It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convo with God Books: Genius or Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As I re-read the first conversations with God book, i'm left with a nagging question. Is this a real book dictated(so to speak) by God or is Mr. Walsh a literary genius on the level of Shakespeare? Either he transcribed and summarized ancient texts like the books of Zohar into easily readable format or It's a real conversation. There is no middle Ground. He's either Genius and lying or it's the real deal. What are your thoughts? This theory of mine is based on readings of Kaballah, the bible, the dead sea scrolls and tons of other books both ancient and current. Regardless of your thoughs on this what isn't up for debate is how all the teachers shown in the secret have used this book as the basis for everything they do now. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

These books have changed my way of thinking and I never really gave too much thought as to whether or not he was actually talking to God or not.

It just makes so much sense and makes you really think. Pure genius no matter how he came to those conclusions, and very well written.

To me, it doesn't matter where the information came from, just that it made me think, and any book that changes my thoughts and values is a gem to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I found these books helped me greatly. Their content is extraordinary in waking mankind up to the realization that spirituality is the answer and not religion.

So are they a real conversation with God or is Walsh a literary genius? This is something I have asked myself often too, but as I read the books they spoke such great truths to me their message came from a Source beyond Walsh.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Does it matter? if you find it helpful, then great...if you dont, then bin it.

Is the bible written by God posessing people? probably not, but if you find it makes you a better person, then go on and believe it...

If you read the back of a sugar packet and it changes your life positively, then voila, you have found your god inspired document that helps you personally.

As far as the technicals, are these books actual accounts of chatting with God...no, because there is no proof whatsoever of any God/Diety to begin with...so how can someone have a book on what they yacked about when the diety in question hasn't even been proven yet.

Cant start on step 5...you must start with step 1...and that is: Prove God in a satisfactory way that science will accept....then you move on

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
God/creative intelligence, speaks through us all if we are quiet enough to listen. Neal came to a point of his life that most would call rock bottom. He lost his family, his home, his possessions. He lost all of the things that he thought made him him. Once reduced to being homeless, he realized that none of those things made him who he was. He turned inward and learned how to silence his ego. Once you can do this it becomes quiet enough where you can actually hear God.

Now is God a large, white haired, white man sitting up in the clouds telepathically sending answers to Neal as he writes questions down? It depends on your beliefs.

His words did come from a divine place within him. Thats the message of the book. God is not an external being.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It (the second book) made hints at Clinton's impeachment about a year before it happened. I remember reading that part. But most importantly... The first three of those books have completely changed my way of thinking about life. I was your typical, God-fearing Caribbean boy and this book made me think differently about God. That he's not some bearded man up there in the sky, but that he/she/it is everything that exists, everything that has ever existed, and everything that will ever exist... Including me, you and everyone else.

More on the Clinton prophesy:

The CwG books sometimes make hints and suggestions about future events. An example of this is The Impeachment of Bill Clinton in book 2 of the trilogy. This account was first published in May of 1997, God told Walsch in Chapter 19 (p.226) that because the President Bill Clinton was "courageously fighting big money's vested interest" there were going to be "tremendous powers attempting to remove him from office." Less than a year later, in 1998, the Lewinsky scandal broke and resulted in calls for Clinton's impeachment and possible eviction from his position. Eventually President Clinton was officially impeached, although the resulting vote to convict and remove him from office then failed to win sufficient votes.

en.wikipedia.org...

And apparently there is even a class to do exactly what Walsch did on a seperate (not CwG affiliated) website online..

godchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
but that he/she/it is everything that exists, everything that has ever existed, and everything that will ever exist... Including me, you and everyone else.

Thats how alot of the "real" religious icons seen it in history...

If you want to see the face of God, look at your neighbor kinda thing.

Also, that is a God I can actually get behind...the whole system itself verses independent of the system.

