It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical "Contact".....Your Move.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there. Hypothetically of course.

To all believers, skeptics, and everyone in between.

If you were confronted with a visit from new beings from afar, how would you fair?

Let's say for instance that it's early evening, Venus is shining bright, the moon is rising on the horizon, a few stars are waking up, the birds are journeying home to roost and you're wondering what to have for dinner as you take in the last of a warm spring day.

There, next to Venus, is a new light. Shining bright and growing as you watch.

Closer and closer, bigger and bigger, brighter and brighter.

As the moments go by, a million thoughts go through your head.

As events unfold, what started as a tiny prick of light in the sky has now grown to a large, metallic craft, disk shaped and slightly oval, hovering 50 feet in the air and decending towards the ground immediately infront of you.

Electricity fills the air and a landing seems imminent.

30 feet.........20.......10.......touchdown.

Will you run, should you hide, maybe phone someone, dash to get your camera, change your underwear, quickly start a new "breaking news" thread, get your gun or stand fast, proud and strong?

It's up to you now. Ambassador for the human race.....what would you do, what would you say, what can you expect?

The door slides open and........

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I do my best to erase every bit of my filthy human-ness and approach these space folk in best shape I can maintain, and I try my butt off at making a good impression.

I'd keep my mind all happy and out going, my hands where they can see em, my eyes on everything I can and then just try and "make some friends".

Frankly...it would be great, even if I was vaporized seconds later.

The only thing that would matter is "knowing" that moment.

Good thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Aliens are from the afterlife.

Aliens are the afterlife bastards.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soderbergh

I didn't create this thread so you could spout unprovable and rude statements like that.

"ZAP"! they just fried you with their rayguns.

Being hypothetical, you get another chance.

Here they come again........

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'd probably stand in awe, then run like I never run before yelling "HOLY F'N SH*T" over and over. Why? Because of all the alien abduction and human mutilation stories I've read. People's anuses being bored out while alive etc. I can't even trust my own species, there is noway in hell I'm trusting something that just arrived from space.

If I escaped, I would have serious trouble sleeping because I'd think "they" would be back for me. I'd stay at a friends place with the doors and windows locked and stay awake for as long as I can. Rocking back and forth in a corner. After the shock has passed, I'd probably have some mental condition because my mind has been blown then thrown into a mental facility where I would be studied.

After I'm considered mentally unfit, I'll be put in a strait-jacket in a padded room for everyone safety. I shortly die lonely in a cell caused by self inflicting wounds because of the depression.

So please, if aliens want to visit don't come to me first.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
....shoot first, poke it with the gun barrel, shoot it again (double tap) then ask questions.....

line 2

[edit on 5-2-2010 by wdkirk]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I didn't create this thread so you could spout unprovable and rude statements like that.

"ZAP"! they just fried you with their rayguns.

Being hypothetical, you get another chance.

Here they come again........

Well der... what substance is the soul made of?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would probably be frozen in shock and terror... I don't I think I would be fearful of death, or threatened... just absolutely shocked at the reality of the moment.

I would try to take my phone out of my pocket to take a picture, but my hands would be to shaky and frozen to function.

Without preparation, I wouldn't have a clue what to say first, so I would use every ounce of my courage and strength to do one thing:

smile

Good thread!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good Thread

i guess i would not be thinking to straight to start with but the aussie in me would probably offer beer.. that is if they were not hostile... i think i would be curious and more than likely want a hand shake at least.. thats if they hand shake. probably need a underwear change to. but i would stand my ground...
i would love for it to happen.. man what an experience

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Oh dear, now they're going to probe your soul.....with a big shiny, spikey probe on a wobbly stick.

"Der"

Third time lucky?

Originally posted by carbonblack
i guess i would not be thinking to straight to start with but the aussie in me would probably offer beer.

I have images of you rolling on the grass with drunk aliens singing "waltzing matilda"...lol

I'm glad they landed at your place. Nice one!

