It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a storm god

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Well, according to Jewish mythology, that is indeed the case. I really don't know what to make of it.

Here is a link that may help you some: Lilith

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
This thread is not news to secular and religious scholars. Secular scholars will tell you it took centuries for the ancient Jewish religion to evolve from pantheism to monotheism, and even when the Jewish religion became officially monotheist, there were still some polytheistic holdouts.

There is a difference between polytheism and pantheism. Polytheism is a belief in various different gods. Pantheism is a belief in an ultimate God but everything is its constituient parts. Pantheism is basically the belief that God is within all things.

The Jews were polytheistic. They had many gods.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU
Why would "GOD" deserve a name if 'it' was not "To Be" in the Creation
a Person, personally related with by the people?

Well, being a "person" and being human are not necessarily one and the same thing. The term "person" denotes individuality, an entity that self-exists.

The bible, if you so choose to reference it,makes it quite clear that God is a spirit. A spirit is an electromagnetic form, not a human being.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Erm - No God! All confusions solved. Hence why I and many people like me are quite happy, annoyed by Humans being selfish and ignorant obviously, but nevertheless happy within ourselves.........

Oh, and quite relaxed about death! It comes to us all, deal with it and make the most of your life now instead of worrying all the goddam time about the meaning of life!

Ok ok, I'm biting : life (in my opinion) is a natural order of the universe. We (all life - animals, plants, fungi etc) are part of an interconnected system that slows and reverses entropy. Whoa, i can hear the physicists getting ever so agitated there! But it DOES. Reversing entropy prolongs the life of the universe and hence ourselves. We are here to enjoy ourselves BUT NOT at the expense of others. We must live in harmony with all around us. So bankers should be shot! (kidding but you get my drift)

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The Amalekites were a giant race of giborim/rephaim/ nephalim and were a scorge to the earth and the offspring of the fallen sons of
God. David in his reign wiped out many a giant clan. So he wanted all of them dead so the dna couldnt carry on.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is also some debate about whether or not the god of Abraham, but moreso the god of Moses was a volcano god.

Moses worshiped volcanos by some reckonings.

But then again, by some reckonings, Akhenaten was Moses and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Why does this have to be a protracted thread?

What do you think Gods name was before humans existed, and there was no language of mankind?

You cant bound what is Holy to our boundaries, all names we give God are used in ways to make an image of what one feels God to be....such as El (most high), all the names have meaning for man, not for God, God transcends all things, even language.

To need God to have a name, shows attatchment of Earthly things. Its not bad, for we show our understandings of where we are with the name we except.

Hi LeoVirgo

I would go one further and say to need god, shows attachment of earthly things.

Any god is a figment of mans imagination.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Oh, and quite relaxed about death!

Well, there is no need to worry about death. It is nigh!! I look at it one of two ways.

1. Either I am right and there is life afterdeath and we just continue our journey.

2. I am wrong and death is the end. In that case, it doesn't matter because we won't even know that we existed at all.

Either way, death is not to be feared.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

What you fail to understand is that, Jesus sacrifice gave God considerable more latitude in dealing with humans, he could forgive them more easily for a variety of crimes against his moral code. Everything that was punishable by death was now forgivable. That is a huge change.
Jesus shed blood and sacrifice is not that well understood by many, even some Christians.

When Jesus was on the earth he forgave many sins, and is shown to be very kind and loving. But he did get angry on one occasion making a whip of ropes and overturning tables in the temple area. He was mad at the greedy commercial sellers.

Jesus will be leading the charge in front of the Angels when the time comes to get rid of the greedy commercial system of our day too. He didn't like it back in the first century, and he doesn't like it today.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

But then again, by some reckonings, Akhenaten was Moses and vice versa.

Akhenaten, one of many ancient Egyptian pharaohs, is perhaps best renowned for his loyalty to one deity at a time when the rest of the world, by and large, worshipped several gods. He is certainly the only one of the ancient Egyptian pharaohs to promote a monotheistic religion. This was not to occur again until the Roman Empire took control of Egypt and Christianity was instituted as the official religion.

