.

The end.

im gonna need to read the passages that state that...
not that i disbelieve you. cause iver head similar things

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

The United States has no business trying to take out anything that Iran may put up, whether nuclear power plants, or mosques. The USA is not the police power of the world. The United Nations has the right to impose its voice and will upon Iran. Use the United Nations to do the right thing, not a single nation, whether China, Russia, Japan, Germany, Brazil, or USA, or Cuba...Don't be so irrational!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
the egyptians and the jordanians are a bunch of sellouts that left the palestinians out to dry. they allow battleships and submarines to cross their borders but they don't let food and water cross to gaza. the palestinians don't need these treasonous backstabbing sellouts. the israeli, egyptians and jordanians are scared of a palestinian state because there will be alot of blood and scores to settle. not now but a 100 yrs from now.

All the old knives That have rusted in my back, I drive in yours.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Iran plans to use new centrifuge at nuclear plant. TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran plans to use a new generation of faster centrifuges to enrich uranium at a newly-revealed nuclear site, its atomic energy chief said in remarks published Tuesday.
(Thats Qom not Natanz).
www.reuters.com...

Iran Has Centrifuge Capacity for Nuclear Arms, Report Says. A week before Iran’s presidential election, atomic inspectors reported Friday that the country has sped up its production of nuclear fuel and increased its number of installed centrifuges to 7,200 — more than enough, weapon experts said, to make fuel for up to two nuclear weapons a year, if the country decided to use its facilities for that purpose.

www.nytimes.com...

If you let Iran strike Israel first with nuclear weapons, there will no or very limited capacity to strike back. A pre-emptive strike is best, targeted only at the enrichment facilites.

Your welcome.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by rhines]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join