It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is watching you... be aware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I've already done a similar thread about google watching you & I came acroos this video about facebook keeping very detailed info about us & watching what we do and since there's alot of people who are members of facebook, I thought you would be interested in this video.

What's your thoughts?

[edit on 6-2-2010 by joe82]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hell, your wrist watch is probably watching you.

Yeah facebook be da bomb. basically anything popular with anyone will be used, and abused.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Employers can now gather information from a workers facebook account especially with what they may post on there walls. It could possibly get the employee fired or watched for progress within the company.

To me i personally think its stupid to apply information about ones individuality on a webpage for millions to see world-wide and post pictures, videos, friend links, i mean when you think about it, it doesn't really take a lot of effort from the cyber police to learn a whole deal about one person in a short time and i personally liked to keep information about me as classified as possible. I'm sure many would agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I treat facebook like I do the entire internet I would not and do not post anything I would not be happy for the whole world to know about.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Isn't that by design though.. I mean, the whole purpose is to give it all of your information so other people can see it, right? So, where's the conspiracy?

If you don't want facebook "watching" you, maybe don't willingly give it all of your personal info eh.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Isn't that by design though.. I mean, the whole purpose is to give it all of your information so other people can see it, right? So, where's the conspiracy?

If you don't want facebook "watching" you, maybe don't willingly give it all of your personal info eh.

There is no conspiracy on this matter. Its purely to gather information on individuals and understand a lot about each person to detect and watch for potential terrorism. You'd just have to take my word on that, believe what you want. My father works for the government and made it very clear that everytime when our computers connect to the network that our IP addresses are logged and everything we type in will be picked up as keywords and logged onto different grouped server's and every household in the country is watched for potential terrorism. I just went to ask him buts hes being 'mute' like most times hes always saying he has nothing to say of the matter but early on he told me of this so its not bull for some of you. Im just trying to spread the word and help educate. Many thanks, D.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

That's a good point. We don't need to share what we don't want to. Also use of "Application settings" are a good feature, so you do not "unwillingly" share everything...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

You're smart. I have a friend who left his job and created a profile on Linkedin to network with folks and look for a job. His prior employer called him and indicated that he had information posted that was confidential to the company and needed to be removed. The information in question was how many folks were on the team he managed, not a trade secret. He contacted the prior employer and they indicated that they look at all current and past employees Facebook, MySpace and Linkedin on a regular basis. He did not remove it and they did not do anything, they were just looking to bully him.

Everyone's looking at you

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What a sad employer has time to worry about facebook

Most are more worried about making business, for me any employer who has time to frequent facebook is bot worth working for - and yes im vetted to work in the highest UK government agencies and have a facebook account and am on here.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
What a sad employer has time to worry about facebook

Most are more worried about making business, for me any employer who has time to frequent facebook is bot worth working for - and yes im vetted to work in the highest UK government agencies and have a facebook account and am on here.

Fair point and funny!
just proves that nobody needs to be in fear for one thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
duh, wasn't it rumored to be funded by the cia?

also there were a ton of stupid little quizzes, only thing is
I once had a battery of serious psych tests after a head injury
and a whole lot of those questions in those little quizzes weren't so stupid
they were psych analysis...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I believe this issue brings to light the need to support privacy advocates. The only way to survive the system (or hope to beat it) is to play the game by the existing rules -- this means, I think, making privacy groups larger and better funded, to give them more lobbying clout.

Anyone have a list of legitimate groups that people can send donations to? Or legislators? EFF?

top topics

join