Possible cancer cure found in blushwood shrub

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
check out something called MMS ... this stuff either works or it sure has a lot of people from everywhere saying it works on really diverse ailments.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
if you cure cancer and ban smoking, your world will collapse.
2nd line not needed.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Cancer has recently been diagnosed in a person very close to me

So i realy hope this is going to be a real breakthrough in cancer cure.

EcoBiotics have a facebook group.
Might be useful to join it if you're interested and want to keep track of the further development of their research.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
My thoughts are that you need to be extremely careful when you do anything like that.

Extremely careful.....

Why, do you know about these fruit? Are they inedible or poisonous?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How amazing this would be if it were made mainstream. Sadly I doubt it will be but there's always hope.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I used to work for a scientist that invented the ozone machine. He had a tumor the size of a baseball in his arm. He experimented on himself, and injected ozone directly into the tumor. The tumor disappeared. I saw this for myself. He tried to patent the process, and he was shut down from using this discovery by the government. He was forced to turn his research over and not use it. the only side effect he had was a scar that was left from where the tumor was. Now there are alternative centers that inject ozone into the bloodstream to cure infections etc, it is just alternative treatment that does not get much attention.

It just sickens me the greed and power that kill. The last time I spoke to him was three years ago, and he was telling me how he had discovered an alternative fuel using ozone. He was very excited and said it was going to be big news, then he is dead a week later. It disturbs me to this day. He was in the book of Who's who is Science for his breakthrough with ozone. To this day I have one of his machines in my house still running from all those years ago.

I do not doubt one bit there are multiple cures, and if you could combine these therapies, how wonderful it would be, but people in power will never allow it. How I wish I could transport myself of this planet to one where
corruption and power is not the rule of the land.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
For those worrying about this 'disappearing', let me reassure you that as someone living in the very rainforest these fruits grow, and as someone who has quite a bit of knowledge/interest on the local edible and medicinal 'bush tuckers'... I vow to look into this myself.

Hell, I reckon if I really wanted, I could find a way to conduct some tests myself.

But rest assured these shrubs are abundant in the rainforests around here, and there is no reason why independent studies cannot be done to learn how easily this compound can be isolated -- and if it truly does work.

At the very least, I can always supply people with the seeds.

Will do some research and come back with anything interesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
At the very least, I can always supply people with the seeds.

Put me on that list please, I'm fascinated by this and would LOVE the chance to do my bit to help trreat Cancer.

Good luck out there and don't get bitten by anything dangerous.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Much pleased to see all the interest.
It is nice to see a story with a strong positive side light up the board and there is no harm in having some hope in your life. Spread the word my friends, never forget that is is possible for your voice to shape a future to be proud of.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am with you Phage! I was told when my son was almost 2 that he had a rare cancer and had 6 months at most to live. He did chemo and it went away. In fact some of the bone that had been lost to the tumors grew back. I will call it cured thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ketogenic diets--a high-fat, low-carb diet that induces ketosis--effectively and safely shrink brain tumors in both mice and human subjects.

www.jacn.org...

This is nothing new, however, as it has been known for sometime that cancer cells are anaerobic and are fueled by glucose fermentation instead of oxidation (see The Warburg Hypothesis). Therefore, restricting carbohydrates will effectively reduce blood glucose, initiate ketosis, cause the brain to burn ketones as fuel (instead of glucose) and essentially starve any tumors in the brain.

This doesn't necessarily hold true for other cancers in the body. Though glucose fermentation is still the primary source of energy for all cancer/tumors, if glucose becomes scarce the tumors will begin to use glutamine as a fuel source, if glutamine is readily available.

-Dev

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yeah for sure,
A simple cure for skin cancer is rubbing hemp oil on affected areas, (check up the Rick Simpson Story)
You cannot patent a plant so no money there, its extremely sad to know so many people donate thier money into rediculous cancer foundations that are searching for a synthetic cure when there are so many ways to do it naturally.
Its disgusting to see children running donation drives to raise money for cancer when you know the money and hope they have raised is going no where except the pockets of doucher scientists.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

I disagree, pharma companies cannot patent natural plants, so otherwise they cannot make money from it, so they ignore it...

Rick Simpsons concentrated hemp cure is worth looking into... If he's a fraud then its wasted time, if not then its an amazing story that should be spread across the world... Curing glicoma, diabetes, cancer etc....

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Great news! I have always said the cure to every ailment is right in front of us it could be as simple as mixing a redwood tree leaf with a blueberry for example..

