It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raj Patel on Maitreya: "I'm just an ordinary bloke."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is for those of you who have been searching for who Benjamin Creme says is the Maitreya. I happened across this, and because I had seen some discussion here speculating that Raj Patel may be Maitreya, thought you'd be interested.

Disclaimer: I think Benjamin Creme is a dangerous person and find it very difficult to believe him.

From Raj Patel's blog:

I mention this because recently a trickle, and then a flood, of email has come asking me whether I’m Maitreya – the leader of a movement that might be able to save the planet from itself. Some swift Googling and dipping into strange forums informs me that Maitreya is a leader foretold in a range of religions. Those who think that I might be the new prince of peace have been reading things from Share International.

So what, according to Share International, does Maitreya do? Through a doctrine of sharing, fraternity, social justice and cooperation, he (and it does seem to be a he, not a she) brings humanity back from economic and ecological collapse through new forms of spiritual community.

As it happens, I do think that sharing, fraternity, justice and cooperation are terrific things. I also think that prioritising the needs of the poor, hungry and oppressed is a non-negotiable part of a sustainable future. There are other similarities. The picture of Maitreya above shows the Buddhist avatar holding a water bottle, and I’m never far from mine. Apparently, stuttering is the mark of something esoteric, though I’m not entirely sure what that is. Finally, just as foretold, I did indeed fly from India to London in 1977, although the plane ride was a return trip from a holiday with my family.

Unfortunately, from I think that’s where the resemblances end. It frustrates me only a little less than it might disappoint those looking for Maitreya that, in fact, I’m just an ordinary bloke. I always wanted to be a Prince of Something. But when opportunity comes knocking, it turns out it’s to get me to sign for a package for some other dude.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

A Fake and a Fraud . The Poster Boy for the New Age Slavist . Beware of those who would prey on your Fears , for they only have one interest at heart , Power ...........

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

A Fake and a Fraud . The Poster Boy for the New Age Slavist . Beware of those who would prey on your Fears , for they only have one interest at heart , Power ...........

Who? Creme or Patel? I agree with you if it's Creme you're talking about, but as far as Patel goes, I've never really paid much attention to him or even know his views, etc.. Seems to be a mouthpiece.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I am speaking about Maitreya .

www.shareintl.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, whoever the Maitreya is, I seriously doubt that he will be one to bolster himself. Benjamin Creme, though I am a "new ager" myself, seems to be diluted. He makes claims that never reach fruition.

I never really got into the whole Share International thing, so I can't say much about it. I am just going by my impressions of Creme and his organization.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Honestly, I think the whole thing is a scam. Creme realized early on that he personally would probably not be able to sustain a cult big enough to provide him the life he wanted, so he hit upon a rather brilliant plan. He would be the sole representative of one instead. People love a good mystery. A coming savior who conveniently doesn't want to be known, one that can make (reportedly) TV appearances to throw a bone to the adoring masses (yet no one can find it or even a few real possibilities), and no one knows what he looks like. Throw a bunch of random good words together into a fairly generic philosophy, build a web page, and a 70's National Geographic pic (or some other mag), steal a title from a few religions, add water, and boom! Instant cult.

As far as I know of his followers , none of them other than Creme has ever seen or heard this man in the flesh. Creme apparently has a quite large house in London, and we wonder where all the donations to Share really goes to? His entire "career" has been made on promoting this supposed other man, who keeps promising to reveal himself, yet never ever does.

I believe the ATS word dejour for this would be "shenanigans".

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathTribble
Honestly, I think the whole thing is a scam.

Honestly. I agree with you.

I think the whole Maitreya thing is a massive scam.

One aspect I found intriguing from a Conspiracy point of view, was that supposedly Share International has financial backing from some very wealthy sources.

The information was listed on a thread around here on ATS somewhere, and I think the guy even supplied some links that made it seem like a very likely possibility.

