It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist finds method to teleport energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If we can teleport energy like we teleport sub atomic particles, then this is a big breakthrough that will ensure more comfortable lives for the next generations to come. I think this is another big step in quantum physics

I hope this will help somehow in our development efforts for quantum computers, but beyond that, if energy is also information, then ultimately we may have ways of receiving energy at large distances through quantum entaglement and teleportation.

PhysOrg.com) --
Japanese physicist Masahiro Hotta of Tohoku University has explained the energy teleportation scheme in a recent study

Using the same quantum principles that enable the teleportation of information, a new proposal shows how it may be possible to teleport energy. By exploiting the quantum energy fluctuations in entangled particles, physicists may be able to inject energy in one particle, and extract it in another particle located light-years away. The proposal could lead to new developments in energy distribution, as well as a better understanding of the relationship between quantum information and quantum energy.

In quantum energy teleportation, a physicist first makes a measurement on each of two entangled particles. The measurement on the first particle injects quantum energy into the two-particle system, which is possible because there are always quantum fluctuations in the energy of any particle. This energy can then be immediately extracted at the second particle by making a second carefully chosen measurement on that particle. Throughout the process, the energy of the overall system remains the same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffba40ed0aac.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: www.physorg.com...

[edit on 6-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Information = Energy
Sub Atomic Particles = Energy
MC^2 + or - = Energy

Therefore "teleporting energy" applies under the previous experiments.

Someone needs to use better terminology.

"Energy" is a blanket term. They need to use specific terms to explain what they are talking about.

Until then I have to file this under "doesn't make sense".

[edit on 6-2-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another problem I have with this article.

"“There is a growing sense that the properties of the universe are best described not by the laws that govern matter but by the laws that govern information."

Read this very carefully. From my point of view, this is not even correct English language.

Matter = Energy
Information = Energy

So Matter = Information

Now read their statement again. They are not using correct terminology. The "laws that govern matter" are invariably the same "laws that govern information".

If they think there is a difference between these two, than they need to articulate it with Correct Terminology so that the rest of us can actually comprehend what ideas are being expressed.

How exactly do the "laws of physics" change?

This article gives us barely .01% of the information contained within these science experiments.

I would like to speak to the scientists personally and get them to elaborate on this in depth. I am not disputing their findings, but I AM disputing their misuse of the English Language.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I am sure that all of you know more than the Phd who devoted his life to this. Oh wait, you probably don't even know basic thermodynamics.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone

I am sure that all of you know more than the Phd who devoted his life to this. Oh wait, you probably don't even know basic thermodynamics.

That is exactly the problem.

You get your panties in a bunch when someone QUESTIONS things??

I guess my teachers were wrong, Carl Sagan and Michio Kaku taught me to QUESTION things.
So yes, I have every right to question these things. And criticize them.
Otherwise how will science ever IMPROVE if no one challenges it???

This is a case of Skeptic (me) vs Blind Faith Believer (You).

You do realize you are making serious logical mistakes??

Your smug (and highly offensive) attitude with your "You probably don't even know the basic laws of thermodynamics". LOL!

Excellent pseudoscience work there buddy. Just more of the same old "I know things without evidence".

What does this have to do with Thermodynamics anyways? I was questioning his use of TERMINOLOGY.

I am guessing by "information" they actually mean something akin to "polarity" since we are talking 0 and 1 here.

So when he said he injects "information" into 1 particle, what he probably means is something similar to "effecting the magnetic charge" or "reversing it's polarity"?

I just do not know, that is why I question it at a basic level. And I would like to speak to the scientist to clarify what exactly he is talking about in TECHNICAL terms. Rather than blanket terms like used in the article.

Responses like yours do not help further any knowledge or understanding, sorry. Try again in a more respectable manner? Then we can discuss this like adults...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think I might understand what they're trying to say. I agree with you muzzle, but thinking about it... it sort of makes sense.

For example -- an invisible string of energy can connect any two things. Imagine point A is on earth and point B is on the moon. Well, there is a connection between those two points... it's just invisible energy. Now, say I want to send a message to point B from point A. We both know that point A and point B are both just parts of the same exact thing -- the line AB. So, if you add information to point A, you've added information to line AB. That information then therefore should be readily available at either end of the line. Someone on the moon at point B would discern what change occured in line AB and then determine in what way point B reacted to the change. By understanding this change in point B, we know what information was added to or taken from point A.

Say there was a line of small metal balls touching eachother along line AB. Imagine, if you had the strength, to push the balls from the point A side towards the point B side. ALL OF THE BALLS WOULD MOVE INSTANTLY. The solid state causes them all to move at the same time as ONE line.

Therefore, point B's ball would move before light even reached it.

Interesting , eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The information being referred to is the quantum energy state of a particle. Quantum information is not the same as classical information and that would seem to be the biggest problem here.

The quantum energy level of a particle is always bouncing around. The trick would seem to be in the "carefully chosen measurement" of the remote particle. How to separate the entangled quantum energy from the noise.

I haven't spent the 20 odd years required to understand quantum mechanics but I don't see much practical application to this.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Information = Energy
Sub Atomic Particles = Energy
MC^2 + or - = Energy

Therefore "teleporting energy" applies under the previous experiments.

Someone needs to use better terminology.

