It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Ouija Board Targeting Young Girls Riles Critics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

Referencing Penn&Teller.
Their show is aptly named.....Cause they are full of #!!! They have an agenda and it's not a good one.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have no problem with this and would like to read parents complaints, if any, when they have them. They also should warn on the box: "Some spiritual assembly required before playing"...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
From my experience with the paranormal, and reading around.. and, again more experience, I know that Ouija Boards are rarely a good idea. Only the "experienced" or more mature of people, should be handling such a thing.

The fact is, even if you don't believe it's possible, is the risk really worth it?? For example, if your friend said, "you know what? I bet that if you jumped off that 40ft cliff into the sea, that you'll break your legs," and you said "Nah, I'll be fine, watch me jump, somersault and land perfectly into the water,"... is it really worth it??

Dramatic, and drastic, I know all too well. But, that to me seems like the risk involved, it's just ridiculous. You're risking your soul, your sanity, and your general well-being for a stupid game to impress your friends, or worse yet, to prove something to yourself that you can prove in so many other, much safer ways. Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I can't believe there isn't even ONE skeptic so far on this thread.

It's a pink piece of cardboard with lettering and numbers printed on it.

You would think they were selling human sacrifice kits by the way some of you speak about it.

I used a Ouija board a bunch of times as a kid and not one time did I contact spirits. You guys are waaay too gullible and paranoid.

I'm sorry but I expected someone to be rational on here and apparently my expectations were a little too high.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyPete
I can't believe there isn't even ONE skeptic so far on this thread.

It's a pink piece of cardboard with lettering and numbers printed on it.

You would think they were selling human sacrifice kits by the way some of you speak about it.

I used a Ouija board a bunch of times as a kid and not one time did I contact spirits. You guys are waaay too gullible and paranoid.

I'm sorry but I expected someone to be rational on here and apparently my expectations were a little too high.

this and i haveint even used one lol.. just seems like fake bs to me.. in fact im going to buy one online and try it out then come back to this thread just to # on you guys lol

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I can definately see what you mean Chaos, but I have to wonder, how can someone be so sure they are speaking with a "spirit" and not a "demon". If spirits and/or demons are looking for a way out of the other side (for lack of a better term) there's no telling what answers they might give on a board just to be freed, and never a guarantee you're speaking with someone who used to be human. These boards don't come with a set of instructions on how to ID a ghost nor do they tell you how to put back something that you've managed to let out. It's a shame that kids these days have to have a horrible experience with something to learn they should've left it alone to begin with.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Lol. The only thing on earth more prone to hysteria than a young teenage girl is a room full of young teenage girls. Anyone taken kids to a pop concert? Take earplugs!

So this pink piece of cardboard is a hotline to the world of demons and spirits? Ridiculous.

"There's a spiritual reality to it and Hasbro is treating it as if it's just a game," said Stephen Phelan, communications director for Human Life International, which bills itself as the largest international pro-life organization and missionary worldwide. "It's not Monopoly. It really is a dangerous spiritual game and for [Hasbro] to treat it as just another game is quite dishonest." Phelan, who has never played the game, said the Bible explicitly states "not to mess with spirits" and that using a Ouija board will leave a person's soul vulnerable to attack. "All Christians should know, well everyone should, that it's opening up a person to attack, spiritually," he said. "Christians shouldn't use it."
From article

I'd sooner ban this medieval schmuck. A Christian Pro-lifer trying to encourage ignorance and fear? Wow. Quoting anything that suits him in the Bible and using 'dishonesty?!' Nothing new there then.

If girls want to have fun and scream a little at sleepovers...let them. It's harmless and none of his god-damn business. What they later want to do with their bodies is also none of his god-damn business....

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There's no problem with Ouija boards. They either don't work or they don't work for me. Or maybe it's the fact that the last time I tried I was in a group of drunk people. I don't know. If a Ouija board really is a gateway to some demonic plane, hey at least it'll be cute while summoning horrific abominations.

[edit on 1027 by Echo3Foxtrot]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Apparently quite a few people missed this part of the OP -

sold by Hasbro since 1967

Hmmmm I wonder who has been buying all those brown ones? I know where mine is. So they have been selling it for 50 years. What is taking the demons so long to take over?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think that it isn't a matter of demons coming to take over, but there some people who have been deeply affected by their experiences with a Oujia board.

