It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Criminal Court complaint filed against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Rice and Gonzale

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
George Bush: I personally authorised the torture of 911 mastermind

Ex-CIA Bob Baer: Torture does not work

One of those that said torture works now admit it was a lie
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Torture is a war crime.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
here's a scenario: bush went on TV one day and admitted to every single accusation ever made against him. WTF is anyone going to do about it?

unless the ICC have super human abilities they can go sit in a corner and cry about it just like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
here's a scenario: bush went on TV one day and admitted to every single accusation ever made against him. WTF is anyone going to do about it?

unless the ICC have super human abilities they can go sit in a corner and cry about it just like everyone else.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If you actually read the article,...It explains that the usa, is not a member of the icc ,so it has no jurisdiction here...And if it did ,
your king lobamba would be charged as well because he has continued the 'rendition' practice!.....:p......

i love these little faces!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13AJJONES
IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE,...IT EXPLAINS THAT THE USA, IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE ICC ,SO IT HAS NO JURISDICTION HERE...AND IF IT DID ,
YOUR KING LOBAMBA WOULD BE CHARGED AS WELL BECAUSE HE HAS CONTINUED THE 'RENDITION' PRACTICE!.....

I LOVE THESE LITTLE FACES!

Was Iraq a member?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This might just be a ploy to boost the ICC to the American public. Obviously no one in going to throw Bush in prison, the dumbed down right idolizes him like the dumbed down left does Obama. But the possibility might give credibility to the ICC, to those who see this as a way of getting somekind of justice for 911 or at least for plotting the Iraq war.
Obama has already given interpol authority to act above the law, to murder or rendition or do whatever with out being questioned on it.Like he had that authority himself, but nobody says boo, so ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That is a brilliant point! I think Slick Willy should be up on charges more-so then Dubya. I wonder if Colin Powell is on the list also. The person I would more like to see up on ICC charges are Al Gore. He should be in jail on RICCO charges.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Thanks, for giving me my laugh of the day!

The International Criminal Court? Are you freaking serious?

Really?

All the moonbats have left are imaginary world courts?

Really?

What's next? The intergalatic court? The universal court?

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Carseller4]

The International Criminal Court, or Cour Penale Internationale, is as real as a heart attack. The UN General Assembly, by a vote of 120 to 7, established it in 1998. The 7 countries that voted against the treaty were China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, the United States, and Yemen. It puts us in pretty good company don't you think? So the US is not a member state which means it has no juridiction ovr W, et al.. unless the case is referred to the ICC by the UN Security Council.
For more info see www.un.org...
The Court has a jail in the Hague, Netherlands.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I hope these criminals are arrested and tried as war criminals.

Let's not forget that while many may view them as criminals, that is a matter for the courts to decide...same as you and I.

'Bout freakin' time, though.

self edit to respond to the following:

Originally posted by brainwrek
Fortunately the ICC (the joke that it is), has no jurisdiction in the United States, and as much as some of the people listed may deserve prosecution and imprisonment, they wont be getting either from the ICC.

It could curtail their travel plans, though. Think Pinochet.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The practice of "extraordinary rendition" is kinda vague.
What does it mean?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
You all just do not know how delighted I was when I stumbled on this.
I hope these criminals are arrested and tried as war criminals.

Almost as delighted as me therefore I gave you the 24th Flag and the 20th Star on the OP.

Thank you for sharing. This action may not go far, but it will give some of us hope that maybe Just Us, er sorry, justice has a small chance to be served on these war criminals. Those who suffered on 911 for these rich piggies long term, substainable wars could happen may also have hope to see some justice as well!

For those of you who pray and feel the same way please consider adding a positive outcome to this legal action to your prayers tonight. The rest of us have our fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Some unknown law professor filed a complaint to the International Criminal Court. In other words nothing happened and there is no story. A secretary thought it was interesting enough to pass on to the media.

