It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like that'll ever happen! Alex Jones says boycott the Super Bowl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh, yeah, like THIS is ever gonna happen. Alex Jones wants people to boycott the Super Bowl and focus their energies on fighting the NWO instead.

Break the Matrix: Cancel the Super Bowl or America Dies

Alex Jones joins with fellow patriot Mark Dice in protesting America’s favorite sports ritual– the Super Bowl. Sure, the game is a good contest between two top rivals, but football isn’t what really matters. While America has fallen asleep in front of the television and allowed so many distractions and frivolous issues to take over its thoughts, our country has been looted financially, our military has been used to carry out ever-expanding wars, our President and Congress have ignored the Constitution and our people have stopped their participation in the process.

Until we wake up and fight back against the damage being wielded politically, we have no business getting caught up in gladiatorial distractions. The heat of the contest has become a substitute for our real manhood and our real humanity.

Our tribal instincts to protect the community and drive away its enemies has been overtaken by the thrill of cheering, shouting, painting our faces and wearing the colors of a team.

Alex calls on each of us to remember what really matters on this Super Bowl weekend– forget the pizza, nachos and the half-time musicians and educate yourself, your family and your neighbors on what the globalists have done by design to our culture and our very humanity.

Prison Planet

Personally, I don't think taking one night off to watch America's favorite past time is gonna hurt the fight to take back the country.

I personally wouldn't miss the Super Bowl for the world. The fight for freedom can wait till Monday. I doubt I would've made much of a difference anyway.

Besides nobody would pay attention to me anyway. They'd all be too busy watching the Super Bowl.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Alex Jones is a reason that REAL cters are given a bad name in main stream ideology.

He's one of those people you wish would just go away.

Or at least, he's one of those people that *I* wish would just go away...forever...never to be heard from again

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt to bring awareness to his cause. Seriously, like anyone is going to pass up a chance to eat, drink and be merry while watching a good game.

Sorry, but tomorrow afternoon I'm going to be with family and friends cheering on the Saints. I promise you no one is going to be discussing Alex Jones or the NWO.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yep, every hour spent watching the superbowl is an hour and possibly money spent looking away from Alex.

Yes, and let the sheep follow forward.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
coming from a Louisianian and life-long Saints fan.

Alex is always good for a few minutes of entertainment. But that's about it. We should boycott HIM.

And, after hearing this?

I knew there was a reason I never trusted the guy

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, since I don't pay for TV anymore...

If I can't get a feed on the Internet, I will be forced to just not watch anyways.

It's usually the only game I watch through the year also.

If anyone has a link to a place that will have a LIVE FEED please U2U me or post it in this thread. Thanks.

If I can't watch the game I'll either sleep, play a game, or just read something.

I don't really care which of these options I take. I am not very sentimental.

I am just happy to be alive and free, so reading a book is just as fun as watching the game to me!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Don't own a T.V. and could care less about some mind numbing sport. I have never understood the point of of football. I all I see if a bunch of usually very low IQ'd violent men acting like neanderthals. My most logical guess is that it has to do with their instinctive need to hunt that has been suppressed by modern civilization. what it resembles to me is two tribes fighting over prey.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wow all I see coming from this forum, even the mod is AJ hate. You all must be football fans..... How is this not his own attempt at "sitting at the back of the bus" or "at the lunch counter" or boycott non-"green" this or that........ Boycott goods from china... W/E. As I see it he was trying to get it out there that America cares more about real issues, then a stupid football game. I'm sure not going to watch it, not because AJ said not to.... but because I DO NOT CARE, THERE ARE MANY, MANY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. Hell even planting a garden, or even "planning" a garden is more important IMO then something that has no barring on my life like the Superbowl. Grow up and stop "caring" about some stupid game when millions of people are getting screwed over, dieing, theft is rampant, politicians are tools, chem.. trails are everywhere..... I wonder if the founding fathers would care about this BS (SB) over there own revolution.

=Superbowl
DK

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Instead I'll be watching The Obama deception , Terrorstorm, Fall of the Republic, all available from the infowars store for $5.99, you also get a free T shirt.

I love nothing more than a documentary about a man with a megaphone shouting "9-11 was an inside job" for 90 minutes. Im gonna get all my friends and family together to watch it. It's gonna be a blast

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tensetek
Wow all I see coming from this forum, even the mod is AJ hate.

The man is obviously competing for your attention with the media. You may feel his doing this in an honest caring manner, but its really just business when it comes down to it. I agree, this nation is filled with people distracted by TV and the media, but at the same time this can be said fr those distracted from the truth by radio and online opportunists, who are no different.

SG

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm not watching the superbowl because I don't enjoy football. Now I don't know if boycotting the superbowl would change anything in this country. I do know that it would make me feel a bit better, getting really tired of "oh what do you think of such and such player" or "who do you think is gonna win this" or "oh you watching the game?"

And these are questions I get at work. Even if I were into football this is neither the time nor the place.

Also irritates me when I mention that I am not into sports, I get this glazed over expression aimed at me like i'm speaking a foreign language. Not every male in their 20's enjoys sports nor do we care to hear about them constantly.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I doubt if I'll watch the SB. Forcast has it in the 50s, sunny and clear.
Be nice to be on the golf course without the crowds or fishing on the San Juan. Might have to work though. No rest for the wicked.

