It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Patches on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
NASA can support what it wants (or, as it has made today, in the caption dedicated to this frame, it can not say absolutely nothing), but the “GREEN SPOT” that see with extreme clarity on the Mars Surface in this most recent image obtained from the French Astronomical Observatory “Midi-Pyrénées” ARE NOT, the product of simple - or curious - chromatic aberration.
Also in other ( but accurate and certainly sure professional) color-processing the “green” does appear, on Mars, more and more often: even in superficial frames , or in the orbital frames .
Perhaps it would be the case to make, to the more opportune levels of competence, some serious analisys on the real "Nature" and, eventually, the capacity of this phenomenon…
www.cloudynights.com...

apod.nasa.gov...

Caption NASA:"It's Spring for the Northern Hemisphere of Mars and Spring on Mars usually means Dust Storms. So the dramatic brown swath of dust (top) marking the otherwise white North Polar Cap in this picture of the Red Planet is not really surprising. Taking advantage of the good views of Mars currently possible near opposition and its closest approach to planet Earth in 2010, this sharp image shows the evolving Dust Storm extending from the large dark region known as Mare Acidalium below the Polar Cap. It was recorded on February 2nd, 2010, with the 1 meter telescope at Pic Du Midi, a mountain top observatory in the French Pyrenees".

BIZARRE! The Friends of Pasadena have seen the “ Brown Strip” that cuts to the North Polar Cap , but they do not see the "Green Strip" that spreads from the Plain of Acidalia, until the Region of Vastitas Borealis and then “it comes down”, crossing the Equatorial Regions (with a part of Planum Meridians), for therefore reaching until the doors of the Earth of Noachis, in the depths of the Austral Mars Hemisphere.

Why NASA always chosen DELIBERATELY to ignore the eventuality that “something new and of unexpected”, on Mars, like perhaps on Pluto or Titan and Enceladus, is really happening?
But of what scares NASA? Or they just suffer of "Daltonism/Color blindness"?

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Imagir]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Imagir]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
What green dot?

I don't see it.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Cut the crap.

Where's the dot?

Circle it or something, because I can't make heads or tails of your OP.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread541371/pg1#pid8052276]post by Im

Well, that is unusual,
Great find.
Star and Flag!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Apparently, you haven't done any research and just decided to fling a picture onto ATS in hopes of credibility. However, we don't appreciate such things.

Without ANY research at all, you should have noticed the link (ON the link you've provided) to THIS page, where the original picture was presented, obviously without any green.

There is no green. You probably knew that.

Strype

Edit: Darn Link!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Strype]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I have heard and read hat the Govmt PSI SPIES, have remote viewed Mars and have reported remarkable things that the Martians are doing. They are trying to rebuild their world.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Martian Blue-green Algae!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Created???
What they state is,"We have used IR, R, G, B, and UV filters."

Your broad brush that you paint with here has failed !

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Double Posted. I apologize.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Strype

Created???
What they state is,"We have used IR, R, G, B, and UV filters."

Your broad brush that you paint with here has failed !

Created wasn't the word I meant to use. I apologize. Regardless, it was taken in IR, R, G, B and UV. So why are we supposed to believe that we're looking at "green" patches on Mars? Where does it say we're viewing a TC (true colored) image? Why doesn't he mention anything about abnormal colors in his photos? If you took pictures of foilage on mars, would you be casually posting them onto an astronomy forum?

Strype

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Imagir

All I'm asking is the location of the green dot, it's not an unreasonable request, but you choose to act like *Snip* about it, why am
I not suprised(SIC)?

May I also point out that to get the image, the photographer used Infrared, Red, Green, Blue and Ultra Violet filters, hardly an indication of true colour.

[edit on 6/2/10 by Chadwickus]

Chad old chap, I say, if red, green blue are not just colors, but primary colors, what then are True colors?
The green area is just north of the south polar area in the lower right.
Perhaps if you tuned up your monitor a bit you might be able to see it better,
As I recall, you had a hard time seeing the photo of Mars that I posted yesterday.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Violater1]

Removed Insult

[edit on 2/6/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

[SNIP]

Each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe is featured, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.

Here the source From NASA!
apod.nasa.gov...

personal attack removed

[edit on 6/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Quote from Strype
“I've shown the original "visible" image. Do you see any green on it?”

Uh Oh…I see no photo.
Hay that rhymes.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

What a beautiful photo. But I did notice that the stars are missing.
Again, NASA air brushing!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

What? People can't open the picture up in paint and make a circle?
I notice you still haven't managed to do it either.

Using red, green and blue may give the appearance of true colour but then using a UV and IR filter is not going to represent true colourl.

But I digress, all I want to see is this green spot as Imagir put it.

Oh and why he believes it is of interest?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
reply to post by Imagir

What a beautiful photo. But I did notice that the stars are missing.
Again, NASA air brushing!

It's not NASA's photo, notice the credit and copyright is credited to Jean-Luc Dauvergne and Francois Colas?

Plus you can see plain as day that the picture has been cropped and pasted onto a black background, no doubt by Jean-Luc Dauvergne and/or Francois Colas.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Nasa call this image "Dust Storm on Mars" and do not say absolutely nothing about the colours.

[SNIP]

Removed personal attack

[edit on 6/2/10 by masqua]

<<   2  3 >>

join