Akhenaten was born to Amenhotep III and Queen Tiye. Akhenaten's wife is believed to have, at the very least, been a relative and most likely his half-sister, Nefertiti. It was a common, and expected, tradition among ancient Egyptian pharaohs, for the ruler to marry the eldest daughter of his father. Regardless of her relation to him, Nefertiti, is famous in her own right and famed for her beauty. While the pharaoh had other wives as well, depictions found inside temples indicate that Nefertiti was without a doubt his chief wife, at least for twelve or so years. Inscriptions state that he loved her very much, however after several years she seems to have disappeared and Akhenaten made another woman his chief wife. It is unknown whether this occurred because of the death of Nefertiti or because she somehow fell out of favor with the pharaoh.

Akhenaten

He may have been.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There is one most high GOD (capitialized out of respect, I think he's earned it and it's most deserved), Moses asked GOD who he was supposed to say sent hime to the people of Israael.

Exodus 3:13-14

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Mark 14:62 (King James Version)

62And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

SO, there is only ONE GOD, he didn't say We are.......he said he is the "I AM" ......and I will have to believe GOD, not the inquisitiveness of man trying to find unwriten answers in a book of questions not yet finished. I'll nevere get it. We already have all of the answers in the bible.....even down to the age old "unanswered"question of which came for the chicken or the egg......it was the chicken, why?
Well, on the fouth day of creation it says:

(Genesis 1:20)
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

So, I'm just saying, I don't get all of this "searching" for the answers about a god, or the god, or many gods, or god of this and that.......There is but one true GOD.......YHWH, and he is a very jealous GOD, and he does get a bit angry when he is not given credit for his creation and all therein............and rightly so. He is the GOD of love and the GOD of war and the GOD who soothes the tongue with sweetness and a GOD of wrath that can wretch the soul for days eternal. It's not a good idea to search for other replacements to a GOD that you can't deny by just looking around you. The unknown gods of the universe or of nature or of alternate "new age" religeons do not exist as per the entitlement of true godhood. They are demons set to separate you from your GOD. They are also "fallen angels" (Ephesians 6:12) -"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

and Nephillim. (Genesis 6:1-4)
-
"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."
....they were a great corruption to the seed and lineage of men of GOD. They corrupted the bloodline with the exception of NOAH's who's generations were unblemished and salvaged by GOD.
My point is, there is but ONE GOD...the MOST HIGH GOD YHWH and there ar no others. I don't profess to be a professor, but GOD was the one who inspired the Bible, not me. It's his words. Yes, I know of the Elohim from the Torah, and I know they are plural and I know the Jews are the chosen people of GOD, but it was because of a few men, Moses, Abraham, Jesus etc. that covered a blessing upon all Jews. God was and is incredibly upset with the Jews for major offenses with believing in other gods in opposition to their creator. So, yes, the Jews have a different view of who GOD is and they don't believe in Jesus, but make no mistake about it, the Bible is not just a story book...it's a historical record of accurate events with prophesies that are accurate as well and we can clearly see the rest of the prophesies coming to pass as we speak. There is one GOD and always has been.
The very next post we will see by the many appended names to GOD and one other notable figue who this "god of war" might truly be.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here are the many titles of GOD and Satan:
Names of Satan
The Bible calls Satan by many different names. Each name has a slightly different meaning. The many other names for Satan give a fuller picture of who Satan is and what he does. There are more names for Satan in the Bible than for anyone else except Jesus Christ.

Abaddon
Hebrew name for Satan meaning “Destruction”. “And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.” Revelation 9:11

Accuser
“Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, ‘Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.’” Revelation 12:10

Adversary
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

Angel of light
“And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.” 2 Corinthians 11:14

Angel of the bottomless pit
“And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.” Revelation 9:11

Anointed covering cherub
"You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones." Ezekiel 28:14

Antichrist
“And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” 1 John 4:3

Apollyon
Greek name for Satan meaning “Destroyer”. “And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.” Revelation 9:11

Beast
“9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, ‘If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.’” Revelation 14:9,10 Who is the beast?

