It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Unilateral Delusions Making Comeback?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The Washington Note

There are some who worry that America's eagerness to throttle Iran without respecting and working through the resolutions machinery of United Nations will undermine the ability of other key powers -- particularly Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Japan -- to maintain public support for America's position. Some in Europe are worried that American unilateralist tendencies are perking up again.

The larger trends in both China policy and on Iran are worrisome. In the China case, America -- all of a sudden -- seems to be tethering itself to policies designed to frustrate China's own political and policy goals, inevitably raising the price of China's cooperation with the United States on other vital fronts and undermining the chances of the US achieving some of its most important global objectives.

Strangely I'm gonna "agree" with 'the unilaterists' on this one. That'll put me on the same side with the AIPAC (a pro-Israel lobby group), man that's just rich.

It's because I feel like it's the 11th hour and something just needs to be done.

Related article: NEWS: Israel lobby pushes unilateral sanctions on Iran through US Senate

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Following the recent development, it turns out this whole iran issue is somewhat overblown. I just found out that russia is not going to back iran. It's pretty much ended there, if russia doesn't back iran, there isn't much that china can do. But we'll see tomorrow, let see what the regime will say.

Unless china is going to veto any sanction regarding iran, then things could get ugly pretty quick.

[edit on Wed, 10 Feb 10 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The screwed up part about all this is it won't be the regime that suffers most. It will be the Iranian people.

Sucks when they want their ptb gone more than anyone else.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by DaMod]

new topics

join