I hope this deosnt get swept under the carpet by the media and TPTB.
Let's hope it works the same on humans.. and one of the worlds biggest killers may of been cured

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Then there's the idea that vitamin D deficiency is the cause of most cancers:

, is a new model of cancer pathogensis that integrates Vitamin D and Calcium based on groundbreaking research that was recently conducted. The model is: Disjunction-Initiation-Natural selection-Overgrowth-Metastasis-Involution-Transition (DINOMIT)

1. Disjunction - Due to low Vitamin D levels the cells begin to separate. Intracellular communication is reduced or lost.
  2. Initiation - DNA errors occur that support faster Mitosis.
  3. Natural selection - Rapidly dividing cells predominate.
  4. Overgrowth - Cells compete for nutrients and penetrate tissue membrane. Lymph invasion, growth and transport to lung, brain and liver.
  5. Metastasis - Malignant cells colonize remote host site.
  6. Involution - Increased Vitamin D retards growth of malignant cells.
  7. Transition - Temporary transition to quiescent status.

This means Vitamin D, or lack thereof, may be the driving force for the development of cancer. I think more research is warranted but, so far, it looks very promising.

Theoretically, one can cure cancer 100% with vitamin D therapy as long as long as it hasn't progressed past the 3rd step. Unfortunately, cancer is typically caught too late.

You can watch the video on it in my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Dev

[edit on 7-2-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
My thoughts are that you need to be extremely careful when you do anything like that.

Extremely careful.....

Why, do you know about these fruit? Are they inedible or poisonous?

G'day nerbot

Plenty of people have harmed themselves via self medication with "natural" substances because many "natural" substances are extremely powerful.

Think about this fruit again for a moment.....

If those active compounds are powerful enough to "cure" cancer, how do you know what else those powerful compounds might do in your body?

Here are some very basic questions that I would like answered on some reasonable level of data, before I started self medicating:

How much do I need to take?

How much of the compounds are in each fruit?

Will the compounds stress my kidneys?

Will the compounds stress my liver?

Can the compounds reach the cancer via my digestive pathways?

Must the compounds be injected via my bloodstream?

Must the compounds be injected directly into my tumour?

If the compounds must be directed directly into my tumour, how do I ensure all of the tumour is effected by the compounds?

What if I have many tumours?

What types of tumours do the compounds effect?

Etc...

I could go on & on, but can you see what I mean from these initial extremely basic questions?

This is much more complex than simply eating a piece of fruit or some berries.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
And to go along with my first post....

Can a High-Fat Diet Beat Cancer?

To the two researchers in Würzburg, the theoretical debate about what is now known as the Warburg effect — whether it is the primary cause of cancer or a mere metabolic side effect — is irrelevant. What they believe is that it can be therapeutically exploited. The theory is simple: If most aggressive cancers rely on the fermentation of sugar for growing and dividing, then take away the sugar and they should stop spreading. Meanwhile, normal body and brain cells should be able to handle the sugar starvation; they can switch to generating energy from fatty molecules called ketone bodies — the body's main source of energy on a fat-rich diet — an ability that some or most fast-growing and invasive cancers seem to lack.

The Würzburg trial, funded by the Otzberg, Germany–based diet food company Tavartis, which supplies the researchers with food packages, is still in its early, difficult stages. "One big problem we have," says Schmidt, sitting uncomfortably on a small, wooden chair in the crammed tea kitchen of Kämmerer's lab, "is that we are only allowed to enroll patients who have completely run out of all other therapeutic options." That means that most people in the study are faring very badly to begin with. All have exhausted traditional treatments, such as surgery, radiation and chemo, and even some alternative ones like hyperthermia and autohemotherapy. Patients in the study have pancreatic tumors and aggressive brain tumors called glioblastomas, among other cancers; participants are recruited primarily because their tumors show high glucose metabolism in PET scans.

The good news is that for five patients who were able to endure three months of carb-free eating, the results were positive: the patients stayed alive, their physical condition stabilized or improved and their tumors slowed or stopped growing, or shrunk. These early findings have elicited "very positive reactions and an increased interest from colleagues,"

And to touch on the ketogenic diet's efficacy on brain cancer treatment:

Past studies, however, offer some hope. The first human experiments with the ketogenic diet were conducted in two children with brain cancer by Case Western Reserve oncologist Linda Nebeling, now with the National Cancer Institute. Both children responded well to the high-fat diet. When Nebeling last got in contact with the patients' parents in 2005, a decade after her study, one of the subjects was still alive and still on a high-fat diet. It would be scientifically unsound to draw general conclusions from her study, says Nebeling, but some experts, such as Boston College's Thomas Seyfried, say it's still a remarkable achievement. Seyfried has long called for clinical trials of low-carb, high-fat diets against cancer, and has been trying to push research in the field with animal studies: His results suggest that mice survive cancers, including brain cancer, much longer when put on high-fat diets, even longer when the diets are also calorie-restricted. "Clinical studies are highly warranted," he says, attributing the lack of human studies to the medical establishment, which he feels is single-minded in its approach to treatment, and opposition from the pharmaceutical industry, which doesn't stand to profit much from a dietetic treatment for cancer.

-Dev

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
For those who have cancer, have you tried the most simple, and quite possibly most effective method of all, which is fasting(with just water)? Now I don't pretend to know everything about cancer, but for all intents and purposes, cancer is basically an overgrowth of cells, which is caused by too much calories/sugar(I believe the process is sugar -> ATP > cells division, probably the only useful thing I learned in bio) in unwanted places. This is probably due to too much stress, eating too much without exercising(or just plain too much eating), or genetics.