So IMHO, there is more to it than initially visible. There is clearly some sort of ulterior agenda at work behind the scenes. *Granted that the information about financial backing is legit*

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, my money was on him lol.

Anyways, fake or not, its all entertainment. Stimuli for the brain. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Honestly, I had never heard of Raj Patel before this thread.However, here are some of thethings that he is concerned with:

“If you live with the consequences of your actions, then you learn from your actions in the future and modify them to make your actions sustainable. At the moment our food system is entirely unsustainable, and we do need to be living within our means. And I think the food movement is kind of heading that way much faster than any other sector of the economy….

“For me food is about life. Food brings together everything that everyone should care about. It is about giving life, it is about what we need to survive on this planet, it is about our interaction with the planet, and about the way that we replenish or don’t replenish the earth that we live on.

“There is something both primal and industrial and very high-capitalist about food. And it is the area where, if we are interested in life, if we’re interested in the ways that we can live on this planet sustainably, then we really do need to start with questions about food.

I agree

I think he is very correct on this count.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Dont worry as a future game designer (hopefully) i will make sure to add Maitreya in my game project.

I have to thank ATS for my some of my video game story plots i am planning, thank you very much

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No doubt you can find many, many plots here that are worthy. Is it a first person shooter? I have some sugggestions...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

confirmed maitreya sighting

suspected maitreya alter ego, raj patel

do you see any resemblance?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Seing as you all seem to be on the same side regarding Maitreya and Share Internatonal, in that mainly doubt is cast upon the two movements, let me offer you a different perspective.

Let's say Maitreya does make an appearance and manages to talk to the world in the way Share International say...

There is no doubt in my mind that his words will be mesmerising.

It is obvious we are on the verge of great change both in the world and inwardly.

Maitreya will not talk to you as a person, as your body, look into your eyes and say something, look at the way you are dressed and so on...no.Maitreya will come and talk directly to your soul.

He will pierce through all the conditioning, he will show you how we have been prgrammed to think the way we do and reasons why.

He will show us the road for each of us to take if we wish to change who we are from mere human beings that have not yet learned to evolve on from our negative traits such as greed and anger and jealousy and pride...to enlightened supream beings able to express love in its highest form and in turn help to heal a world on the cusp of self destruction.

For you who doubt please do your research as this is the line of thinking amongst many new agers, occultists and theosophists.

Yes Maiteya is the anti christ but lets look at the anti christ and question exactly what it is and not only according to the holy bible.

The anti christ is a destructive force of energy that is realised in the world to take down the old system and clear the way for the new system.

That is all it is. Nothing more nothing less...

And yes this energy is released through a man, that man will be perceived by many as bad and by many as good but what is the nature of the antichrist...

Well it is bigger than any religion,in fact the energy was around from the begining of creation and works hand in hand with gods plan of birth and rebirth.

Us humans choose to name it the antichrist, the powers that be used religion to name it so that it can be identified in our time as a threat or destructive force not to be trusted...

Of course if you owned all the worlds wealth and controlled the world and religion would you not do the same if prophecy mentioned that every so often an enrgy comes to take away that which you own.

The thing the powers that be are not sure about is if Maitreya will actually hinder or benefit them...but they take no chances.

Yes Maitreya was prophecised by the Buddhist Canon to appear many years from now but lets think about how dates and times have been distorted through the ages....many even believe we are not even in the year 2010...some say much earlier and some say much later...

The fact is Maitreya comes into the world during humanities time of need...when the collective consciousness calls out to the universe and in turn the energy wished and hoped for subconsciously manifests in our realities.

Maitreya is not a person to be confused with something bad...

yes if there is resistence from the powers that be there will be destruction however the ultimate reason for this mans arrival is to break down the old order and teach us how to live in the new one.

A big element of doubt comes into the question when you throw religion into the mix...God says not to trust the antichrist and if we recieve his mark we wont go to heaven and so on and so forth..

