It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Been Invisible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Probably the wrong place for this, but where does one put invisibility?

One of my friends tells me she can be invisible when she puts her mind to it.
She is not known for telling tall tales and I got the impression she was pretty serious. It was described in terms of energy being emitted.

I told her I felt invisible sometimes, particularly when in retail situations. She said that I was partially invisible because I neither put out nor took in energy (she called me a null, which certainly sounds like an insult).

I've never seen my friend do her trick. I have noticed, however, when I'm at work, people will walk into the room I share with ten others, stare straight at me, then walk away, as if I wasn't there. I'm not claiming to be invisible but it happens time after time. If only I could do this trick at will

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

My whole life....I just don't ever stand out. I blend into the background. Probably not what you meant.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yes, for the majority of school, I was completely invisible to the prettiest of girls.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes!

But when I became a teenager - - I thought someone would find out - - so I stopped it.

It was spontaneous - - I did not do it by choice or on purpose - - but was able to consciously stop it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, I think everyone feels invisible at some time. I know that I have. I think much of it depends on how much energy you project. It's true that some people go through life just existing and not doing that very proficiently.

However, all of that aside, there may actually be an art to it. They say that ninjas mastered the art of invisibility many centuries ago. Whether that is true, I know not.

It's time to let you in on the secrets of true invisibility. It starts simple, with a mental exercise that you can practise whenever you have a quiet moment. Here's what you have to do:

Sit somewhere you can feel relaxed
Close your eyes
Imagine what it might feel like to be invisible
Picture yourself living out your invisible fantasies
After about five minutes of this, concentrate on one part of your body - a fingertip is a good choice - and will it to become invisible. See it in your mind's eye as it slowly becomes transparent, revealing what is behind it.
Once it is invisible in your mind, hold that thought for as long as possible. You may find your mind begins to wander. If it does, don't worry, relax. Wait a while, and try again.
To begin with you may only be able to hold that thought for a few seconds, or perhaps a minute at most. Keep practising. You'll need to be able to hold that thought uppermost in your mind for at least FIVE minutes before continuing on to stage 2. Distractions are, unfortunately, inevitable, but with enough practise, you'll find you are able to ignore them.
Keep repeating this exercise for at least three weeks. If you still haven't reached five minutes, stick with it - it will happen. Some people have taken two or more months to achieve this, but everyone who has stuck with it has made it to five minutes.
The best way to time yourself is to glance at a clock before you begin to concentrate. When your mind begins to wander - however slight it may be - open your eyes again and check the clock. You may be surprised how long you kept that thought going.
Invisibility

According to what I can gather,it is psychological. Again, to me, it is a matter of how much energy you project.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I tell you the truth; if I get too much attention I'll ask the person who is looking at me, "What, do I have a growth or something growing out of my head? Something wrong?"

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think, maybe, I can be invisible, too. Not sure how it works, but it seems like my family doesn't see me sometimes because of how they talk about me while I am right there with them. Also, I think, maybe, when I speak, I somehow have the ability to not be heard, because my family members often stop listening to what I say and strike up a conversation with each other while I am in mid-sentence, even. And for sure, it's quite obvious that my grandchildren can't hear me when I tell them to do something, like, put your coat away, or clean up that mess. It's uncanny, my ability to speak and hear myself and, yet, others don't hear me. I wonder how I can turn this to my advantage. hmmmmmm............

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
She must have a pure soul. If I were able to go invisible I'd be rich and drunk and all kinda crazy.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yes I can become invisible in a crowd when I want to. All you have to do is just dress in low key dull colors, don't do or say anything interesting, don't attempt to start conversations and never state what your opinion really is.

Oh, and if you are asked questions just say "I don't know" in a monotone voice. Or give short neutral answers if you have to.

If you do these things you will become invisible to the majority of people in no time.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Well, people are strange. I have seen times where I had to make an ass out of myself and talk over everyone just to feel heard. I don't know if it is just something that people concoct in their mind to make them think they are invisible and unheard, or if it's based in reality. I do know this, it is a complaint that I hear from people often.

Like I said,I tend to think that a lot of it depends on how much energy a person emits. Some people are just,like the OP said, a "Null." I'm not sure what that means but I have an idea. It basically is the equivalent to a "nobody" or someone who is 'ineffectual."

What is ironic is that I think everyone goes through it. Some people get that way and just stay there, though. I have met people, especially quiet ones,who barely existed in the minds of others. So, personality may be a factor in these types of things as well.

