It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Criminal Court complaint filed against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Rice and Gonzale

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

International Criminal Court complaint filed against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Rice and Gonzales

www.redress.cc

International Criminal Court complaint filed against Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Rice and Gonzales
Request for international arrest warrants

6 February 2010
A leading US professor of law has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court prosecutor against former US President George W. Bush and a number of his senior lieutenants alleging crimes against humanity for their policy and practice of “extraordinary rendition” and requesting that the ICC prosecutor obtain international arrest warrants against Mr Bush and his co-accused.

Professor Francis A. Boyle of th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A leading US professor of law has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court prosecutor against former US President George W. Bush and a number of his senior lieutenants alleging crimes against humanity for their policy and practice of “extraordinary rendition” and requesting that the ICC prosecutor obtain international arrest warrants against Mr Bush and his co-accused.
You all just do not know how delighted I was when I stumbled on this.
I hope these criminals are arrested and tried as war criminals.
Lets see what happens with this, and see if this one gets swept under the rug.
So far I haven’t seen any justices or any accountability in the Bush administration.

www.redress.cc
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Interesting..

IMO this could go one of 2 ways.

1) This man is labeled a domestic terrorist threat of some sort

2) Absolutely nowhere

I hope I'm wrong brother, but will not hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Fantastic news, but nothing will ever come of it. As a Former, Bush is bulletproof... But this law professor will never have a private conversation again as long as he lives... Let's hear it for the Patriot Act!!! WOOHOO!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Like anything to do with Politicians , this unfortunitly will not go very far.

There are 2 classes in the world.

The Owners , and the Rest.

The Owners , don't go to jail.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
In the long, sad history of bad ideas this ranks up there at the top. Before anyone goes too far down this road they need to consider that about 30% of Americans like Mr. Bush a lot. That is about 100 million people who think he is a hero rather than a criminal. Any attempt to pursue this path will almost certainly be met with massive resistance and even bloodshed.

I'm sure that Mr. Obama and his buddies Pelosi and Reid would love nothing more than to slap Mr. Bush in handcuffs and turn him over to the ICC. I also think they haven't done it because they know it would tear the country apart.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

That or they were complacent as well.

I think of it as the WWF (oops, WWE)

I used to think those guys battled it out in the locker room too, until I met Mankind in Sioux City at Perkins with Kane.

That really hurt.

hahahaha

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

I think you sadly over estimate the 'love' felt for Dubya... And the only reason he hasn't been hauled off in silver bracelets is because of the people you say would love to see such a spectacle... They all work for the same corporate masters...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Professor Francis A. Boyle

I wonder if he's accident prone?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
In the long, sad history of bad ideas this ranks up there at the top. Before anyone goes too far down this road they need to consider that about 30% of Americans like Mr. Bush a lot. That is about 100 million people who think he is a hero rather than a criminal. Any attempt to pursue this path will almost certainly be met with massive resistance and even bloodshed.

I'm sure that Mr. Obama and his buddies Pelosi and Reid would love nothing more than to slap Mr. Bush in handcuffs and turn him over to the ICC. I also think they haven't done it because they know it would tear the country apart.
There were a lot of people that idolized Jesse James, Al Capone, or Adolf Hitler for that matter. Popularity does not equate innocence.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

You are on track.

All the sudden his premiums on his life insurance have tripled. No reason given by insurer at time of question though.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Shouldn't Bill clinton also be charged with War Crimes Complaint?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I agree with all of you and I have that sinking feeling in my gut that these criminals are going to walk.

I Wonder what it is like to be born in the world and you are “automatically above the laws on the land,” must be nice, to get away with murder, lie to the American people and be so smug about it.

Does it say somewhere in the Constitution, or the Bill Of Rights that the President of the United States and his administration are allowed to commit war crimes against the American people, and people of foreign countries?
Because, if is doesn’t why aren’t they being held accountable?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Fortunately the ICC (the joke that it is), has no jurisdiction in the United States, and as much as some of the people listed may deserve prosecution and imprisonment, they wont be getting either from the ICC.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Two words.

Fed president.

According to Greenspan they are above the law. Haven't really seen anything that would contradict that actually. I better study up on my CDS, I need immunity baby.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
After reading the many postings I would have to agree and say that I believe it's still too early to break out the champagne and lobster. I will welcome some real justice for some real evil criminals. The more the merrier, but it is too early to celebrate.

America has too many crooks as it is. In fact were overrun with crooks. These crooks are like roaches. Crooks are everywhere and it seems that no one is doing anything to stop the crime wave that is on going in our nation. No one, not even Batman is fighting crime these days.

Let's hope that the Bushes, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest are made to pay with some hard labor jail time for their crimes.

Do I smell an Obama Presidential Pardon? YES I do and those that will benefit from such an Obama parson will pay for it with a pound of flesh. Unless of course Obama is also implicated, then it would be a Joe Biden Pardon.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

This countries expansion was all about being crooked. Why stop now? No one with any real power is a straight arrow I am guessing. There is always that "gray area" that can be viewed in any way that is the most advantageous to them at the time.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshOnMyTomatoes
[There were a lot of people that idolized Jesse James, Al Capone, or Adolf Hitler for that matter. Popularity does not equate innocence.

I wasn't really addressing the guilt or innocence issue for a lot of reasons. My point is that taking this action would make the current bitter divisions in American politics get exponentially worse. There is already a lot of anger out there that doesn't need to be inflamed any more than it already is.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
that these criminals are going to walk.

I love how you do not need a court to be found a criminal by some people, they just declare someone guilty and that is it!

President of the United States and his administration are allowed to commit war crimes against the American people, and people of foreign countries? Because, if is doesn’t why aren’t they being held accountable?

Because they never committed war crimes! - which court convicted them? Oh, you do not need a court, you just want a lynching party!

[edit on 5/2/10 by dereks]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thanks, for giving me my laugh of the day!

The International Criminal Court? Are you freaking serious?

Really?

All the moonbats have left are imaginary world courts?

Really?

What's next? The intergalatic court? The universal court?

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Carseller4]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join