It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Shuttle Challenger: Newly found video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The disaster of the Challenger took place in 1986, 24 years ago

I still remember the day it happened...

This is a home video that just recently surfaced and was handed over by the man who shot it before he died.

Interesting to hear his commentary as it's happening,

Video

[edit on 6-2-2010 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
An interesting new view on a tragedy.

At the time of this disaster, I was actually in history class and my teacher just got back from a vacation and showing us slides of his photos of the Challenger perched and ready to go for launch.

The superintendent comes over the loudspeaker of the news and everyone froze for about 10 minutes. You could hear a pin drop!

It was very surreal. 10 minutes of such quietness. 10 minutes of looking at the Challenger at the moment its announced.

The slides turned, the teacher goes, "here's another slide of the Challenger, ready to go, should be lifting off...(looks at his watch) ...around now-ish now in fact," then the announcement came.

Still sends chills...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ahh my experience of this.

We were at school and all ushered out to go watch the shuttle take off (live on the space coast...those things go off in my backyard).

We all did the initial Ooh, and Aah, then it split and there was a collective wtf moment from both students and teachers.

we sort of watched for a moment, then instead of class, we were all ushered into the church (catholic school) where a priest announced the news and we did a prayer service.

wild thing to see when your 12 years old.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I know it's super immature but uhh, the guy narrating...it's just funny to me, each time he says "trouble..." "Is that trouble...err not?" "Trouble...err not?"

Anyway, it was a total tragedy, probably would've learned so much, so shame on me in advance...

[edit on 2/6/10 by Sickle_And_Hammer]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

I know, I was expecting something more articulate. Instead it sounds like an old hick.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
" It didn't break in two last time " ?

" maybe they are doing a 2 for 1 deal at NASA this week"

Seriously what was that guy smoking. I watched it on T.V. in N.Z. and yes it is one of those " moments" everyone will always remember what they were doing. Like Lady Di dying.

new topics

top topics

join