It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At last! Have they finally found a 'weapon of mass destruction' in Iraq?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Between 1991 and 2003, the United Nations Security Council issued 17 WMD Resolutions against Iraq, warning Saddam Hussein to stop production of WMD and destroy his stockpiles of WMD, OR ELSE there would be military action taken against Iraq.

17 Resolutions...

17 Warnings...

OR ELSE...

Seventeen warnings and still never got permission to invade. What a lawbreaker. No wonder he needed a coalition of the willing.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Seventeen warnings and still never got permission to invade. What a lawbreaker. No wonder he needed a coalition of the willing.

The U.N. Security Council was behind military action, but it was objections from Russia and China (the largest military weapons suppliers to the Middle East) that prevented the UN from unanimously agreeing on invading Iraq.

The U.S. Congress, including virtually all your lefty buddies, approved the invasion.

Nothing illegal about it. Bill Clinton attacked Iraq without approval of the UN Security Council — he didn't even ask the U.N.

You can whine and piss your pants all you want, but George W. Bush did nothing wrong, he did nothing that other administrations hadn't already done.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
ALL CAPS AND INCREASED FONT SIZE MAKES AN ARGUMENT TRUE!

I wasn't aware of that. I just used it for emphasis, because normal text doesn't seem to penetrate the thick skulls of you lefty parrots out there.

Now that I know large, bold-face text makes an argument true, I'll use it all the time.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Incidentally, if your large, bold-face text goes beyond one line in length, you've gotta add a carriage return between the two lines. Otherwise , it comes out with screwed-up leading.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Hmmm it says the missile could take a nuke warhead of 350 kilo-tonnes...

Maybe I'm missing something.

Where's the nuclear warhead?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Wow, I always thought I could see "sinister" in al gore's eyes, and now I see it was true. That russian missile story link blows my mind. Also makes me think about B clintons deal selling china some missile guidance tech several years back, someday maybe they will use it against us also.. hope not.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by antideceit
Wow, I always thought I could see "sinister" in al gore's eyes, and now I see it was true. That russian missile story link blows my mind.

Yeah, Gore wasn't highly visible during the Clinton administration, you hardly ever saw him in the news. That's because Clinton used Al Gore as an arm-twister behind the scenes. Gore was a mean, rather vicious VP, and Clinton dispatched him to carry out the administration's "dirty deeds" — making weapons deals with Russia to supply Iran was just one of Gore's missions.

Collecting payola from the Communist Chinese was another Al Gore specialty. He's a real crook, a dangerous character.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Really such a discovery is of only academic value now . If Saddam had build a decent number of the missiles up in question before Gulf War One then he could have caused the Coalition all sorts of problems . But alas we know that Saddam wasn't even close to being a close decent strategist .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If they call that a WMD then we are all doomed.

I guess a Boeing 747 is a WMD too, because those can carry nukes.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
If Saddam had build a decent number of the missiles up in question before Gulf War One then he could have caused the Coalition all sorts of problems . But alas we know that Saddam wasn't even close to being a close decent strategist .

Not quite sure how "alas" figures in the statement, but that's neither here nor there. Saddam did his little jig at the end of a rope and good riddance.

Saddam wasn't a strategist, Saddam was a murderer. He wasn't a great intellect, he murdered his way into power, and he kept murdering. As he acquired more and more power, his delusions of grandeur expanded exponentially.

Saddam was an arrogant sonofabitch who built several palaces to himself — the tackiest palaces ever, according to the Coalition troops who occupied them — as well as elaborate hardened bunkers and subterranean tunnels for moving heavy weapons around Iraq. Saddam destroyed archeological sites that displeased him. He commissioned the construction of the world's largest gun, did you know that? It was a stationary cannon pointed at Israel, capable of lobbing huge projectiles down on the Jews. During Desert Storm, Saddam tried raining SCUD missiles on Israel, remember that? And Israel wasn't even involved in the war.

This guy was fekking nuts. He wasn't a strategist, he wasn't a tactician, he was a murderer who had high hopes of murdering on a grand scale. And did so.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by Now_Then
Hmmm it says the missile could take a nuke warhead of 350 kilo-tonnes...

Maybe I'm missing something.

Where's the nuclear warhead?

We don't know what war head it has on it - if any...

