It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action is Urgently Required, Help Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The time for discussing the state of this planet is over. Its time to actually DO something about it. The trouble is I, and no doubt the vast majority of people, dont know where to begin, whats legal etc.

The UK general elections are coming up this year. This is the perfect time to revolt. Yes, nothing short of a total revolution will fix this corrupt country. Something BIG needs to happen to get the attention of people and the world.

Maybe starting with a flyer thast summarises the problems with society (corruption in the police, government, the unnecessary taxes, the poor public services, the illegal wars, corruption of corporations, the immigration issue, etc) in bite sized, easy to digest format. Obviously include sources to all the information so it can be verified.

Perhaps trying to organise a protest march on the election day, in as many constituencies as possible.

I fear time is running out and I was hoping there would be more action by now, and there is next to none.

Its time for people to put their words into actions.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I forgot to include, we also need on the same flyer all the ways in which our freedom has been restricted recently, with the introduction of anti-terror laws, and including information on the false-flag event of 9/11, the illegal war in Iraq, whats really going on in other parts of the world which is being kept hidden from us.

The veil needs to be lifted so people can see the world for what it really is rather than the fantasy world that has been created for them.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I forgot to include, we also need on the same flyer all the ways in which our freedom has been restricted recently, with the introduction of anti-terror laws, and including information on the false-flag event of 9/11, the illegal war in Iraq, whats really going on in other parts of the world which is being kept hidden from us.

The veil needs to be lifted so people can see the world for what it really is rather than the fantasy world that has been created for them.

Don't put in the controversial stuff like 9/11 or Iraq. That will shoo to many people away. Dumb it down just enough so that they don't run away on contact.

Thought I would put that up... I think it gets the message across.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you are going to go by whats "Legal" and not whats right, id advise you stop before you start.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Bankers and Politicians are the 2 groups that should be focussed on the most. There is where you will find most public anger and hence support. keep it simple, never take the scatter gun approach. Clear precise targets.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Over a million people protested against the decision to invade Iraq and that had some big ticket supporters, and what did that achieve? Nothing.

So what makes you think a grass roots campaign starting via this web site is going to change anything? And there are smaller political parties who have yet to achieve anything.

Who is going to run and organise this campaign? You?

Very few of us are in a position as citizens to influence change.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I dont have a solution. Which is the point of this post really, maybe someone else does? Maybe they will know what to do to get the message across in such a way it will wake people up. I dont want to run it, be involved in some way definitely, but I lack the skills required to organise something like this.

We are in a complete mess, why should the people who clearly cannot be trusted, and lie, cheat and steal from us at any opportunity for personal gain be allowed to continue to rule us?

Surely we should use the democratic process for its true purpose instead of just voting in one of the other parties that work for the same agenda.

It WILL be revolutionary, because with an ethical party based on real principles and issues, this country would drastically improve over time. The ride could be rough though as a lot of people dependant upon the current system fought to keep it. That all depends on the true motives of the party though. The temptation might be too much for some.

The only contributions I want are ideas really, maybe it will spur other people into action. But its most likely that nobody will care and this post will disappear.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
start a facebook campaign

2nd line

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I assume from your post that you are in the UK. That being the case, in my humble opinion pretty much all hope is lost short of an all out blood in the streets revolution. I am not advocating that and do not think it will happen.
The U.S. is only about one election short of being in the same situation.

You live there, you know exactly what the problem is and for reasons I will never understand as long as I live your leaders have taken you purposely down the road to destruction. Sad state of affairs.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You seem to have missed the way thinks are done here? The UK does not have a history of revolutionary action to change things.

And I guess if you asked members from any of the many countries here on ATS, they may say things are wrong in their country as well.

Of course, things can be improved in the UK, but is this way?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
and including information on the false-flag event of 9/11, the illegal war in Iraq,

if you put lies like that on your flyer you will be totally ignored and considered a right loon!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It sucks that your only options to overthrow your government are printing fliers and marching down the street.

At least here in America we are armed to the teeth.

However, no one is interested in taking action, so it doesn't really matter we have guns. Everyone is too busy trying to figure out how to fit a 86" TV through a 72" door, and buying bud light, and hot dogs for their super bowl party.

So I guess whether you have an AK-47, or a flier with some angry words on it, you will probably be alone.

You might be able to tell that I gave up on trying to fix the world. You are along for the ride my friend, so you can either be happy or pissed. I decided recently to just observe, and have a good time.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Fringe political activity, included but not limited to protests, separatist communities, flyering and politically-motivated violence (PMV), is ineffective because it does not change the system in which it labors and thus forever self-marginalizes. One can create a small separatist community, but it is beholden to the values and politics of the larger community, and thus is doomed to collapse. One can protest and flyer and even beat up members of opposing teams, but this does not do what is necessary, which is changing the design of the system itself. You have no physical enemies, only people who are either deluded by misguided thinking or prone to criminal intent. When you change the system, the fallacy of their thinking becomes obvious, and the majority will mostly convert to your point of view and the minority who are criminal, sociopathic, parasitic, insane, etc. can be seen for what they are and excluded as necessary on that basis.

No amount of protest within a system will change that system, and when the task that must be undertaken is a change of that system, such separatist activity is extraneous and dangerous because it serves as a surrogate for real action. The fact of that matter is that a sensible dissident program does not disagree with the values held by the healthy members of a society, but it disagrees with the methods used to achieve those values, so it can return to the source and change the design of the system so it can represent those values.

top topics

join