It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Law makes Fotification Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It just keeps getting worse and worse...how much more straw can the camel carry?

Oklahoma has a new law that makes it a crime to “fortify” a citizen’s home against possible entry by law enforcement.

State Rep. Sue Tibbs was one of the sponsors of a bill that makes it unlawful for “any person to willfully fortify an access point into any dwelling, structure, building or other place where a felony offense prohibited by the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act is being committed, or attempted, and the fortification is for the purpose of preventing or delaying entry or access by a law enforcement officer, or to harm or injure a law enforcement officer in the performance of official duties.”

The law took effect Nov. 1.

The law states that to “fortify an access point” means to willfully construct, install, position, use or hold any material or device designed to injure a person upon entry or to strengthen, defend, restrict or obstruct any door, window or other opening into a dwelling, structure, building or other place to any extent beyond the security provided by a commercial alarm system, lock or deadbolt, or a combination of alarm, lock or deadbolt

Who are these people that pass these laws? I would have to say wanna-be Nazi's.
All this is , is a prelude to the comming martial law.....makes a lot easier to kick in your door.

Watch the crime rate go up.....Hey Louie....look no locks.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Again infowars focuses attentions on the hype instead of accuracy...

to willfully fortify an access point into any dwelling, structure, building or other place where a felony offense prohibited by the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act is being committed, or attempted, and the fortification is for the purpose of preventing or delaying entry or access by a law enforcement officer,

It's only against the law if you're already breaking the law.

[edit: to add]

don't barricade your home or residence if you intend to manufacture, sell, distribute illegal substances.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I agree they hype up stuff. But now that it is in place or law , all that has to be done is ammend it.....like so many other laws have. I still think its just another way of control and could be used in any reference....like not wanting to get vacinated perhaps.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It said commercial alarm systems are fine.

So I will go into business selling my brand MuzzleFlash Alarm System.

It is very simple.

I set a shotgun up at your front door, and tie a rope from the door handle to the trigger. So when someone breaks in, your "alarm" goes off, and stops the intruder in his tracks.

When you hear this shotgun "alarm" go BOOM, you now know that your house is being intruded upon.

To be fair I will set up a sign outside your house that says "WARNING: MuzzleFlash Shotgun Alarm System Locked and Loaded"

See our Govt is dumb. We can work our way around these rules so easily. They should have said "Only commercial alarm systems composed on sirens and other non-lethal means."

But they did not say that, they simply said "Commercial Alarm System".

So I can basically turn my Shotgun Alarm into a Commercial product service, and you now are compliant with this stupid ridiculous law.

Stupid lawyers don't think things through these days...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
building or other place to any extent beyond the security provided by a commercial alarm system

Who are these people that pass these laws?

Idiots who leave wide open loopholes.

It said "any extent beyond a commercial alarm system".

So basically they are saying that any problems a "Commercial Alarm System" poses are acceptable problems.

Thus...We can use my product/service!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I guess another point I wanted to make , is along the same line as how many more laws do we need....its just getting out of hand. It has come to the point that everyone in the US is breaking a law one way or another.

In Kansas you get a ticket for not having lights on while your windshield wipers are going. How sad is that?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

They've had that law here in PA for quite a few years. I don't see any big deal about it. Wipers on typically equates to reduced visibility or inclement weather. The headlight law would seem a good thing and most likely has a significant impact on the number of accidents under those types of conditions.

Drivers more aware of oncoming or surrounding traffic.

This law would seem to have been inspired due to the number of law enforcement either injured or incapacitated as a result of various barricades and/or "booby traps" ... as well as hindering access to a location which might afford sufficient time to "get rid of" evidence.

While I don't see any real cause for law-abiding citizens to be alarmed, I also don't see where they think it's going to prove an effective means of reducing or eliminating the actions and efforts of those targeted by such legislation - Criminals.

They're already breaking the controlled substance laws so what the hey for an additional tacked-on charge of hindering access or what-have-you. ? (if they get caught) ?
?

Makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I also drive with my lights on , I think it makes yous 15% less likey to be hit which are good odds.

