It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearing Eight Million!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Around March or April of last year, I was browsing through ATS one day when I ran across a thread counting down the days to the six millionth post here on ATS. Then, in April (I believe) that threshold was passed. That is quite a feat in my opinion!

Then, no less than four months later (and very quietly I might add), the seven millionth post threshold was passed! Even more amazing!

Now, here we are on Saturday February 6th, 2010 and our online community is nearing the next milestone—eight million posts! That's right 8,000,000! As of just a few short minutes ago, ATS/BTS has 7,928,501 posts! We're just days away folks!

I just wanted to take this time to congratulate and thank everyone. No matter how big or small, every post counts here on ATS and each post pushes us all closer to finding the truth. Which is indeed what we should all be striving to discover!

I've personally enjoyed my time here on ATS. I've learned a lot and have had many, or at least read through, many great discussions. And I've learned and seen stuff that I may not have seen otherwise; which is always pretty cool!

So, everyone, thanks again! Keep up the good work and I'll see you at nine million!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I just mentioned this on a separate thread and found this on ATS(that i actually never saw before)

ATS Statistics

So anyone can now see exactly how close we are at any given time, just come onto this thread or go to the bottom of the page to statistics and look for total posts.

But i have so enjoyed my time here and thank you to all those who i have come across because this site just wouldn't be as good without you!

Everyone and every post matters and makes a difference!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Only thing I see wrong with your post is you make it sound as if millions of people are visiting and using this site.

The amount of visitors to this forum has dropped significantly.

Most of the "posts" you speak of are by the same members continually and most of it is copied and pasted from other internet forums.

There is RARELY anything of significant discussion on this forum anymore.

Sad but true.

The problem with "user generated content",is the user.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

The amount of visitors to this forum has dropped significantly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/883e2a7640db.png[/atsimg]

www.quantcast.com...

[edit on 6 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Nice. Cool developments.

Grats ATS leadership on getting rich off this *well, decently paid*!

And thanks for giving us a place to hang out and discuss all the cool stuff!

I plan to stick around, this is kind of like my little sanctuary. I learn so much here everyday and the membership pushes me to excel and achieve things better than I would have naturally.

I honestly think that if you read ATS with a critical eye, your IQ will raise sharply.
*That means taking everything with a grain of salt (or bucket!)*

Go ATS!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

There is RARELY anything of significant discussion on this forum anymore.

The significance of an issue is probably something that is in the eye of the beholder. I truly think that each discussion is worthwhile; even if it is just a discussion that takes your mind off of more weighty subjects and allows you to clear you mind a little and have some fun.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

The significance of an issue is probably something that is in the eye of the beholder. I truly think that each discussion is worthwhile; even if it is just a discussion that takes your mind off of more weighty subjects and allows you to clear you mind a little and have some fun.

I agree 100%.

If you do not come in with an open mind, you will never get anywhere.

You have explained my sentiments exactly.

I find everyone's contributions even if small worthwhile. That is why I simply refuse to "ignore" anyone. Everyone has a piece of the puzzle!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just for fun, I think that I'll throw out there that I think that we'll cross eight million on February 15th.

Anyone else have a guess?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Just for fun, I think that I'll throw out there that I think that we'll cross eight million on February 15th.

Anyone else have a guess?

Wouldn't be ATS without some predictions going down in a thread haha.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

At least it's slightly different than "disclosure is coming in a week!" or "apocalypse six hours away!"

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just had to post in this thread.
I have no reason to post, and have no additional information to add.

I only post to bring us one post closer to 8,000,000 posts.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There's STILL a bug in the stats though and has been for years now.

Check out "New member accounts: Past 7 days" and "New member accounts: Past 30 days" and you'll see there's something not right in the calculation.

Not sure how often they're updated also, so the 8 million may roll by and we won't know. Or it may already have happened. (Statistics generated on Sat February, 06 2010 at 12:34 GMT.)

Still, that's a lot of typing isn't it....well done ATS.

How about a prize for the 8 millionth poster. A t-shirt or mug

[edit on 6/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It is beginning to look like people who are not Americans will soon overtake Americans on ATS. Actually I'm quite proud of that, atleast there will be one social media outlet that is made in America(I think) and will be majority foreigners.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
.... at least there will be one social media outlet that is made in America(I think) and will be majority foreigners.

I'd have to say that ATS is "made" by it's members through their never ending global contributions. It is "hosted" in American and by Americans though, and they provide the platform for those contributions.

I understand your point and the statistics are interesting. The most interesting I think is the "quantcast US siterank" which has been steadily decreasing and is now under the 2000 mark (1930).

Good to know we CAN all get along and create something that by now, is probably pretty unstoppable and still gathering momentum (as SDog pointed out above).

Just like one big family.... rants, love, hate, gossip, news, opinions, secrets and ideas....the whole ball of wax. Or should that be ball of dirt?

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Actually, ATS was born out of the UK.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

That's Right! ATS is 100% British!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bacc55c0ebfa.gif[/atsimg]

To the greatest but British! website on the net!

.....Hmm Too patriotic??

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Do my eyes decieve me?

SIMON dear chap, how the devil are you?....it's been a while since we've seen you post.

I'm glad Skeptic Overlord has finally let you out of the trunk of his car.

Yes, ATS was started all those years ago in good old "Blighty".

Cheers Boss, thanks for sowing the seed.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Haha, I just like how people keep slipping in that ATS is British.

From some of the posts around here, it sounds like many do believe it's American.

Oh well, it's probably one of the only reasons why sometimes I enjoy living in the UK haha.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Well i think that there is by far more americans on here but hey you gotta keep reminding them that ATS is from good ol' blighty

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Thats fine with me. I view Britain as an extended family member of the USA anyway

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join