It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever go to sleep, and wake up in a different reality?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Man, its a really crazy phenomenon when you get a good night of sleep, and when you wake up, the vibe of the world is different. It is very subtle, but it sure is a strange feeling. This happened to me when I woke up this morning. Have any similar experiences?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It used to happen to me all the time when I was a heavy drinker

Seriously though, the only time that ever really happens to me is when I get a GOOD night's sleep of 9 or 10 hours in my own bed after a couple of weeks of 4 or 5 hour nights on the couch.

[ I'm in trouble A LOT with my wife
]

I've never felt as though like I was in a different reality though.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes. The world is in some ways static. The way we look at it can change overnight. You can wake up to a new world simply by looking at the static world in a different light. It IS subtle like you said, but really we wake up to a new world everyday. Almost as if we die every time we go to sleep and are reborn the next day when we wake up. This happens on some level every morning. For some it happens on multiple times, those who sleep and wake up in smaller intervals. It's either done in small differences or big differences. But it happens regardless.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Man, its a really crazy phenomenon when you get a good night of sleep, and when you wake up, the vibe of the world is different. It is very subtle, but it sure is a strange feeling. This happened to me when I woke up this morning. Have any similar experiences?

Can you explain more of what you are feeling?
The world feels like it has a subtle change..but how?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I also wake up some mornings feeling euphoric etc even... weirdly enough having consumed a decent amount of alcohol the night before etc. Where I expected to wake up feeling hung over etc???
Then some days I wake up having hadn't had nothing to drink the night before and feeling like total crap next morning. I bring it down to monthly cycles of Bio-rhythms etc. I did a years own research on it where what ever I did or didnt do I would have certain peaks and troughs in both my output in physical exercise and my overall sleep patterns.
Something to do with the weeks either side of a full moon etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmm, let me try and explain myself better.

Okay, last night, I had a string of those crazy real dreams. One after another. The first thing I do when I wake up from realistic dreams is to run to my mirror and make sure I'm alive and not injured from my gunfights or other adventures in my dreams. So its like I go to bed, have insane dreams, and when I wake up the next morning, I'm like, hey that was a good night of sleep and adventuring! with all those amazing experiences under my belt, this day will be a breeze!

What I am trying to say is sometimes I awake and I know I will have a good day, while others, I wake up and I'm like uh oh. Something doesn't feel right.

I am really babbling crazily here, but I hope you all understand.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ok so what are the odds that i'm reading this thread and Metallica "Enter Sandman" is on the tv?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes you make perfect sense as I also have similar strings of dreams and then half way through a day I get a sense of Deja'vu and realise I had dreamt that same Time and space event sequence in that nights dream state etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
ok so what are the odds that i'm reading this thread and Metallica "Enter Sandman" is on the tv?

Pretty high in my opinion as somewhere in the world I dare say it will be playing on some Tv Station etc.
If it happens to be playing on your local one then I would be really freaked out... Hmm go check and see?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Pretty high in my opinion as somewhere in the world I dare say it will be playing on some Tv Station etc.
If it happens to be playing on your local one then I would be really freaked out... Hmm go check and see?

local music station...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sadly, sometimes the euphoria of just waking up slowly subsides. Now today feels pretty normal. But still, happy to be alive and healthy. YAY!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Check out my thread on Jumping Dimensions,

I think you will find it very intriguing.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yup, I know exactly what you mean.

Maybe it has something to do with the coming enlightenment?

Sometime when I get up at 4,5,6 am and look out of the window I get 'high' on something and just stare out.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The only times I have experiencing something like that is not about waking up in a different reality, or experiencing a different in my world around me. . .

I have waken up many times in a different room and a different house that I don't recognize at first, it look like my room and my house but the furniture is different the colors and patterns, but then after a while my reality comes back and what is familiar to me comes back and everything is back to normal.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sometimes, although very rarely, when I wake up I have very strong feeling that dreamstate was reality and that "reality" is something that isn't real. Have anyone had that kind of experience? Maybe it has something to do with astral traveling while dreaming.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

All the time if my hunches as to the nature of existance is true.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I had this happen for a week straight after New Years. Wake up with drinks, drink my breakfast, lunch and dinner, then fall asleep next to a bottle. Repeat.

Every day I woke up feeling like this year was gonna be amazing. Then the week ended, the hangover took hold, and I realized everything was just the same. Luckily, I did break the habit just in time to see my p.o.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Maybe what we perceive as 'reality' is the real dream and dreams are the true reality…
Sometimes when I remember a dream after I wake up - usually I forget them - it does feel more 'real', more vivid and defined.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well from my own research and understandings;-
We are as one a dreamer dreaming about a dream where we were actually dreaming we were separate and alone with individualistic perceptions and understandings of being in a limited physical forms.
With the occasional hint of reality in the dream that one realized it could be omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent in Spirit Mind eternally at any moment it wished with willful intent.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Epsillion70]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nobody has said it so I will.

I went to bed on Sept.10,2000 and woke up to a total different reality.

I remember staring out my front window and thinking just that.

I told my daughters that very same thing.

"What ever life you had before, remember it,because this is a different reality starting today."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join