It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Whaling ship, Bob Barker, collide with Japanese fleet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
GP is dumb, they want people to eat more veggies, so what happens, the rain forest is being cut down so we can grow crops, so we dont kill animals how the heck does that figure out?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
GP is dumb, they want people to eat more veggies, so what happens, the rain forest is being cut down so we can grow crops, so we dont kill animals how the heck does that figure out?

Less crops are needed to feed just you opposed to you and the meat you eat. Your argument is weak.

Also, don't group the Sea Shepherds with Greenpeace, Paul Watson (founder of the Sea Shepherds) was kicked out of Greenpeace because he simply does NOT get it. Every time the Sea Shepherds do something like this (which is often) Greenpeace shakes its head. They are a minority of activists around the world who don't accomplish anything except making all activists look bad.

I support Greenpeace whole heartedly but if you check out the Sea Shepherd website they will say Paul Watson and Greenpeace "part ways", Paul Watson was "kicked out". Greenpeace may do crazy stuff, they would never do anything this stupid.

And when Greenpeace activists get arrested, they don't resist.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I tend to want to support Sea Shepard. Not often do you get people that believe so strongly in something that they will go to these extremes. I say bravo and more power to them. Where are those that oppose all such tyranny? Rape? Bigotry? Injustice? Aparthied? Organized Crime? Genocide? Corruption? Good job and more power to you. Keep up the good work.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by amazing]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Guess the price wasnt right.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think the captain is a nutjob.... apparently he was a founder of greenpeace and eventualy KICKED OUT.

he also got media attention for claiming that there have been attempts on his life.... once by poison, .... the other time he was supposedly "shot" while on the sea sheppard, .... I saw the footage, and I think he might have faked it.

These whalers don't know, or see themselves doing any wrong. their doing what their ancestors did, ... and they do so to support their family's. who wants to go to work to get harassed by some spoiled hippy's ???

they need to protest who is really responsible for whaling, ... the owners of the ships and fish stores. Or even try to get some anti whaling legislation passed, ..... not throw a little hissy fit against innocent workers on the open seas.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't care what anyone's opinion is here on the subject of Whaling.

Hunting whales in a whale sanctuary against international law should be enforced. Seems like the only ones enforcing it are these organizations.

This justifies their actions imo.

Don't whale where it is against international law...

Under these conditions, I wouldn't care if someone sunk the whaling vessel with a cruise missile let alone ramming it with another boat.

I won't hunt on a game preserve, and I certainly don't condone hunting whales on a liquid game preserve.. That by very definition is poaching.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

It is funny on the show that the Greenpeace vessels won't even talk to the Sea Shepards.

I would LOVE to see the Japanese fleet open fire on these morons!

Great ratings for the Animal Planet too!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ignorant me.

But apart from what I heard : whale oils are used for cosmetics and some people do eat their meat ;

Is there any other reason why whales are hunted ?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Funny. A thread about anti-whaling, yet we've got people quick to jump on the idea of harming human-beings...
Civilization has much growing up to do, it seems. How can we preach about the lives of whales when the lives of people we disagree with just end up being up there for debate?

Such hypocrisy seen here.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

My comment about opening fire was tounge in cheek.

I'm in this thread, as I said before that if the Sea Shepards act like pirates, they should be treated as such.

The Tens of Millions that they are spending, would be better spent in an international maritime court. If they are doing something illegal, prove it!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I think the captain is a nutjob.... apparently he was a founder of greenpeace and eventualy KICKED OUT.

Paul Watson wasn't even one of the founders of Greenpeace, he was a second generation member, Greenpeace was already set in their GREEN and PEACEFUL ways before he came and decided Greenpeace's non-violence approach wasn't violent enough.

Heck, at least Greenpeace can actually claim that they were the victim of violence, just look up the bombing of the first Rainbow Warrior by the French government, killed one person.

The Sea Shepherds make all activists look bad, as I said before.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Whether or not the provisions set up by the IWC actually constitute international law is a topic of quite a bit of debate. But apart from that, the sanctuaries established by the IWC prohibit commercial whaling by its members.

The Japanese, by their account, are not conducting commercial whaling activities but "research".

I abhor whaling for both commercial purposes and "research". But according to international law, the Sea Shepherd Society is committing vandalism (at least) and its activities could possibly be considered piracy. Under international law you do not ram other vessels, you do not board other vessels without permission, you do not damage other vessels nor create maritime hazards. They do not have a legal leg to stand on.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
EXACTLY phage...

Regardless of the legality of what the Japanese are doing, these people are commiting acts of piracy on the back of Bob Barker.

Maybe he should have spayed or neutered these people's parents!

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 04:50 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join