It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second wave of swine flu set to strike (Australia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I Just heard this on a news break but the only article i can find is 3 weeks old.

HEALTH experts are warning that Australians can expect a second wave of swine flu, possibly as early as the beginning of the school year just a fortnight away.

With a new report finding Australia's public health response failed to prevent the H1N1 pandemic last year - and that mass casualties and a collapse of the health system would have resulted had it not been a benign strain - the Australian Medical Association has said it is likely swine flu will strike again.

AMA vice-president Steven Hambleton, a member of the national pandemic planning committee, said yesterday it would be difficult to prevent a "second wave" as the virus was again sweeping the northern hemisphere.

It has also overtaken all other strains of the virus as the dominant variety of influenza.

IMO i think its just a scare tactic to get kids to take the shot before they go back to school.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by wycky]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well I'll be ready.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a35519a5d87b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

the impact that "swine" flu had on Australia was minimal in comparison to other places

Me, being Aussie and all didnt really care much about it.. didnt get a shot for it.. didnt wear a mask. nothing..
agreed that its a scare tactic too...

join