A schizoid personality will often be ignored in social situations.

Schizoid personality disorder is a psychiatric condition in which a person has a lifelong pattern of indifference to others and social isolation.

Symptoms
A person with schizoid personality disorder:

Appears aloof and detached
Avoids social activities that involve significant contact with other people
Does not want or enjoy close relationships, even with family members

Schizoid

These people are usually those who are labelled arrogant, stuffy, stuck-up, et cetera. They tend to be avoided and ignored in social situations.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes,I have made myself invisible to others.

It is not a matter of you becoming invisible it is the ability to manipulate their thought processes so they don't see you.

I told my friend I could do it and proved it to him.

I learned to do it when I was young.

I did not want to be called on in class.

I perfected it in the military when I did not want to be selected for working parties.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Yeah, I have heard that too. However, doesn't that require one toactually talk to someone to be able to do?
I mean, most people who say, "I always feel invisible," tend to be people who don't interact much with others.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Once my wife came into the living room where I was standing. I stood there quietly as she looked around, and then left the room. She went in to family room, and called my name. Perplexed, I said; "I am right here, in the living room!" She turned around shocked and shrieked. "Where were you?" she asked. "Right here, watching you walk in and then out" I told her.

She didn't believe me, and thought I was joking. I wasn't. She actually did not see me standing in the middle of the room! In essence I was invisible. I has happened since then as well. She thinks I am playing pranks on her, and I am not. Her eyesight is fine...

I am trying to understand how this happens. I have no answers.

My neighbor told me once, he had to take a double take at our car once, because the thought no one was driving it down the street. One the second take, he could see I was driving. He said it really freaked him out!

When I was in the military, I perfected "out of sight, out of mind tactics"
More often than not, if I didn't want to be noticed or found, I wasn't. It was a matter of "blending in with the woodwork" I eventually earned the nickname;
the Chameleon! I drove many officers nuts... It takes practice, but anyone can do it. (It isn't laying low or hiding either.)

So, I am beginning to wonder about the old adage; If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it or hear it, does it make a sound?
Could it be, that we really only exist in certain moments and not the next?
One is a physical moment in time, and the other is only a mental moment of existence? We physically exist when we need too, and not when it isn't necessary. ( we think we exist to ourselves, but when the synchronization of time and place are off, we don't to others around us! )

Is this why the Rapture claims some will disappear in the twinkling of the eye? A Spatial time and place disconnection. Like I wrote, I don't know the answer...but it seems to happen to some people.

Being a teenage wall flower is awful...Being non existent sucks, especially to that beauty or hunk you can't keep your eyes off of. Invisibility has it's disadvantages too. I think we have all been there at one time or the other.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
Is this why the Rapture claims some will disappear in the twinkling of the eye? A Spatial time and place disconnection. Like I wrote, I don't know the answer...but it seems to happen to some people.

Funny you should mention this. I'm not a believer in the "Rapture" at all. However, one of the things that the "new age" is saying is that when their awaited ascension, which is akin to the rapture, occurs, it's not going to be so much that we are going to be in different places as it will be that we will be on different frequencies.

For example, people on frequency A will not be aware of people on frequency B, and so forth and so on. It's food for thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

i have been invisible all my life.
a person unseen
a soul unheard
a mind cast aside
a "little guy" deemed unimportant
invisibilty- not as glorious as it sounds

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

That seems to be the sentiment of many people. I too have felt that way much of my life. Of course, I have always been so intellectual that people have a hard time knowing what to talk to me about. So....such is life I suppose.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
come to think of it, in school i can be sitting right next to someone, and BAM!, they think i just appeared out of nowhere. happens quite often actually

WHATS WRONG WITH ME???????!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

I've always had a knack of sneaking up on people.My friends used to call me "creeper." If they wanted something "sneaky" done, they'd always nominate me to do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!

For example, people on frequency A will not be aware of people on frequency B, and so forth and so on. It's food for thought.

Yeah, I have heard this, I wonder if this is what's supposed to happen in 2012. There was a story about Buddha dissappearing. If I find a link I'll post it, this was said to be Buddhas ascension. That when you reach enlightenment your physical body simply dissappears.

Confused...you may be close to enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre
come to think of it, in school i can be sitting right next to someone, and BAM!, they think i just appeared out of nowhere. happens quite often actually

WHATS WRONG WITH ME???????!!!!!!!!!

Nothing at all wrong with you.
ALWAYS blame it on THEM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join