It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a storm god

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The first five books called Pentateuch have a seeming triple authorship called YeHWist ELaHist and KoHeNist (priestly) but these are a hypothesis of Hermeneutic exegesis and not absolute, rather it is apparent that it came from the lack of defined terms (much as you did in the OP) which we now have and which clear up these complications.

The written Bible begins with Moses' writing in 1440 BCE, but is a narration by the LORD-GOD dictated to him, of a full history going back to the first man (chosen). There are a couple older compositions extant (namely Job and Enoch), but the story given Moses is the progressive revealing of the same '0nly' GOD (rather a Unity).

He says He was known before to the fathers as EL ShaDaI but not by His name.

EL is the word 'to/toward' as inevitable/inavertable hence "GOD" and 'mighty' but rather is simply 'meant to be/intended'. It's early ligature phase Archaic Hebrew glyph is found on 6 continents!

ShaDaI is the next oldest inscribed symbol for "GOD" found on tortoise shells in the early oracle-bone script of ancient China and pecked and scratched in rocks of the Indus valley. It is a name proper (boxed) 'SheNG Ti' being a Mountaintop Altar with Wood bound burning Incense Smoke to Heaven, and means "Heavenly Enthroned".

EL ALYoN (Over-Upon as 'Highest') is the common way of saying that in the 'Aramaean pass' and 'fertile crescent' of the Canaanites. That Hebrews (of which Abraham was the father) were certainly always Monotheistic is evident with the greatest/ultimate 'God of gods' AMuN ('continuance' as "we'll see with time...") in Egypt with the presence of Hebrews.

With Moses at the 'burning bush' a first person declaration ('E-HaYaH 'I-Exist') occurs which seems to become the covenant name... when the 'would be Israel' assemblage of descendants of Abraham by line of Isaac and Jacob come out and there is a personal name given in the third person (Ye-HaUaH 'He Becoming/proving To Be').

The Bedouin I was living with while plying the ancient trade routes and documenting the inscriptions once told me that the Ye'aH was the intoned vowel sound aspirations in a descending (Do-Re-Mi) scale or arpeggio:
iy eh uw oh uh ah ghaA
being the planets (like our weekdays)
wandering among the AlphaBeticals being consonantal.

Throughout the Dead Sea rift from the Hijaz and Negev and extending through to southern Egypt and the Sinai, are glyphed inscriptions from the Archaic and Proto phases of Hebrew writing, the earliest Hebrew ligatures have icons for Ye'aH as a Man being raised up by EL to flying above (and being crowned)! This may be the name (also YeHUaH) called upon from the time of Enos(h) father of Canaan (Ge.4:26).

The entire covenant hinges on "The Day" (an appointed time) and "where He would choose to establish His name there" (as a specific place), the day is the 7th day Sabbath and the place is Jerusalem where Himself staked the name at the location where Isaac was offered and a Ram provided.

YeShUaA Ha'NeTzaRI U'MeLeCh Ha'YeHUDIM

[edit on 2010/2/7 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Its hard to connect to spiritual things, when it is earthly things you seek.

That's very true. However, the only danger in that is that it leads to either/or thinking. You see, for most of my life, I have thought you could not live life on earth and be spiritual. You either had to live a spiritual life, with your head in the clouds all of the time,or you had to live with "your feet on the ground." It led to some problems in my life.

I am just now beginning to learn that you can intermingle the two.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

By image I am assuming you meant characteristics of God, because graven images were a Christian creation, and go directly against Jewish teachings.

However, I think God disowned them because they DID know better. Instead of embracing the teachings given to them, they decided to abbrogate it and strayed from the true teachings, and even invented new books. They figured that their way was better.

Why would God love those who decided to stray from his path? Why would he encourage wrong behavior? Here's an analogy. If your kid growns up and turns out to be a drug addict and steals from you every day, what do you do? Keep forgiving him, and let him steal from you again? Or do you eventually disown him, just because you don't want to be an enabler?

[edit on 7-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I believe both can be balanced, but when doing things of Earth, we should be in the mind set of what choices benefit others, and what choices do we make that benefit the self. We must love the self, we must take care of the self, the self does have needs....but we carry a nature within us when experienceing the nature of God, we tap into a more Universal way of living, then a way of living for just the self.

