It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Court: No, the Government May Not Prevent Further Discovery of the Takeover of AIG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well the Timmy "Turbotax" Geithner federal case has been given a new lease on life. Now being reported is that the judge in the case, Lawrence P. Zatkoff ,rejected the Treasury Deaprtment's and the Fed's efforts to dismiss the case and to delay any further discovery until Spring/Summer 2010. Apparently the judge also admonished the gov'ts lawyers in the courtroom for thier filings, after it came to light that the representative that the Federal Reserve and the Treasury made available for deposition admitted he had prepared for the deposition by looking into the media and related story's rather than the documents relevant to the case. The judge as well as plaintiff's counsel believe both agency's reps intentionally feigned ignorance and obsfuscated answers and information. This is starting to get good ladies and gents. It appears this judge isn't going to let too many of these shennanigans fly by the gov't. I will stay on top of this and report anything new as it develops.

Breaking news from article: The court just today granted plaintiff Murray’s motion for leave to amend the complaint to include yet additional TARP funds provided to AIG after the filing of the complaint. While the court did not allow the plaintiff to add AIG as a defendant as he had also requested, Murray’s attorneys tell us that they had accomplished enough discovery to know where to look for the skeletons in AIG’s closet in any event.

Breitbart article ( Big Government.com)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I want to keep track of the proceedings so I commented.

Hope you do not mind. S&F

join