Beelzebub
“Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, ‘This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.’” Matthew 12:24

Belial
“And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?” 2 Corinthians 6:15

Deceiver
“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Revelation 12:9

Devil
“He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” 1 John 3:8

Dragon
“So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Revelation 12:9

Enemy
“The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.” Matthew 13:39

Evil one
“I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.” John 17:15

Father of lies
“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.” John 8:44

God of this age
“Whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.” 2 Corinthians 4:4

King of Babylon
“That you will take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say: ‘How the oppressor has ceased, The golden city ceased!’” Isaiah 14:4

King of the bottomless pit
“And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name Apollyon.” Revelation 9:11

King of Tyre
"Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.”’” Ezekiel 28:12

Lawless one
“8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.” 2 Thessalonians 2:8-10

Leviathan
“In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong,
Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan that twisted serpent;
And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea.” Isaiah 27:1

Liar
“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.” John 8:44

Little horn
“ 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down.” Daniel 8:9-11

Lucifer
"12 How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
'I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.'” Isaiah 14:12-14

Man of sin
“3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3,4

Murderer
“44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.” John 8:44

Power of darkness
“13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:13, 14

Prince of the power of the air
“1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.” Ephesians 2:1,2

Roaring lion
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

Rulers of the darkness
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12

Ruler of demons
“But some of them said, ‘He casts out demons by Beelzebub, the ruler of the demons.’” Luke 11:15

Ruler of this world
“31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.” John 12:31,32

Satan
“And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.” Mark 1:13

Serpent of old

Son of perdition
“3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” 2 Thessalonians 2:3,4

Star
“Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.” Revelation 9:1

Tempter
“Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, ‘If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.’” Matthew 4:3

Thief
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10

Wicked one
“Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” Ephesians 6:16

This list of names for Satan has been taken from the New King James Version of the Bible.

There may be other names for Satan in the Bible. Please send me an email if you know of a name for Satan that I have missed.

Very soon Satan will leave the spirit world that he has lived in for thousands of years. He will become visible to us and will claim that he is God. The Bible calls him the beast.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
(credit to jesuswalk.com for most of this content, this was for info purposes only to make my point) Jesuswalk.com

Now, here are some aliases of GOD::

Most High God (�El �Elyon). We discuss �El, the generic term for God and �Elohim, the plural name used for the Israelite's God. In addition, we explore titles by which God's exalted nature is revealed: Most High God, Father of Glory, High and Lofty One, King of Glory, and My Glory. And we examine Abraham's encounter with Melchizedek in Genesis 14:17-24.
God of Might (�El Shaddai). We examine the names and metaphors of God that refer to his power and might, including military might as the LORD of Hosts/Armies (Yahweh Sabaoth). Also Mighty Warrior and the LORD our Banner (Yahweh nissi). Joshua 5:13-6:2
Yahweh, I AM, the Eternal God (�El �Olam). This is God's unique, self-revealed name, sometimes called Jehovah or the tetragrammaton YHWH. We also examine the eternal nature of God as the Ancient of Days, Alpha and Omega, First and the Last, Everlasting God, I AM, and the One Who Inhabits Eternity. Exodus 3:1-18.
God Our Creator. We examine God as our Creator, our Potter as we are clay in his hands, our Builder and Maker. Is 45:5-12 and Psalm 95:1-7.
The Holy and Righteous One. He is God of Holiness, Justice, and Righteousness. He is known as Holy, Jealous, Righteous One, the Judge of All the Earth, the Awe/Fear of Jacob. We'll also consider compound names: The LORD who Sanctifies You (Yahweh-M�Kaddesh) and the LORD our Righteousness (Yahweh-Tsidkenu). He is the Protector of widows and the fatherless The theme of God requiring ethical justice is strong in the Bible. Isaiah 6:1-8.
God Our Lord and King. Here we examine God in his role as absolute sovereign, or Lord and King. We'll consider such titles as King of Glory, God of gods, and Lord of lords. Psalm 24.
God our Fortress and Protector. A number of metaphors refer to God's protection for his people. He is our Shield, Fortress, Hiding Place, Keeper, Lifter of Our Head, Refuge, Rock, Shade, Shelter, and Stronghold. Psalm 91.
The Lord Our Provider and Shepherd, the God who leads us and supplies our needs. We explore the LORD who provides (Yahewh-jireh), the LORD Our Shepherd (Yahweh-rohi), the God Who Sees (�El-Roi), the LORD who provides (Yahewh-jireh), the LORD is our Healer (Yawheh-rapha), and and The LORD is Here (Yahweh-Shammah).. Psalm 23.
Abba, Father. Jesus especially revealed God as our Heavenly Father, building on an Old Testament theme. We also consider God in relationships with his people as Husband, God of Israel, and God of our Fathers.. . Exodus 34:5-7.
God Our Savior and Redeemer. We conclude with a strong theme of God who rescues his people from trouble -- Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, and Horn of Salvation. We'll also consider The LORD is Peace (Yahweh-Shalom, the name of Gideon's altar). Mark 10:35-45