Sometimes we must live for things of Earth, but in our heart, God knows, if we are trying to live for the will of God while on Earth.

I think its important to be aware of what life we are living for the most, is the life of Earth or the life of spirit. In our heart, what life do we long for. In our heart, what hope do we hold for the world. In our heart, what do we want to see humans achieve as a whole unit.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by LeoVirgo

By image I am assuming you meant characteristics of God, because graven images were a Christian creation, and go directly against Jewish teachings.

However, I think God disowned them because they DID know better. Instead of embracing the teachings given to them, they decided to abbrogate it and strayed from the true teachings, and even invented new books. They figured that their way was better.

Why would God love those who decided to stray from his path? Why would he encourage wrong behavior? Here's an analogy. If your kid grows up and turns out to be a drug addict and steals from you every day, what do you do? Keep forgiving him, and let him steal from you again? Or do you eventually disown him, just because you don't want to be an enabler?

Yes, by image I mean characteristics.

They did not stray from Gods path, for they never knew Gods path. If they weren't seeking spiritual things, then the wisdom's were not of Gods nature.

And no, parents dont disown children, they foster hope and wait for the day that their child will see their shortcomings.

God above all of us, understand the many lessons we must learn and most of those lessons must be learned the hard way.

God doesnt give us the answers, they must be sought, understanding must be experienced. It is the purpose of this life.

The path that is not is just as beneficial to us as the path that is. You cant find one without knowing the other. If you have nothing to compare, then you have nothing to discern.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Well, if you want to argue about what the name of the Ultimate God is, that's a whole other issue. My point is rather simple, really. When you read the Old Testament, it becomes quite apparent that this Yahweh, storm god, being is pretty brutal.

Now, from my personal experiences with God, there is not a connection there at all. Let's be for real here. Everyone frowns upon polytheism, right? Ok.

Elohim is the Hebrew plural word meaning "goddesses and gods," but each time it appears in the Bible it is translated as "God." In the original manuscripts of the book of Genesis, Yahweh was one of the elohim
Elohim

Now don't misunderstand. I don't believe there ever really was a such of thing as polytheism. It is only through our own ignorance that we don't understand that the "gods and goddesses" were manifestations of a singular Godhead.

If you're going to say that Yahweh, as warlike as he was, is the same god as the GOD that Jesus spoke of, then you're going to have to show me how. I don't mean quote me verses where Jesus said: "I haven't come to destroy the law but fulfill it," either.
Don't quote verses from the OT that supposedly predicts the birth of Christ. That doesn't prove anything. Malevolent forces were just as aware of this as benevolent ones were.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"The Creator of All" does not intervene in any aspect of the human experience. 5th plane entities do.

And there is nothing "The Creator" would want humanity as a whole to accomplish on this physical plane. It´s more or less a bootcamp for souls to learn, experience, and clear karma off the soul energies to prepare for ascension.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Seattle, I think you are encountering a problem that many do today. You are trying to anthropomorphize God. You can't do that. God is nothing like a human. He is not human. He is a spirit.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I think this is what you were hinting at by saying Elohim was plural... but just to make it clear in Semitic langauges, "im" on the end of the word is also used as a form of respect. You add "im" onto anything and it is singular, but still a form of respect.

Just like the queen of England might refer to herself as "we", although I think that is a little pretentious LOL.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There must be some error in communication if you think I believe that God is in any way human, or could even be envisioned by humans. That is entirely a Christian concept..

I think God even surpasses spirit and is simply undefinable. As humans we only understand 3 dimensions, electromagnetic forces and gravity. We don't even fully understand those.

I would in no way limit or try to think I know what God truly is, other than the Creator.

That would be the definition of "graven images" and idolatry.. The major tenant of Islam is that we could never even comprehend what God is, nor should we attempt to. He simply IS.

But on the other hand, he has some attributes that can be defined in human terms: Omniscient, Omnipotent, MOST Gracious, MOST Merciful, Patient, the Redeemer, the Judger, the Eternal, the Lord and Master of the universe (and others). These are attributes that only belong to him

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well, some Christians are trinitarian. They believe in the Father,Son and the Holy Ghost. The bible even speaks of God having seven spirits.