"Energy" is a blanket term. They need to use specific terms to explain what they are talking about.

Until then I have to file this under "doesn't make sense".

iTS the same thing only they use the terms when dealing with a particular field of physics
physics would use e=mc2
quantum mechanics would use the term information
particle physicists use the term sub atomic particles...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the good replies guys. That is what I was looking for.

And Phage, couldn't these techniques be implemented into a "faster than radio" communications technology?

I am assuming that this information transfer is almost instant no matter what the distance between the two entangled particles, based on my limited knowledge of quantum entanglement principals.

I may be wrong that is why I ask questions. So that I can learn more.

Do you think this could be utilized to create a communications system of some sort (in the distant future) that can send messages across the galaxy in a matter of seconds(or minutes)??

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

iTS the same thing only they use the terms when dealing with a particular field of physics
physics would use e=mc2
quantum mechanics would use the term information
particle physicists use the term sub atomic particles...

Thanks Loner, that is what I thought.

I was not aware they used separate terminologies though. Isn't this complicating the ability to share information from one discipline to the next slightly?

I mean look how it caused me to pause and go ??

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It is good to question things. That is exactly what researchers do. The problem is you. The researcher put in many hours of study. You did not. You may be curious, but you did not earn the right to be critical of the man's work.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So we have...

Energy Teleportation
Information Teleportation
Matter Teleportation

What if...

We teleported a human from here to the moon for instance.

1. Are "we" only flesh and blood?
2. If not, is it possible that we trully are Body, Soul, and Spirit?
3. If we have only mastered one of the 3 forms of teleportation above, lets say, "Matter."
4. Would we be teleporting a lifeless body to the moon, while the soul and spirit and consiousness remains here on earth?

How messed up that would be!

Same thing with if we mastered only one of the other three, would we only be able to teleport, the consiousness/soul (information teleportation) of a human while their spirit remains in there body, a body which continues to live, but in a vegetative state?

Mastering every possible form of teleportation before applying that to the teleporated subject should be the route to go.

If the subject lets say, a "ghost/soul" then would we be able to only use Information or Energy teleportation?

Appyling the correct number of forms of teleportation to whatever the subject is made of should also, be the route to go.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Solofront]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I am assuming that this information transfer is almost instant no matter what the distance between the two entangled particles, based on my limited knowledge of quantum entanglement principals.

When two particles are entangled, the change is instantaneous, it is real time. But if I am right in saying this...."The information we want to convey still has the limit of speed of light.

For example let us say there are 2 points (particles) A and B that are entangled. Then there is a point C. We measure point C (and that destroys the information in Point C). The information from point C is then transferred to Point A. Now the next step is to measure point B so that we know what information has been sent. Now for that someone from Point A must tell someone at Point B to measure point B. "THIS" information does not travel faster than light. So I think when we talk about teleportation, the information we get is always slower than light.

Here when I say "information" I do not mean quantum information, but any communication that we know in the usual sense (For example if we measure Point B to have a spin as UP then it means tomrrow is a holiday)

[edit on 6-2-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Longtimegone

It is good to question things. That is exactly what researchers do. The problem is you. The researcher put in many hours of study. You did not. You may be curious, but you did not earn the right to be critical of the man's work.

I earned the right to be critical by existing as a human on Earth.

You do not know how many hours I spend doing anything, you do not know what I studied at the University. You know nothing about me.

I could be Stephen Hawking and you have no clue, so your statements are purely ignorant attacks on my person.

What is that rule in science again, attack the argument not the person?

You have not debated any of my comments, you only immediately attacked my person.

"An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument."

"Person A makes claim X.
Person B makes an attack on person A.
Therefore A's claim is false."

www.nizkor.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
didn't Tesla discover wireless energy back in 1899?
im sure there were safety hazard related to it... but he was still the first.

and more recently i am sure i have read about some UK enginneers that have developed a device that can recharge your device 'wirelessly'
Wireless energy concept 2006
*ill try and find the developed article again

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Anyone know what I'm trying to get at, or am I just babbling in the background, lmao

If...

We decided to transport a human to the moon and the individual dropped "dead?" on the "teleporation pad"

Would it not be possible that we only teleported their soul or spirit to the destination while a living body is still here on earth but in a vegetative state?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Solofront

We decided to transport a human to the moon and the individual dropped "dead?" on the "teleporation pad"

You cannot teleport the actual individual to the moon. What is teleported is "information" about the individual and not the actual person. What you will find on the moon will be an exact copy of the person. And the original person will be destroyed after we teleport

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
hence, the reason for the duty to master ALL forms of teleporation before teleporting a subject composed of multiple forms of "life/substances/etc..."

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

You cannot teleport the actual individual to the moon. What is teleported is "information" about the individual and not the actual person. What you will find on the moon will be an exact copy of the person. And the original person will be destroyed after we teleport

yes, but if we are trully composed of not just physicalness, but as well as energy, would we not have to be able to use energy teleportation at the same time as the matter teleportation is being used?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

yes, but if we are trully composed of not just physicalness, but as well as energy, would we not have to be able to use energy teleportation at the same time as the matter teleportation is being used?

In theory yes we can, any thing that you feel, any consciousness, any memory, any "soul" yes you can teleport. But it has to be identified at an atomic scale, not something that we can do today

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join