Who is this guy Alex Jones?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It wasn't Alex's idea originally but I think it's a pretty ridiculous one. I don't like the fact that they are implying that every football fan or everyone who watches the SuperBowl cares about nothing else and basically worships the players and their favorite team. I'm a big football fan myself and I sure am not going to miss the game but I do know that it's just a game and that there are far more important things we should worry about.
While I see the point they're trying to make it's a silly idea (just like the Charlie Sheen stunt last September).

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Look at it this way.

What average person who wants to kick back, have some beer or pizza or chips +dip, would pick a mental mind screw over a calm relaxing evening??

I do not know ANYONE that would want to hear me rant about conspiracies while the game is on.

Sorry, but people hear us rant about stuff ALL the time.

They simply want a day off from all the BS. There is no way to counter that realistically, maybe in the future but not in 2010.

Times when you need to just relax and let other people relax:::
1) SB
2) Holidays
3) Vacations

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
War is our problem, not sports. The rabbit hole does go deep, and the media and even sports teams have something to do with it, but he should be focusing on our real problems. War and attacks on our freedom, economical and laws.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am not a football fan. I find the game...well...boring frankly. a waste of many hours where I could be doing more entertaining things, like watching a bug slowly die or the like...

I do however watch the superbowl...(I try to at least have 10 bucks ride so it keeps my attention and I actually halfway care who wins). I find that the sport itself is independent of how high or low your IQ is...its a base instinct strategy sport and one of the identifiable cultural aspects of American society (ok, arguably its just slower moving rugby match with some rule changes, but still).

Gotta watch the superbowl...if anything for the rather brilliant commercials...the only time commercials are actually watched all year long in the age of digital recorders.

-edit addition: Oh, and as far as Alex Jones telling me what to watch and what I should be doing...well...suck it Alex.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with organized sports. In fact, sports are a very important part of a successful and thriving civilization. Sports not only contribute to one's discipline, they help to keep society active, fit, healthy and engaged. They also breed competition and bring out the best in people. As previously mentioned, sports also offer entertainment and a distraction from the hell which is everyday life.

Remember the Ancient Greeks, the civilization which was the birthplace of modern democracy? Well, the Greeks had this sporting event called the Olympiad every four years where city-states would stop fighting amongst eachother and compete in athletic events.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, if sports were important enough for the Ancient Greeks to put their differences aside and compete, they are certainly important enough for modern day society. The fact that sports have been commercialized cannot be helped, because that's what capitalism is all about.

And in response to the statement of professional athletes being mindless Neanderthals, there have been many intelligent athletes who have gone on to successful careers after their playing days have ended. Sure, you also have your share of a-holes in professional athletics, but the same is true for any other profession.

A civilization without sports is similar to a civilization without art or music. In other words, it would not be a civilization - it would be barbarism.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Dude, I am not a sports fan, and I watch the super bowl.

But this is when the PTB get you! The 2.5 million a pop super bowl ads!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You people are hilarious. I don't care what anyone of you say, the mass of ATSers can all claim that they are "above the normal sheep" but you are all sheep. Seriously.

This makes me so sick I can barely stand it. So many people stand up for "waking the masses" and "getting the truth out" but when it comes to "taking away mah Super Bowls" you can just forget it.

All these masses of people will sit and waste their day away watching and planning for this spectacle when we face the worst crisis in our world in ages. When families are hunkering down to pay their bills, nothing is going to stop them from spending the few extra bucks they have to order pizza and wings and get the good old gang together. All to watch a bunch of men but heads for no reason. Sure sports are entertainment, there is a novelty in them, but the lunacy over organized sports in America is borderline insane and just an example of how screwed up the priorities of Americans really are.

Let's look at the reality for a second. You have millions of people that watch the superbowl. A good chunk of them are going to be struggling, hard working Americans. They may be Americans that work farms to give us food. They may be Americans that take in children who don't have a home. They may be Americans who fight in the military to protect us. And guess what, all these people, you included can watch this big game knowing that every single one of those men on that field, even the kicker who is in the game a couple times, will get more money in a single year then you will ever see in your lifetime.

And for what? For tossing a ball around. Alex Jones and Mark Dice aren't forcing you to watch them instead of the Super Bowl, they are simply proving a point, a point that they obviously prove loud and clear. A point that speak in actions much louder then words.

If given the choice between education and preparation versus self indulgence, Americans would much rather choose self indulgence. And people wonder why this damn country is the way it is. You can make all the half arsed excuses you want but nothing is going to justify it.

Nothing.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Don't own a T.V. and could care less about some mind numbing sport. I have never understood the point of of football. I all I see if a bunch of usually very low IQ'd violent men acting like neanderthals. My most logical guess is that it has to do with their instinctive need to hunt that has been suppressed by modern civilization. what it resembles to me is two tribes fighting over prey.

This is just my opinion:

Anyone who brags about their own IQ and has to put others down, probably has something to hide themselves.

You have athletes & scholars.

The world has always been split into those two distinct categories.

Hunters/Gatherers
Warriors/Researchers

i mean, no matter how you paint it, y ou can call them athletes & scholars.

"Athletes" make the world safe
"Scholars" make it a better place to live

Can't have one without the other....keep that in mind next time you step up on what you presume to be your pedestal.

Originally posted by gwydionblack
You people are hilarious. I don't care what anyone of you say, the mass of ATSers can all claim that they are "above the normal sheep" but you are all sheep. Seriously.

Agreed. Most of the people i see here are nothing more than a CT equivalent of a main stream moron. They spend their entire time regurgitating stories they hear from their "heroes" and try to pass it off as enlightenment and "holier than thou" thinking

Its just another form of conformism and idiocy.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Snarf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join