As for the OP, you win....I get to worked up about the constant new laws. I will disciplin myself and stay off of Infowars for a month.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ok, so now we need a list of who voted for and against this law so we can know who are sold out to the NWO and who are not. When is the next election anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Like 98% of the laws on the books this one is pointless.

If you want to fortify go ahead and fortify. What makes it a pointless law is that for anyone to know it's being broken the cops would have to ne forcing their way into your home to begin with. If the cops are forcing their way into your home go ahead and do whatever the hell you want. You're already either going to jail or being shot to death so what does it matter.

Wiper laws are just as pointless. If you're too dumb to realize you cant see where the hell youre going youre definitely too dumb to remember "oh jeez I better turn my wipers on for the police man."

Which brings me to "distracted driver" laws. In most places it's against the law to drive "distracted" whatever that means. But obviously that blanket law is ineffective. So they go on passing individual distraction laws regarding phone use, eating, texting, reading, shaving, crocheting etc... and still people too stupid to realize reading the newspaper while driving is a bad idea carry on undeterred by any law.

So what's the point? A source of revenue by ticketing? An excuse to stop and search you and your car? Petty control for kicks?

What's the point?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe now home fortification will be treated as a reason for suspicion....

It is illegal to fortify a home where you are committing crimes, ergo a fortified home might have crimes being committed in it.

We are screwed.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Pigs and prosecuters are always twisting laws to their favor!
'
i was in a minor accident,and received a dui because i had back surgery and had taken pain meds. 2 days earlier ...*SNIP* and then drive 2 weeks later, you can get a dui!!....freedom is gone poeple!!..what is left but revolt??

mod edit, fix ALL CAPS and remove drug reference

[edit on Sat Feb 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 13AJJONES

uh huh... because people (maybe like you) can't *SNIP* and get away with it all the time... lets revolt. You can't think of a better reason???

mod edit, remove drug reference

[edit on Sat Feb 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 13AJJONES

My mom has had problems with a broken leg for almost 15 years now, it won't heal. She went to get groceries one day and ended up getting pulled over with a DUI even though she was prescribed the meds. She hadn't been speeding or driving wrecklessly but they followed her almost 5 miles before pulling her over. She ended up passing the road to our house just to avoid getting a ticket right in front of the house for our neighbors to see. I had to go pick up the car and the cops treated me like I was doing something wrong when I got there. To me it was clear targetting for ticket revenue. The judge ended up dismissing the charges in exchange for some class and not driving while under the influence of meds anymore... worked out on her end but still stupid none the less.

I think this new law is to target people fortifying their houses regardless if they're breaking the law or not. TPTB doesn't want you to be able to combat their objectives, even if on a defensive level on your own property.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
By law we also aren't allowed to shoot whales, or eat peanuts in church.

True story. God bless oklahoma.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The point is that the judge can now add a brutal and unjust sentence for any crime you commit on a whim. This works with any crime. If you steal that is bad. But if you wore gloves that is a burglary tool and you're in for another year. And forget about getting out if you had gloves, a flashlight, and didn't register with South Carolina as a thief. Littering? Why not a year in prison? $25 fine for littering, six months for being distracted while littering, and six months for not reporting yourself to the police after you've littered. They could also add a $1,000 plus 1 more year because you didn't pre-register with the state as a litterer. We live in a police state and it can get much worse.

I'd suggest people look into the Free State Project and also Seasteading.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
No big deal. It is only illegal if you are already commiting a felony.

Fortify your homes Oklahomans, just don't do so while commiting a felony. That would just add on to your jail time.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by naught
By law we also aren't allowed to shoot whales, or eat peanuts in church.

True story. God bless oklahoma.

Every State has what is called dead laws. In one state you aren't allowed to drink beer out of a bucket on Sunday. That one goes back to the days before beer was bottled.

Lawmakers just haven't gone through the books and gotten rid of those so called laws.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Our Council is removing the fortifications on a gang site - that is a great thing to do I think.

We should not need to be fortified.

top topics

join