Now I don't know how exactly stress contributes to cancer, but if I had to guess, stress tricks people into being hungry, and so they eat when they're not truly hungry, and if they keep doing it, the body becomes overloaded and can't get rid of the stress and store the food in the most natural manner, that is in your thighs and stomach, and so it will start storing the calories in your vital organs or the "unwanted places."

The next time you feel stressed and feel hungry, just take a drink of water, or rest, whichever is most comfortable, the body will "burn the stress," or simply gets rid of it.

Now I quoted "burn the stress" because one thing I've learned about the body is that it will burn ANYTHING for energy, including fiber, when it's in "desperate" or "deep cleansing" mode. You can test this for yourself by eating nothing but carrots for a couple of days. One would think that eventually the fiber in the carrots will pass, but that'll never happen. It gets burned up, along with a bunch of calories stored in your thighs.

I think that when in "desperate" or "survival mode," the body doesn't really care about vitamins or minerals, or anything like that. I think when you break it down to the most basic components, it just wants some carbon molecules(our body is carbon-based after all.) The rest of the components of sugar, that is hydrogen and oxygen, it gets from water.

Anyway, the nice thing about the body is that if it can store calories where they're unwanted, then it DOES also know how to get rid of those calories/cells. Unfortunately, however, it does not do this immediately. It will try to use the calories in your thighs first(IMO, this is why it likes sugar so much, it gets absorbed extremely fast, of course, the problem is always "overdosing." Basically, if you're sitting in front of your comp all day, then you can only eat very little, the difference between the Big Mac and the McFlurry is that the Big Mac gets absorbed a lot slower, so the body has time to "regulate" it), because it's the most convenient. So you basically have to force it into a situation where it has to burn or "clean out" those calories/cells in those unwanted places.

How do we force it to do that? Well, it's said that the body goes into a "deep cleanse" or "desperation" mode after three days, so my recommendation is that you fast for at least 5 days. See if you "feel" any difference in the tumors. If you do, then obviously continue. If not, try for 10.

Now what happens is that the body will also burn the fat stored in your thighs, so you must be very careful for going too long. I believe most people can go for 30 days without food, but really, it depends on how much fat you have stored(which can be determined by how much you weigh.) If you want to play it "safe," then what I recommend is that try to go for 5 days the first time. If it doesn't work, try to regain the weight, then go for 10 the next time.

Now unless you can't stand the hunger, don't eat or drink anything with extra calories(even if it's filled with "nutrients"), because it will just take time for the body to break it down and conveniently use them as energy. Do NOT eat any protein, because that forces the body to fully resume the digestive process, and you will have to start all over.

Now I can't say for sure that my method will work. It's all that I've learned and experimented with "certain processes"(I don't have cancer, but I do get tired sometimes, and I always feel better when I don't eat. And I have tested out the carrot part, and I'm convinced that the body DOES burn fiber). I am willing to take test experiments and monitor "complications," however
(hey, at least the reasoning is sound, and it literally costs you nothing.)

[edit on 7-2-2010 by np6888]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I'd buy that study. Fat gets asborbed a lot slower than carbohydrates, and in the modern sedentary lifestyle, you need to eat stuff that gets absorbed very slowly, to allow the body time to either store it as calories/fat/sugar(pretty much all the same thing once it gets digested) in the most natural manner, or to dump it. Otherwise, it will store those calories in any place that it can(in order to keep the blood sugar normal.)
The only problem is that high fat can lead to heart-attacks.

But really, the only solution is to eat less(or exercise more.) From what I've experimented, A LOT less(it seems like I can't eat anything "full" these days without feeling like I need to take a walk, and then most of it still gets dumped. Your metabolism(ability to burn calories) does get a lot slower in cold weather).

[edit on 7-2-2010 by np6888]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

I'd buy that study. Fat gets asborbed a lot slower than carbohydrates, and in the modern sedentary lifestyle, you need to eat stuff that gets absorbed very slowly, to allow the body time to either store it as calories/fat/sugar(pretty much all the same thing once it gets digested) in the most natural manner, or to dump it. Otherwise, it will store those calories in any place that it can(in order to keep the blood sugar normal.)

Fat/sugar/protein/alcohol are not the same once they are digested. Each is metabolized differently, depending on multiple factors. And fat cells aren't just dump trucks where extra calories are shoveled in.

The only problem is that high fat can lead to heart-attacks.

This is also not true. Not all fats are the same, my friend.

But really, the only solution is to eat less(or exercise more.) From what I've experimented, A LOT less(it seems like I can't eat anything "full" these days without feeling like I need to take a walk, and then most of it still gets dumped. Your metabolism(ability to burn calories) does get a lot slower in cold weather).

The solution to what? And, I'm sorry, but your metabolism speeds up the colder you get, that's how warm blooded animals stay warm.

-Dev

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join