It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Salla: Certifiably insane or brilliant charlatan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think you would be surprised how easy it is for aliens even really tall ones get away without being noticed especially in this modern world!

Well let me put this way when you see someone different from a young child your mother told you not to stare.

Then there is when we are out shopping or doing something the mind is distracted most of the time, So most of the time people never notice!

Then you see a 8' bloke shopping you think of the most reasonable explanation "What team does he play for?"

Then if you even seen an alien the mind will put some spin on it too make it seem like a normal occurrence.

Look at magicians if you don't think it's easy to trick people!

The truth is most aliens look way more normal than Marilyn Manson

[edit on 6-2-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

G'day MOTT the Hoople

So what do you think.....

Is this.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c830bbbf0ce.jpg[/atsimg]

.....an alien?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I’ve never heard of one showing their bodies in public, normally they appear like this:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
There is no such thing as a looney. someone who believes so is just so ignorant that their view is right. Looneys just have a different view.

Then there are liars....

You said there's no such thing as a Looney and then proceeded to provide attributes for them. If there's no such thing, they cannot have a different view; if they don't have a view, it is consistent with them not existing. A different view is a view. No view is not a different view. You said they have a different view, which is a view, which means you acknowledge they exist. You say it is ignorant to believe there's no such thing as a looney. You also say ignorance is responsible for their view being right. You are correct, ignorance indeed would be responsible for someone believing looneys do not exist and they would believe this is right.

Ok, so there's liars and looneys. What makes the distinction? The former intends to deceive and the latter doesn't know?

Looneys are liars that don't know they're lying to themselves, so they lie to others. I suppose they don't know the difference.

Liars are looneys in that they deceive themselves into believing it's ok to lie to others. I suppose they don't know the difference.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That's not an alien. It's some guy that spent all day on a boat getting drunk and had to take a whiz by the pine tree.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by gandhi
There is no such thing as a looney. someone who believes so is just so ignorant that their view is right. Looneys just have a different view.

Then there are liars....

You said there's no such thing as a Looney and then proceeded to provide attributes for them. If there's no such thing, they cannot have a different view; if they don't have a view, it is consistent with them not existing. A different view is a view. No view is not a different view. You said they have a different view, which is a view, which means you acknowledge they exist. You say it is ignorant to believe there's no such thing as a looney. You also say ignorance is responsible for their view being right. You are correct, ignorance indeed would be responsible for someone believing looneys do not exist and they would believe this is right.

Ok, so there's liars and looneys. What makes the distinction? The former intends to deceive and the latter doesn't know?

Looneys are liars that don't know they're lying to themselves, so they lie to others. I suppose they don't know the difference.

Liars are looneys in that they deceive themselves into believing it's ok to lie to others. I suppose they don't know the difference.

I think you made it a lot more confusing than it is.

If he doesn't know he's lying to himself, he's delusional. It's either that or he knows and does it anyway to sell tickets to his frequent exopolitics conferences.

I tend to lean towards the ladder, I think he knowingly takes advantage of the more gullible people in the UFO community to supplement his retirement fund. I mean this stuff is just too absurd...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Jezz Zombie

SO What brung out the knives dude!

IF it's a matter of trust!I rather trust Salla over you mate!He put's it on the line what have you ever done sport?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Someone with an antisocial personality disorder doesn't in any way constitute some level of loonyness?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm not asking you to trust me, trust has absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact, you should never blindly trust anyone. All I'm doing is presenting evidence that leads any thinking person to one of two conclusions; he's nuts, or, he's a charlatan.

... Or, I suppose you could blindly follow him to crazy town if you like.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So mate what makes you think Salla is a liar?All he ever does publish other peoples encounters! He has always suspended he's judgment of there claims "he is a true skeptic of the classical order!"

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

If he'll write me a pretty check for it, I'll share mine with him and call him the most honest man in the world. Until such time, I'll keep most all of it to myself until the right buyer comes along.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I'm going with self-deluded with aspects of charlatanism. These are intelligent people, yet they sit at these X-Conference 'round tables' talking crap and nodding sagely at others talking crap. Salla is as guilty as any of them.

IMHO, Exopolitics and the godamn Examiner are amongst the worst and most unreliable sources for information about UFOs. It's the intelligence of these guys that makes them so suspect...that and the profits they make from all the exopolitics BS.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Is the mean ing of life becoming clearer with you guys?

– 0 +

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Her Majesty court is now in session!

Bring a conclusive case against this man?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

Well yea, in terms of the blue & red pill, it’s no biggie:

DI Land / Heaven

Hell doesn’t exist.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Since the Crown prosecutor in it's allotted time has failed to provided any evidence of guilt! The Crown-Finds Michael Salla innocent of all charges!!!And is free under he's on cognizance!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

Not sure that's possible when he hasn't offered any extraordinary evidence to bolster his claims.

He is guilty by association due to his involvement with Jeff Peckman and Bob Dean. Dean is a wild liar, but was taken seriously by the Exopolitics crowd. Any adult with an ounce of critical thinking can see that Dean is a liar...allowing him to speak at X-Cons condones deceit.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
No that is Heresay! Bring a convincing case? Her Majesty will not reopen this case!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join