It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a storm god

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
To take it a step farther...people take the book of life to be a literal book.

Well, to my understanding, it's not an actual book. It's the akashic field or record. Everything we do, say or think leaves an imprint. As Jesus himself said, "Truly I say unto you, my words shall live forever." I think he meant that literally.

For those who have never heardof the akashic record or field, here is an explanation:

A theosophical term referring to an universal filing system which records every occurring thought, word, and action. The records are impressed on a subtle substance called akasha (or Soniferous Ether). In Hindu mysticism this akasha is thought to be the primary principle of nature from which the other four natural principles, fire, air, earth, and water, are created. These five principles also represent the five senses of the human being.

Some indicate the akashic records are similar to a Cosmic or collective consciousness. The records have been referred to by different names including the Cosmic Mind, the Universal Mind, the collective unconscious, or the collective subconscious. Others think the akashic records make clairvoyance and psychic perception possible.

It is believed by some that the events recorded upon that akasha can be ascertained or read in certain states of consciousness. Such states of consciousness can be induced by certain stages of sleep, weakness, illness, drugs, and meditation so not only mystics but ordinary people can and do perceive the akashic records. Some mystics claim to be able to reanimate their contents like they were turning on a celestial television set. Yogis also believe that these records can be perceived in certain psychic states.

Book of life

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Hashem, G-d, could be argued to be many things. A storm god is a new one to me and I don't see the support for it.

Some scholars have called G-d a Volcano god, others say he was the same as Yam, the Canaanite god of the sea. Others say he was El, king of the Canaanite pantheon known as the Elohim.

The Jews or more accurately Israel was not polytheistic as a whole. Some parts of society flirted with it. This would be like me saying all Italians are monotheist. Which we know is nonsense. Some are and some are not.

His appearance on Sinai could be argued to be volcanic in nature. I have heard numerous scholars speak on that. G-d has a special association with Fire and Darkness. Thats not typical of any storm god.

The G-d of Abraham is a complex deity, not easily categorized. Some of the ancient Greeks and Romans thought he was Chronus or Saturn. The Gnostics thought he was an evil demiurge.

The truth is that the G-d of Abraham doesn't fit into any neat little box.
He is who He is.

I know some people have issues with death and suffering, but they are a part of finite reality. The Gnostics used that to label G-d or any creator as evil. Plato and Platonism told the Gnostics they were full of nonsense. Plato had this concept, a realm of archetypes and ideas. That place was ultimate reality. The death and suffering in this world are finite shadows. In other words it is illusion.

In the ultimate scheme of things, this finite shadow and all of its carnage and violence are illusion. All of the wars and slaughter are in the long run infintesimal.

What you are doing is no different than the Gnostics, ascribing importance to the finite shadows of illusion we call our reality. Like the Gnostics, so much importance has been given to it, that its become blinding.

This blindness prevents people from seeing beyond the threshold of the flesh.

Love, compassion, and forgiveness these are transcendent of this finite reality. When one is able to finally open their eyes to the truth, they understand all the pain and suffering of this world are ultimately nothing.

All that truly matters is that which transcends our existence.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
What you are doing is no different than the Gnostics, ascribing importance to the finite shadows of illusion we call our reality.

Well, I certainly identify with the Gnostics. I suppose until some questions are adequately answered, I always will.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
What you are doing is no different than the Gnostics, ascribing importance to the finite shadows of illusion we call our reality.

Well, I certainly identify with the Gnostics. I suppose until some questions are adequately answered, I always will.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

What kind of questions if I may ask?

I may not have all the answers, but I think people can have a meaningful dialogue.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ask the definition of terms, that's all that ever was the problem
-not the reality but the perception of it,
there was only realization of "Truth" lacking all along!

It remains all that was written (in overabundance to redundancy) and all their evidence
we just failed to wrap our heads around it right!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Well, that in and of itself is the problem with organized religion, particularly the Abrahamic ones. People go to church and listen to some pastor, priest, rabbi or cleric for their answers. They take what these people say at face value.