Pity religion tends to seperate the spiritual aspect of ourselves (God) to something else...my concept is that it allows us to then say we are allowed to fail because we are mearly human.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

incidently, your not really going out on a limb by predicting that groups will want to impeach a president...you can say that from now till the end of democracy about every presidency and it will be true.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ill give it a look, it has to be better than that lawofone Ra Material boloney

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Was it from God, or was it from Neale ?? Perhaps it was from both. Are they not the same ??

One thing is certain though, when you come across the truth it rings through your very core, re-awakening faint memory's of our true existance.

I discovered Neale's books along with many others before I learned to travel out of body and discover my own truth.... these books helped spur my spiritual development and more importantly open my mind.

I remember Neale talking about writing a book called " God is a Tuna Sandwich" and the quote always stuck with me, .... because if you can understand that, ... then you can begin to understand the universe.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I remember in the books that Neale always questioned God on whether or not it was really him talking, or if it was Neale. God continuously told him that there is no separation from God and man- he is in Neale, and everybody else, so in essence, yes, it is both Neale and God.

I honestly don't think it matters whether or not the whole series was just "literary genius"- the message is what counts, and I certainly gained a greater perspective on life after reading them, which is all that really matters to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Does it matter? if you find it helpful, then great...if you dont, then bin it.

Is the bible written by God posessing people? probably not, but if you find it makes you a better person, then go on and believe it...

If you read the back of a sugar packet and it changes your life positively, then voila, you have found your god inspired document that helps you personally.

As far as the technicals, are these books actual accounts of chatting with God...no, because there is no proof whatsoever of any God/Diety to begin with...so how can someone have a book on what they yacked about when the diety in question hasn't even been proven yet.

Cant start on step 5...you must start with step 1...and that is: Prove God in a satisfactory way that science will accept....then you move on

Well said...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Great posts! Thanks! Well just to finish a thought I had on this....The first book does ring true to me....as did "the celestine prophecy" but what if? What if none of this is real? What if it's a deception? What if it's the devil trying to make us believe that hell is not real and away from Christianity? I don't feel that to be the case ...but there is always that seed of doubt trying to break through the surface. And on another path here....what books beside this one ring true for you? I was given "The Holy man" "Conversations with God" and "The Celestine Prophecy" all at the same time and it was a mighty huge awakening to say the least.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
As I re-read the first conversations with God book, i'm left with a nagging question. Is this a real book dictated(so to speak) by God or is Mr. Walsh a literary genius on the level of Shakespeare? Either he transcribed and summarized ancient texts like the books of Zohar into easily readable format or It's a real conversation. There is no middle Ground. He's either Genius and lying or it's the real deal. What are your thoughts? This theory of mine is based on readings of Kaballah, the bible, the dead sea scrolls and tons of other books both ancient and current. Regardless of your thoughs on this what isn't up for debate is how all the teachers shown in the secret have used this book as the basis for everything they do now. Thoughts?

First of all, Shakespeare is not a good analogy of a genius, recent evidence suggests he was illiterate, and John Dee wrote the so called Shakespeare plays. That being said, I have read the John Walsh books, all of them. I sincerely believe he is telling the story as he experienced it. that which we call "God" is many things, by the way, and all things too. the books were very inspiring, and a good read. The man also had a starring role in the film Indigo. www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

........ science has had the wool on your eyes since 16/7/94

..... just ask the eminent(cough) astronomers .....

...... Schumacher ....... or Levy

....... or maybe ask Alan Greenspan(cough) , ..... why the world

economy is melting down ......... [ God done it ! ]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Its neither from God, nor is it Genius. But its pretty good Channelling.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think I liked the book. After reading lots of self-help stuff and some books of the Bible, It was not an AHA.

He's still a human, therefore impure. So even if It was God that talked with him, his writing is pollueted.

Sermon of the Mountain is what I consider to be CwG, excluding the bad translations...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

So what do you mean by channeling and if not god who? More like an Abraham-Hicks type thing?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

Could be but what makes you think the Sermon on the mount was the last time god spoke to us?

top topics

join