It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges Congress to back small business plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Obama urges Congress to back small business plan

news.google.com

President Barack Obama on Saturday appealed to fellow Democrats and rival Republicans to back a plan to use $30 billion in bank bailout funds to help small businesses.

Obama has faced opposition to the proposal from Republicans who want money paid back to the government by big banks returned to the U.S. Treasury for deficit reduction.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Exactly what problems do the republicans have against loaning small businesses money, considering how much money continues to be outright given or loaned to big businesses. What could any politician have against tax breaks fro small businesses?

I think small businesses are the road to the future, and big corporations are the blockades. More than ever we need a push for the creation of small businesses. It is becoming more and more evident that there is no real future in working for a corporation, where you are just a number.

news.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Once we were a nation of farmers, and each farm was an independent business.

Then in the 50ties, we became a nation of factory workers. Jobs paid well, and we thrived as a nation.

Then in the 80ties, companies began shifting manufacturing overseas, and the jobs began to dry up. Even when new technology is developed here in the U.S., corporations quickly ship it overseas.

With modern technology, we are now capable of mass producing goods in a small work environment. If we own our own manufacturing companies, we don't need to rely on corporations. We could produce goods and services cheaper than overseas labor with the high overhead costs of corporations.

It is time to reinvent our world, again.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is from the idiot who single-handed destroyed small business in this country. Thanks to our Kenyan fearless leader who dissolved the Small Business Administration as part of the greatest heist in history. Small business in America disappeared overnight. My parents own a small business and are in a industry that is populated by only small businesses. Virtually overnight, nearly half of the industry just disappeared and the rest lost about half of it's economic power thanks to this con-man piece of garbage. This 30 billion is a #ing jokes and won't do anything. I'd be willing to bet the 30 billion is going to the small businesses that contract out to defense companies and the criminals that got the first and second bailout.

Obama needs to be slapped in the face repeatedly for destroying small business in this country. I've seen and lived it first hand. This man is a joke.

new topics

top topics

join