Revelation 4:5 "And from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God."

Seven Spirits

This imples to me there are AT LEAST seven aspects to God. These ASPECTS would have been viewed as being individual deities to the ancient mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Names for God are given by people - and are therefore suspect because people are liars.

All I know is that Jesus means gentleness, loving and nurturing.

About God - I am not sure.

But if we all followed what Jesus taught we would have no more wars and no more suffering.

That is why Jesus will arrive, and He will be sad, not angry, because anger is unknown to Him, except when He got really pissed off at the usurers.

He will be sad, because the world has not followed Him. On second thoughts, I think He will be totally pissed off.

He will say "I told you to love each other, yet there are wars - and I told you not to be a usurer, yet there are banks - that is IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU!"

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I made that assumption because you said that God would give up on a person or group of people just like a parent would. I don't know that I agree with that. You see, God sees the full picture of a situation. We don't. I don't believe God ever turns his/its back on anyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

That's actually a pretty good post.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I've appreciated the times we've had to confront the issues unto the matter being established, thank you for your honesty!

YeHUaH is not a 'storm god' (that is more like EL) but a 'person' that everyone in arriving to agreement (covenant) could relate to. It is the "Jesus is Lord" you cannot speak but by the aSpirations which makes YeSHUaA so important.

Remember when He said "Before Abraham was I"? Or when he said "then the finger of GOD is among you"! The same one who stood upon the Mtn with Moses to make the established 'Standard of the Judgement', was Him who came into His own creation as the creatures and gave He the life that we would be hereafter raised to the same Source ('EB) "Father" and be likewise Sons (BiN 'successor/inheritor') with "the firstborn of many brethren",
He gave His planet and His life in it for all whosoever are willing to come to stand on the Not do's table and thus be entrusted with empowerment of the sheer force of will to exert reality, it's really a beautiful story of how life's seed on Earth shall grow to be the full recreated creation with the creatures of the creator proving to be the God of GOD!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Thanks for that.

But if we have totally pissed Jesus off...

Look out for the big man!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

However, a Jew will vehemently deny that God has anything to do with the trinity, let alone 7 aspects of God.

The plural form of God in the Torah has nothing to do with the trinity or anything else, it's simply the form of respect.

Let me give you an example in the sister language of Hebrew, Arabic. The languages are almost identical when spoken. Like I previously stated, the whole overriding theme of the Quran is the "Tawheed" which means ONE-NESS of God. God is ONE, with no Son, no family, not partner, no equal, no "parts" of God, nothing. He just simply IS. Yet, in the Quran, God is repeatedly referred to as "We". Literally thousands of times. It just means respect.

But this is also used normal language, to give respect. Like Muhammad is refered to as MuhammadIM, to give respect.

But lets look back at the Jewish name for God: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM

Ya means O: as in.. "O, my son"

IM is simply the plural of respect.

HUWA ELOH simply means "HE IS GOD", when you get it to its simplest form.

It is the same God as in Arabic.. Huwal lah hu .. and means the exact same thing.

It's interesting though that you brought up the 7 aspects of God... Because in the Quran it states that there are 7 layers of heaven.. Maybe that means 7 dimensions, which are all a part of God.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Well, thank you for your compliment and reasonableness.

Yes, I remember him saying that. However, Job was asked a question:

Job 38:1Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2“Who is this that darkens my counsel

with words without knowledge?

3Brace yourself like a man;

I will question you,

and you shall answer me.

4“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?

Tell me, if you understand.

5Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6On what were its footings set,

or who laid its cornerstone—

7while the morning stars sang together

and all the angelsa shouted for joy?
Job 38

This implies to me that we all pre-existed.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
It's interesting though that you brought up the 7 aspects of God... Because in the Quran it states that there are 7 layers of heaven.. Maybe that means 7 dimensions, which are all a part of God.

Lol....BINGO!!!!
Man, I hate going to bed, but it's getting to be that time.Some of you are bringing up some great things. This is like a thread with topics within a topic. Awesome!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join