NOW WHO IS THE god OF WAR?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Well, that's the traditional view.

Orthodoxy has a conundrum, a very severe one. It cannot even account for the mysterious verses in the bible without reverting back to the same old "cut and paste" answers that have always been given. Time is elapsing for those who continue to think along those lines.

I am amazed that no one has tackled the fact that Christ told the Jews that "Your father is the devil." Who did the Jews worship during the time of Christ? The OT god!! Yet, I watch people try to completely circumvent this.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Do you have any sources to back up the claim that ancient Jews were polytheistic? I am not totally questioning you.. Just really curious as to why you are convinced of that.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Source

Source

I don't think that there is anything conclusive, but it is something that scholars debate.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I just don't buy those explanations... Just because the OT says "We" and "Us" isn't evidence of anything. Like I said before, its written the exact same way in the Quran where it is specified that God has no partner, no family, no equal... And the languages are closely related. So that's not evidence to me.

And that paper takes this out of context

Thus shall ye say unto them, the gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

It's basically making fun of polytheists, because their idea isn't logical. Its basically saying "Tell all those who believe in gods who DIDN'T create heaven and earth, that their gods will die because they don't have absolute power". It's not confirming that their are in fact other gods.

Also Psalm 136 was taken out of context. Where it says

Psalms 136:1 O give thanks unto the God of the gods: for his mercy endureth forever.

First, its not even verse 1 that says that.. its verse 2.. But look at it in context.

Praise the LORD, who is so good; God's love endures forever;
Praise the God of gods; God's love endures forever;
Praise the Lord of lords; God's love endures forever;
Who alone has done great wonders, God's love endures forever;
Who skillfully made the heavens, God's love endures forever;

Then as you read the rest of the Psalm you will see that God is the only one that has any power... No other god beside him.

In context the psalm is just saying "even if there were other gods, God would still be their controller".

Not to mention that the Psalms were written as songs... thats why its not fully explained. It was meant to be lyrical.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by Phenomium

Well, that's the traditional view.

Orthodoxy has a conundrum, a very severe one. It cannot even account for the mysterious verses in the bible without reverting back to the same old "cut and paste" answers that have always been given. Time is elapsing for those who continue to think along those lines.

I am amazed that no one has tackled the fact that Christ told the Jews that "Your father is the devil." Who did the Jews worship during the time of Christ? The OT god!! Yet, I watch people try to completely circumvent this.