The fact remains that the power to change is within us if we allow religion to hold us back and live with fear and doubt and judgment then we do not progress as humans. We hold onto to old ways of thinking.

There is so much Maitreya will reveal to us that will make so much sense and actually make us question who we are and who we want to become.

Honestly with out a figure like Maitreya do you think humanity will make it through economic collapse or all out ware or world famine or great natural catastrophes or deadly disease.

Maitreya can show us the way through this we just have to trust in something greater than us

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

Please explain to me how Mr. Creme, Raj Patel, or "Maitreya" prey on peoples fears? Calling for world sharing and world peace isn't exactly a bad thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Icecoldfm-

That all sounds spectacular, but the way Benjamen Creme has been pussyfooting around Maitreya's come out to the public for 30 some years casts a lot of doubt on it for me. The fact that recently he said that Maitreya did his first US television interview blew my mind.

How many cult leaders say, "Hey, the guy I've been talking about is here now, and is doing television interviews. You can see him. You can hear him speak." Once you say something like that, you are either going to be proven a prophet or a fraud. There isn't really any turning back once he made that statement. We shall see. Soon.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

confirmed maitreya sighting

suspected maitreya alter ego, raj patel

do you see any resemblance?

I'll take the Maitreya with the white turbon any day. He looks pretty goddamn regal. I refuse to believe that a perfectly evolved human being looks like some smarmy Indian with a foot fetish.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oh, if only it were true. But alas, Benjamin Creme's own writing say that Meitreya lives as a Pakistani in London and goes by a Moslem name. As far as I know, Patel is an Indian name. On his website Raj Patel states his family is Indian. So if Meitreys has come forward it must be as someone else. As an author, I'm sure all the attention being lavished on Raj Patel by you guys is only helping to accomplish one thing - help him sell his books!

Ummm, did anyone bother to do any basic research on this guy before you proclaimed him Maitreya???

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by DeathTribble
Honestly, I think the whole thing is a scam.

Honestly. I agree with you.

I think the whole Maitreya thing is a massive scam.

One aspect I found intriguing from a Conspiracy point of view, was that supposedly Share International has financial backing from some very wealthy sources.

The information was listed on a thread around here on ATS somewhere, and I think the guy even supplied some links that made it seem like a very likely possibility.

So IMHO, there is more to it than initially visible. There is clearly some sort of ulterior agenda at work behind the scenes. *Granted that the information about financial backing is legit*

If it were a scam, it would be EXTREMLEY naieve of Creme to announce that his "Maitreya" has now done his first television interviews. Sure, talk about your God coming some time in the future, when people are ready. You can keep that going for as long as you like.

Say, "he is now here, you can find him" is quite different.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

I know a little about the chap in the top photo: that's Jesus so of course he looks regal! The woman Mary Acatsa spoke with him directly and that's who she claimed him to be. Also, this "Matreiya" was taken to the bus station and disappeared before the chauffers eyes.
We are conditioned to not believe in miracles any more. It is a poorer world for it. Seeing is believing. If you blow the pic up you will see scars on his forehead like the thorny crown would have produced. Go ahead, blow it up. The corner of his head looks like "Harry Potter's."

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Icecoldfm

I have Christian faith and know a little about the Revelations, its kind of a hobby for me. I try not to be obsessed, but like the Oracle in the Matrix, I confess I want the end of the world. In other words, for me and my life I wish it to change in the form of rapture or His return.

However, I will say this: Matreiya has the tell-tale "ey" combination in his name, a suggestion of the number "666." Numerology on the combination "ey" goes all of the way back to Polycarp, a student of John himself. However, that does not mean Matreiya is the in fact the anti-Christ . It's just that he happens to have that word combination in his name. Could be just happenstance.

You can be sure the anti-Christ will be an enemy of any person who does not join his leadership. That's not freedom. That's not looking at things with an open mind...it's his way or the highway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join