It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthew Stafford heroics: last second win uncut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I saw this a few weeks ago on the weekly NFL Presents show. I saw it on youtube and thought what the hell, I know a few people sometimes come down here to BTS so a few people might see this. It's pretty damned cool as Stafford gets hurt and well, if you are here you probably already know the outcome anyway but the clip is as cool as they get. Stafford has guts. I don't think I could have done it. He says his shoulder popped in and out on the second play, must have hurt like all hell.

For those who don't know it, the weekly NFL Presents show during the season is quite fascinating. I've seen stories in the last couple of years on how football players(Ray Lewis, notably) warm up with Phil Collin's "In the Air Tonight" - go figure - to Styx's "Renegade" being used as a rally in Pittsburgh when the Steelers are down - complete with a interview on Tommy Shaw about the writing of the song - and other odd stories on the fringe of football that are really fascinating. Stories on the guys with the red gloves - they control the timeouts for television, the different types of ways one can release the chin strap, the stiff arm(really cool segment there) and other out there stuff.

new topics

join