It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on in Switzerland?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I thought this was a good summary to the paranoia of the article-

BB on Feb 6, 1:59 AM said:
Hmm, let's see. Scuttlebutt that UBS is tits up, now this currency intervention. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Does anyone else out there think that what we are now seeing is a war? The "hidden hands" are fighting the debt implosion because if it blows, they lose power.

...interesting.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

I don't know man.

To me not really too much is conspiracy in the marketplace.

A lot of people cannot rationalize what kind of money institutions and hedge funds really play with. When the market jumps or divebombs it's always because of JP and Friends or Uncle Ben.

In this specific marketplace I cannot say, one because it's totally unregulated basically, and 2 - you will never find out.

I am guessing 99% of the time it's what I stated earlier, pro's gaming the market at illiquid times. Once they hit all the buy stops - this converts into market orders and let the bots follow / then you have the arbitrage bots that outsmarted my dumbass and took my money - - this causes things to happen in the marketplace like settings off a fat roll of blackcats.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Boom!

The Swiss are at it again trying to kill their own currency. Good luck on that race to the bottom.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join