Without self research, there is no finding the truth. Yet, for centuries, people have went to supposed "ordained" people for the "truth." Yeah, the truth is out there, sometimes literally,
but without searching for oneself, it escapes one's grasp.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Most Christians are not even aware that Jews were polytheistic. They act as though there was only one recognized God in Judaism. Thisis far from the truth.

Can you provide some sources for this please?

When God revealed himself as a burning bush to Moses, I dont think he was saying look at me Mosha, this is my true form, I am the God of Burning Plant material. And then later when Mosha and the jews followed the cloud through the desert another God showed up and was like 'Hi Mosha, I am the God of Clouds, now you will follow me and I will lead you to safety'

God can take any form probably. He/she can be bird on a tree branch, its all how he wants to reveal himself to you. This does not mean he is more then 1 being.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasno

God can take any form probably. He/she can be bird on a tree branch, its all how he wants to reveal himself to you. This does not mean he is more then 1 being.

Well, this is the understanding that ancients have that we don't. There really never was polytheism, I guess..... Only to our mindset were religions polytheistic. Even the so-called polytheistic religions said that there was one ultimate God. Now, they may have had a different name for God, but that was the case nonetheless.

All the other supposed gods,goddesses, were just attributes of that singular God. Howeer, we, through our ignorance, view them as being polytheistic.

In regards to the Jews,

According to the Hebrew Bible, the golden calf (עֵגֶּל הַזָהָב ‘ēggel hazâhâḇ) was an idol (a cult image) made by Aaron to satisfy the Israelites during Moses' absence, when he went up to Mount Sinai. The Quran[1] identifies the maker as Samiri.

"Polytheistic"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
That's interesting. I didn't know that Yahweh was originally just a storm God. Any info on the other Gods of the Jewish pantheon that got rejected should be pm'd to me here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yahweh is the evil god who wants to keep humanity bound in mental and spiritual slavery. He was first worshiped as Enlil by a segment of the Sumerian population. His archnemesis, Enki (aka Satan), is the god of this world, and is concerned about the liberation of humans, and helping us achive divinity. Judaism and Christianity, therefore, worship a slave-driver.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by satanictemple

I too feel the same way,the more research i do the more it makes sence.I tried talking to others about this with no luck all one sided and blind to any other way but there own.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by teraform

I too feel the same way,the more research i do the more it makes sence.I tried talking to others about this with no luck all one sided and blind to any other way but there own.

Yes, Yahweh and his cronies have blinded the majority of humankind, though I believe a Satanic shift in consciousness is occurring.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

But Jesus I dont believe was meant to be tied to Yahweh. Jesus had a different nature then Yahweh.

I just noticed you called Jesus a liar in another thread and being the same as Yahweh...I asked you to elaborate on that in the other thread. Could you add some thoughts on how you see Jesus having the same nature as Yahweh?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Where there is life...God is there. Not ever is God ONLY a bird...or in the form of a human ect...but God is always within them...for life can not be without the Spirit of life. So its not so much as God 'choosing' to be here or there...but always everywhere.

Ooops...let me clear up...I was responding to Jasno...and I hit reply on the response post that you gave, SpeakerofTruth. I was trying to get Jasno to see...God is always here, within all life that exists.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jasno

If you study the history of man, from the time of the Canaanites....and study there path to many lands...you can see how their belief of Yahweh evolved from many former beliefs of different Gods with different natures.

Before Yahweh comes into the picture, there were many different names and ideas and images of 'god'.

I think it all shows how man was trying to understand things of Spirit...and that their beliefs did evolve over a long period of time.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I agree Speaker...if you just accept a belief...how can you have understanding of it for its spiritual wisdom's.

Just accepting limits a true seeker.

I dont think God expected us to ever through out our own reasoning...and the Bible encourages people to do this.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Certainly. Jesus'God was a God of the universe. It was more of a pantheistic God than an individual deity separated from its creation.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by satanictemple

Yahweh is the evil god who wants to keep humanity bound in mental and spiritual slavery.

That was the view of the Gnostics, yes. However, they weren't, despite the proaganda spread by the "church" and inquisitors, Satanists.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by satanictemple

Judaism and Christianity, therefore, worship a slave-driver.

You are missing the biggest player in this. Islam.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join