[edit on 5/2/2010 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would hide where I could keep an eye on them. I guess if time allowed I would call someone, but not sure who. I wouldn't trust them. You just don't know anything about them. I would hate to assume they are the good guys then find out the hard way that they arn't. LOL
I would advise extreme caution.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by carbonblack
i guess i would not be thinking to straight to start with but the aussie in me would probably offer beer.

I have images of you rolling on the grass with drunk aliens singing "waltzing matilda"...lol

I'm glad they landed at your place. Nice one!

[edit on 5/2/2010 by nerbot]

well atleast it would break the ice.. might save the old anus from imminent probing

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Come out armed, demand a show of intent, if peaceful, welcome them and ask if there was anything I could do to help.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Hmmmmmmm............well, I can only guess what I would do. However, I did experience the flying ship that these hypothetical aliens might have arrived in. I, at first stood in awe.........then it came too close for my comfort and I got rather anxious. Lucky for me, it backed off. I just might have soiled my panties. Next, time, though, I will be better prepared and hold my ground. Then, though, if one of the critters presents itself to me, I hope that I will be able to offer it a few swigs of the Jim Beam that I would probably have been partaking of. Maybe that would be a sign of friendship? Oh, how I hope the critter hasn't tasted Maker's Mark already, cuz then it might take my offer as an insult and fry me with it's phaser.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Finally, a fun thread!
Being a believer that things occur for a reason...Had they decided to aquaint themselves with me, I'd allow it.

I don't drink or drug so I can't really be a fun host. But I can arm-wrestle, leg wrestle, thumb wrestle. And if they have the humility to accept my challenge to a game of chess, I'd graciously allow them to win that game too.

So now they've determined I was too naive, or gullable, too bad for them I have a trick up my sleeve in case they assume I'm an easy target to probe. If it bleeds, it can die...So they better come in peace, or I'll cut them into pieces. Then feed 'em to my dog. If he won't eat 'em, I'll grill 'em up for the neighborhood BBQ!!!

"What's on the menu, Host?"
"Caught me some aliens the other night!"
OK fun over, I'd give 'em a proper burial, if the truth be known. But I wouldn't tell the story.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I do nothing more than quickly move away from them. As I do not believe they have good intentions, no matter how great and 'amazing' they may seem. If anyone else tells me, "no they've come to help and to restore peace", or anything along these lines, I stand firm and stay as far away as possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd tell them they are too late and that reptilian shape shifters have taken over. I'd offer them some faces and names and offer a bounty of 1 cubit & 72 well used former virgins + a counterfeit nobel prize per head on a bisphenol-a laced wal mart-sold, made in china, plastic food platter made from chinese slave labor and a clever assortment of recycled hypodermic needles composed of various dow chemical goodies. LOL!

Uhm really... Nah I would definitely ask them how their leadership worked and how the lowest class feels about the leadership. If it's the same as here, I would tell them that they are to go to the nearest cow field to speak to our leaders and to especially find the president, you know, the black and white spotty one.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I would probably pee a little. Then I would quickly hide behind something and poke my head out to be able to see. I would then grab my cell phone out of my pocket and shoot videos and pictures of them...because, let's face it...nobody is going to believe me! Then I would proceed to crap my pants. Then once I was devoid of all bodily fluids and realized that they appeared to be benevolent creatures I would probably awkwardly walk up to them and do the spock-sign or something. Then they would kill me with their lazer-inducing navels. The End.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
edit for weird double posting

[edit on 5-2-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

But I can arm-wrestle, leg wrestle, thumb wrestle. And if they have the humility to accept my challenge to a game of chess, I'd graciously allow them to win that game too.

something tells me that they would chess in a blink of an eye

So now they've determined I was too naive, or gullable, too bad for them I have a trick up my sleeve in case they assume I'm an easy target to probe. If it bleeds, it can die...So they better come in peace, or I'll cut them into pieces. Then feed 'em to my dog. If he won't eat 'em, I'll grill 'em up for the neighborhood BBQ!!!

please invite me.. i love a good BBQ

top topics

<<   2 >>

join