It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you declaring your guns on the 2010 taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well even though I dont own or need a gun. the people around me insist on firearm protection. I say never bring a gun to a mind battle you will lose the war.
every coin has two sides be sure to check each out before making a decision.

anywho, I know nothing and G is all fired up and doing the Email thing today.
I got 4 emails from him already today and it just begun... this has been out there a while me thinks -- but we really dont know what our answer to this terrany is...
hell No -- or Here you go ... it aint gonna do you any good... what do you think,? America a large should do when faced with such - in your face oppression.

I TOLD YOU HE IS A SNAKE..........I'M SURE THAT ALL THE CRIMINALS AND MEXICANS WILL START FILING A INCOME TAX FORM EVERY YEAR AND SURELY TO PAY THE REQUIRED FEES...........G

SB:2099 and HR: 45 Warning!!!

It'll be a cold day in HELL, before I do this.!!!!!!

All guns to be listed on (2010) TAX RETURNS. Why is anyone surprised? You get what you vote for.

JUST AS I THOUGHT!!! THIS CHECKS OUT ON SNOPES! THEY ARE REALLY DOING IT. THIS IS THE START OF CONFISCATION OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS' GUNS!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

www.snopes.com...

Now 'all Guns' must be listed On your next (2010) tax return!

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!
Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb. 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act Of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama? ..... You must be kidding!

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, U.S. Senate. You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

Text of H.R. 45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. ... Open Congress

Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
It has begun . . . Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is.... this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!'

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it!

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: - It is registered - you are fingerprinted - You supply a current Driver's License - You supply your Social Security # - You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing - Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. - There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. - They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable by up to 5 yrs. In prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it..

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - Open Congress

H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Please.. Copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Senate Bill 2099 has absolutely nothing to do with firearms. Here is what THOMAS has to say about it:

S.2099
Title: A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain heaters.
Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 10/29/2009)
Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 10/29/2009 Referred to Senate committee.
Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Finance.

The bill hasn't even been voted on!

Here is a copy of the full text of the bill:

A BILL

To suspend temporarily the duty on certain heaters.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. CERTAIN HEATERS.

(a) In General- Subchapter II of chapter 99 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States is amended by inserting in numerical sequence the following new heading:

` 9902.01.00 Heaters (provided for in subheading 8708.99.81) certified by the importer to warm the interior and windshield of electrically powered vehicles of subheading 8703.90 in which an on board gasoline engine is used to run a generator that recharges the electric drive motor battery Free No change No change On or before 12/31/2011 '.

(b) Effective Date- The amendment made by subsection (a) applies to goods entered, or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption, on or after the 15th day after the date of the enactment of this Act.

Is "heater" some sort of new slang for firearm and needing to declare it on a tax return? By the way, this is the only SB-2099 that THOMAS returns in search results.

Now, as for HR45, where exactly in the bill does it say that firearms need to be declared on the 1040 in 2010? Or where in the bill that it says that they'll finger print you and put you up for a psychological exam at their whim? All you've stated is that in §305, it says that the gun has to be in a place not accessible to children; which isn't a bad thing.

Also, it's not a bad idea, to me, that you have to register your weapons. Can you give one reason why registering your weapon and such is a bad thing?

[edit on 2/6/2010 by octotom]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
HR 45 isn't law as far as I know.

Even if it was, I wouldn't declare any of the guns I own, if they have a problem with that, they can come over to my house to see if I have any guns or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

You're correct. Here's the snippet that THOMAS gives about H.R. 45, with the important line bolded:

H.R.45
Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Referred to House subcommittee.
Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
If it passes, what about antique guns/rifles that are collectors items?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
EVERY living American soul, able bodied or not, even anti gun people should declare that they own numerous guns. 10 or more, high caliber & powered guns of all sorts. 9 autos and one hand gun. OR NOBODY declare a thing.

Can you imagine the panic when the results of the survey are finally tabulated? The fear? The impossibility it leaves them with?

It's more than obvious this data will be used to answer a question, that question is: "What are we up against?" and the only result from the answer, if everyone exaggerates their claims will be another question on Gov's part: "How can we possibly win now?" Otherwise it will be "Alright... Northcom takes this half, Southcom takes this and the foreign troops will take "the sticks"...

Again... It's Xx*obvious*xX they are trying to answer a question that requires the demographics of armed household concentrations and the likely geographical zone a real revolution could start. The action in response to the demographic survey will be basing of domestic forces, type of troops, weapons logistics etc.

Bad data will provide an otherwise unlikely chance for the people.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

H.R.45
Title: To provide for the implementation of a system of licensing for purchasers of certain firearms and for a record of sale system for those firearms, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Referred to House subcommittee.
Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

***AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.***

The gates of possibilities are wide open with this baby.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Um.
The bill was referred to a subcommittee a year ago. It has not gotten out of committee and probably will not.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Read the entirety of the snopes article.

To answer the OP, if I DID have guns, I wouldn't state here whether or not I planned on reporting them!
I mean... think about it. This is the Internet. EVERYONE can see this. I'm just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Either way it's on the wish list. These things have to be crushed before they grow legs.

If there is a declaration it would be wise for people to organize a peaceful protest of non declaration or inaccurate declaration.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

The bill does not contain any wording about reporting gun ownership on your Form 1040. It concerns a national gun licensing program. The OP is just wrong. Read it yourself:
HR 45

The following organizations oppose the bill:

Concerned Citizens for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
U.S. Concealed Carry Association
Kansas State Rifle Association
Americans for the Constitution
Liberty Belles
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
Gun Owners of America
National Association for Gun Rights
Christian Liberty Party
Young Americans for Liberty
John Birch Society
Firearms Coalition
National Shooting Sports Foundation
McHenry County Sportsmen's Association
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

None support the bill.

This letter has been submitted:
www.govtrack.us...

You may also make your own feelings known by communicating with your representatives in Washington.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I already filed my taxes and got an electronic refund. There were no questions about my firearms and reporting to the Internal Revenue Service the quantity of the same.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No. I will NEVER let the government know how many weapons i own. It isn't there business what i own anyways.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This must be a lie or a hoax. I have already filed my taxes, received refund. There is absolutely NOTHING about guns on the tax forms. Nothing.

[edit on February 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is no requirement to report an inventory of firearms on this years Federal Income Tax Returns.

Variations: An August 2009 version of the Blair Holt email combined it with a Handgun Safety and Registration Act (SB2099) e-mail that falsely claims a bill before Congree would require all handgun owners to list their firearms on their federal income tax returns. These are two distinctly different bills.
My Emphasis

Snopes Link

Please stop perpetuating false information...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Dude, this is just proposed legislation... ain't law yet.
By the way, saw where the IRS has 60 combat shotguns on order...
lets see, there's about 20,000 folks in my county...and about an average of 3 guns per household...hmmm, that's 60,000 firearms in our county...
yup, sounds like good odds to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Not sure how bad an idea this is. In one FL County on the news 13 guns were stolen from vehicles and in 11 of the cases the cars were unlocked.

This means the thieves are getting guns from law abiding citizens who are breaking the law by walking away and leaving their cars unlocked.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't file tax returns

Have not since 2003.

In fact i am not required to file tax returns as i have no income under the tax laws.

I guess that i don't have to declare my guns if i don't pay taxes.
:lol :

new topics

top topics

join