This organization has been in in existence for 8 years, their implicit statement is they have no plans to indict the US. And there are valid legal arguments the US, not an active co-signee, would not recognize something outside it's sovereign constitutional rights and jurisdiction.

The organizations statutes provide that "all persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt and establishes certain rights of the accused and persons during investigations. These include the right to be fully informed of the charges against him or her ... the right to examine the witnesses against him or her and to obtain the attendance and examination of witnesses on his or her behalf."

So when and if there is a formal indictment, prep time, trial, conviction, exhaustion of appeals - we're looking at the very least a decade, and only if they get the process going immediately - which looks highly improbable.

Dick Cheney has probably read this and laughed at the thought of being served to appear before a court the US does not recognize.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Makes me laugh... Got think that the bush fam. And cronnie's probably have a "wall-o-fame" including but not limited to ever article written about posible legal action, the absence of WMD's, the bush-blair memo. Of course if it ever made it to a coutroom ;Obama and Erik Holder would publicly declare their guilt tell the public they are going to be convicted and the whole thing would be thrown out due to a tainted jury. KSM style.Could make another banned book out this stuff "how to beat the law 101"

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If this goes anywhere, which I highly doubt it will, the most that would come of it is saying if any of these people leave America and go to a country that actually allows the ICC any jurisdiction then they would be arrested. And if that happened I could only hear the war drumbs beating, and a boycott of the ICC and any country that supports them or their decisions. Don't be foolish enough to believe Obama would be happy to see these goons arrested, it would actually scare him because he would know he might be next.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Haha, that's funny.
Your a funny one, dereks!

I for one, wouldn't mind seeing them all lynched!

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My opinion of this and any attempt to get Blair on criminal charges is that they still hold enough power to conspire and create an additional war as proof their first wars where just.

I've been a firm believer all the bluster over Iran was bluster and sabre rattling, but when Blair started to blame Iran, it stopped me in my tracks.

Now I am left with the feeling that this we will see "evidence" that all the WMDs where transported to Iran et al, therefore there initial accusations where correct and the Dubya, Blair et al will be vindicated within anther war.

*sigh*

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I hope they will be charged as war criminals which they are....

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You all just do not know how delighted I was when I stumbled on this.

Then perhaps you can explain to me....

Why do Liberals LOVE "One World Government" ideology? Lets have an "international criminal court" arrest OUR leaders for various crimes. And while we are at it, lets surrender our sovereignty over our own people, and allow the "ICC" to police our citizens. Hell lets just put UN peace keepers on every street in America.. I know that thought probably got you really excited.. Had this professor done something along the lines of filing a complaint within OUR legal system, I'd say right on, good man. As it is, if I ever have the privilege of meeting this asshat, I'd punch him in the face.

There is no such thing as "International Law" .. I know it's the proverbial wet dream of NWO supporters like yourself, but it doesn't exist, and the ICC is a farce.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
There is no such thing as "International Law" .. I know it's the proverbial wet dream of NWO supporters like yourself, but it doesn't exist, and the ICC is a farce.

Exactly.
If the United Nations deceleration of Human Rights is the main article of international law, then all 192 members of the United Nations are in violation of it. Nearly all nations have broken that treaty in one way or another.

If you believe in that document then the permanent UN Security Council members should be facing trial for countless charges. Even the UN Human Rights Commission is 90% complied of dictators, one party states and absolute monarchs on the administrative team.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why do Liberals LOVE "One World Government" ideology? Lets have an "international criminal court" arrest OUR leaders for various crimes. And while we are at it, lets surrender our sovereignty over our own people, and allow the "ICC" to police our citizens.

The politically naive think the world runs like a bad movie. NWO, secretive Intelligence agencies, spies, Super Villains.

Universally recognized international laws, state sovereignty, contractual trade agreements, peace accords, macroeconomics - all too headache inducing.

Let's round up a posse, get those bad guys and string 'em up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join