I don't think you can fully discount the merit or risks associated with this kind of spiritual tapping just because it is often performed at slumber parties by groups of giggling teenage girls. (Though, I perfer to picture college sorrority girls doing it instead... giggity).

These "toys" can lead to unexpected results.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
I think that it isn't a matter of demons coming to take over, but there some people who have been deeply affected by their experiences with a Oujia board.

You can say the same about "Catcher in the Rye" can't you? We cannot go around stapling rubber bumpers to every corner because someone might have an 'experience.'

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I never have had a negative experience with one, not saying it hasn't happened to someone ese, but I've never had a problem. Is this really any different from Harry Potter, or any of the metaphysical books aimed at the youth now days. It seems to me that expecting someone to blindly follow anothers dogma without experiencing other forms of life paths in the end could be more damaging.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
reply to post by GreenBicMan

It happened. My friend did move out of the house later. This happened when I was a teen. I had experiences for years afterwards of seeing shadows and having just really bad feelings that would really scare me.

I do not allow my children to play with the occult. I know that there are things out there that you do not mess with.

I find the idea of marketing an occult item to young girls to be very offensive. When you are young, things like that can be very intriging and you just don't realize that there are consequences.

If the bible can be marketed, occult objects can be marketed.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Even as a wiccan I would never let my daughter play with this let alone a pink one. There are things in this world u do not mess with and spirits are one of them. What were they thinking doing something like that makes u wonder about these toy makers today. Kids today don't need to be doing these things they are to young to understand that the oiji board is not a toy.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It might be different if you knew what you were possibly opening the door to...

The problem is, the oujia board seems to be a random wide-opened door!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i never tired one but i want to and alone cause i cant trust people not even my family with something like that i would think they messing with me and i would accept any thing that happens to me for the sake of curiosity

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenchan`
i never tired one but i want to and alone cause i cant trust people not even my family with something like that i would think they messing with me and i would accept any thing that happens to me for the sake of curiosity

Well, you can always get a pink one from toys r us.

What better way to contact the spirit world while expressing your feminine side?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

A board with letters on it, how is that any more dangerous than having a keyboard? In fact could I use my keyboard as a Quija board if I count the left shift as yes and the right shift as no

Honestly think about it, why would a spirit need a board with letters on it to communicate? What secrets of the alphabet does Hasbro have that makes their boards so dangerous? If a kid wants to make a Quija board its not that hard, write down the letters on a piece of paper, print one out from the internet for corn sake.

I just don't get it... and the thing is I've had paranormal experiences, I believe in the paranormal to some extent but I cannot, for the life of me, see a logical reason for a board with a few characters on it to be scary. Here's the kicker, usually in order for anything "spooky" to happen one or more person have to be touching the pointer, this means the human variable is present and this means anything that happens cannot be definitively called Paranormal.

So I don't see anything wrong with a pink Quija board targeted at girls, no more than I see a problem with Magic the Gathering cards, pentagram medallions or Dungeons and Dragons or the keyboard I'm typing on right now...

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe it isn't so much the board as it is the thing you are calling upon to work it.

Seems like some people who might have no idea of what they are getting themselves into could get sucked in really easily with one of these.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I duifuly apologie for the caps but this must be said :

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE OUIJA BOARD AS POSSIBLE AS IT IS NOT A TOY, I REPEAT, IT IS NOT A TOY BUT A PORTAL THAT TYPICALLY LEAVES ENOUGH OF A GAP FOR A DARK ENTITY TO RIDE IN ON AND CAUSE CHAOS TO EITHER THE FAMILY PLAYING WITH THE BOARD OR TO THE USERS PLAYING. IT IS NOT A TOY BUT A PORTAL. IT CAN BE WEAPONIZED TO TARGET PEOPLE HERE. AVOID IT LIKE THE BLACK PLAUGE.

This was originally designed to be a portal to The Other Side so that loved ones can contact those passed before them. Some moronic fool thought it would be a good idea to package it and sell it as a toy. A simple toy it is not. People have reported an multifold increases in supernatural/paranormal activity in their homes, premature births, premature deaths, mysterious visitors, unexpected and mysterious accidents and who could forget about paranormal hauntings after playing.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join