Fair enough, but the only reason why it's so convienient to "cut and paste" is not for the convienience of it,......it's because it is already written. The word of God doesn't change so whether you cut and paste or just re-write it, it will always be the same. God has made no mystery about his word and the eternal existentialism of it was and is and always will be. It's not just some orthodox religeon that keeps haunting us. It is GOD's word and is unchangeable thus always with us. It's the incessant need for new gods that leave the world unfulfilled. Whether is be a new "flavor of the month" religeon or a "new concept" religeon or an old dastardly religeon such as satanism that puts a mask of benevolence on, to seduce children into covens and using Hollywood titles such as Harry potter and Twighlight to feign innocence and to secure the transfer of souls. It's God's "tried and true" word that always stands strong while many are still seaching for the answers that have always been here. Serving GOD doesn't compare to the fun of Hollywood (probably why it was created in the first place) and this is how easy it is for the devil to rope children in and brainwash them.....but they grow up eventually and the long term damage is sometimes irreverseable. Back to the point. How do we know GOD's word is unchanging?
Malachi 3:6- 6 “For 1I, the Lord, ado not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, 2are not consumed.
Psalms 119:89- God's word is settled in heaven; it will not change.
Ecclesiasties 3:14-Whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to or taken from whatever God does (cf. Deut. 4:2; Rev. 22:18-19).
Hebrew 6:17-God's counsel is immutable
James 1:17-There is no variation or shadow of turning with God. There is absolutely no change with God.

So, you can see what I just copied and pasted ....it's already there. As for the Jews being called the children of the devil, it was because of the evils they did in GOD's name all while benefitting from it on a wordly, greedy level. It was an admonishment from GOD (in the flesh) to open their eyes and turn back to the GOD who has always been there. The devil has a tendency to give one what they want (temporary) as long as they worship him but the price is high not only for you and I (whomever satisfies their lust for worldly desires) but it is high for GOD as well. The devil cares not about humans or what they want, it is irrelevant to him, but as long as he infects the soul of those who worship him and "takes a soul down with him" he knows that this is the most punishment that he can bestow upon GOD. As a christian, I will say (emphatically) that the Jews are indeed Gods' chosen people, but they are so because of the ones I mentioned earlier. Moses, Jacob, Joseph, Jesus etc. and I am honored to sit in second chair to Jews if that is Gods' will.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"G"Day Wise Ones,

I can't belive some of the bunk that people belive to be the truth, I know that people have the right to their own belive's, but ignorance is flowing thru this one.

Ok. this is for the non brain washed people that want to do study the real truth about who the real Yahweh the storm god is, and not the drivle that people have raved on about in here.

All you wise ones that are so close to their goal to the truth need to do is, go right back too the first people that wrote the bible storys, before the Hebrew's then the Greeks and Roman's started to misstranslate the story's.

The first humans to wright earth's history before all other human's were the Sumerian's!!!!!

The Sumerian people were the first human's to scribe the Genisis story's, this is a fact!!!!!

The Sumerian's called the Hebrew god Yahweh, Enlil.

Enlil is your christain god of wrath, he was not the god of life,
Enki was the god that created the "Ataba", Ataba and Eva, (Adam & Eve) from a human Ova.

The god that the Christains worship today Yahweh, the storm god, the god of wrath, the god that wanted to wipe out the human race with a flood to stop us from breeding, is not the good god.

The Sumerian's called Enki, Enki the wise, Enki the good, Enki the lord god.
Yes, Enki was the one that told one human behind Enlil's back before the flood to build a submursable boat (Ark). This was to ensure his bloodline would survive.

If you are truley looking for the truth, and wan't to brake free of the christain dogma, there is so much to look up and study.

Try looking on line or in ATS for the Sumerian god's the AUNNAKI, ENlil, Enki, the grand assembley of the Annunaki.

Read, Study and make up your own mind about who the true god realy is.

Blessed Be & Good hunting:
Kernoonos.......

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Kernoonos]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Hello lifecitizen,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...but I have experienced too many strange things that arent of this world to consider such is only a part of human imagination.

As far as an Earthly attatchment, I disagree there also. Earthly attachments are things not of spirit, things like food, other people, sex, drugs, books, movies, ect....these things can create attributes that dont belong to the spirit, like jealousy, pride, greed, lust, hate, anger, ect....

What is of spirit and what is of Earth are two different things. But your welcome to continue in your line of thinking

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join