Only one possible indicator is the nose of the missile - if it has indeed been correctly identified as a The Raduga Kh-22 (Russian: Х-22; AS-4 'Kitchen')...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22c67edc1d9d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ec954567fde.jpg[/atsimg]

You will note how the nose is rounded, but on every picture I can find searching the net you see the nose is pointed... Now one possible reason is that it has to be that shape to house the sphere for the implosion device... Maybe...

But once again people!! - This has been posted in the BREAKING NEWS SECTION! I only brought the article to your attention
- I am not waving flags, blowing whistles and pointing to a cruise missile in a hole! - I just thought it was thread worthy!

edit: As as for the damage, well it has been buried under tonnes and tonnes of what looks like hard packed earth for a number of years... They don't build cruise missiles for that - in fact they are probably pampered from the day they are made till the day they are fired.... It's perfectly possible that missile went into the ground in perfect operational condition - that damage occurred with the weight of the soil crushing it.

Remember Sadam lost any hope of using air power very very quickly... And this particular missile is launched from an aircraft... I don't think any one possibly considered digging this thing up and using it (well maybe they could recover and recondition any warhead) - no that was buried in a hurry, disposing of evidence so to speak... Maybe they just couldn't get that one out of the country in time.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Its a chinese silkworm missile. Used by both Iran and Iraq in their conflict. How do we know it isn't an Iranian silkworm launched at Iraq that they just left in the ground?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Duly noted, and thanks!

I still think what we're looking at is a modified configuration for air-drop, not a self-propelled missile. A configuration like this could be dropped from high altitude a few miles away and could cruise to its intended target without a propulsion system, right.

That's what this discovery looks like to me, anyway.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
Its a chinese silkworm missile. Used by both Iran and Iraq in their conflict. How do we know it isn't an Iranian silkworm launched at Iraq that they just left in the ground?

Hey, could be. I'll be interested to see the follow-up coverage on this story, not that it will change "some people's" minds one way or another.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

And you can see why there is that groove area by the rear end .

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Why is it that folks such as yourself cheer on obliterating a country entirely because of 17 UN resolutions muscled through by the country that wanted to do the obliteration...

The UN Resolutions were "muscled through" by the United States, is that what you're saying? So, the Clinton Administration "muscled through" 16 UN Resolutions against Iraq, is that right?

I'm not sure where you're going with this argument, which is totally uniformed, BTW.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl

And you can see why there is that groove area by the rear end .

Yeah, it accommodates the jet propulsion unit, which is missing from the newly-discovered artifact. So, it's a partially dismantled cruise missile.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I want you guys to all remember Chinese SilkWorm Cruise Missiles, okay?

They're going to be very popular this year. Or very unpopular, depending on which end of the thing you're standing.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Is the media trying to be funny here ? I really read this as a really horrible joke title of a news article.

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Mission accomplished.

Lets go home.

/edit Hope it was worth all the lives, money, and time.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22c67edc1d9d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Kaytagg]

Might be the best post I have seen on ATS and sums it all up.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
People have to look back further in the history of the Middle East to understand Saddam's role in it. The US aided coup in Iran of an elected government by the people to install a US controlled puppet that masacred 1000's helped destabelize the region even further. The war fought to give Israel it's new home then the 6 day war and so on. Then the coup in Iran and the following revolution in Iran have created a real hatred of the West.

If you were Muslim in the Middle East I think you too would be worried if this was happening in your backyard.

Saddam was urged on by the CIA(US gov't) to start a war with Iran because they didn't want "Communism" to spread in the Middle East because of Irans ties to the USSR. He was given guaranteed loans under an Agriculture program and products were relabelled to meet the requirements of the laws in the US on exporting certain products to hostile nations. He was given everything needed to develop a nuclear weapons program, chemical and BIO including many many many items deemed as against the law due to Iraq being an enemy. Front companies around the world were involved including many foreign governments

Kuwait agreed to pay off close to half of his war debts for keeping them out of it and safe from Iran. George Bush Sr was the chief architect behind it. Margaret Thatcher was on board big time. Read a book called "Spiders Web". Great detail on the whole scam. They were secretly arming the Iranians and were providing Saddam with Satellite Imagery and advising to help him.

Once it was all over and things started to leak out(Oliver North,etc,etc) they pulled the plug on Saddam and Kuwait reneged on their deal to pay a large chunk of his war debt. Well we now what he did in retaliation and the rest is history. "The Mother of All Wars" and so on.

The US and many other G20 nations and Middle Eastern played key roles in the debacle known as the ME. That is what happens when foreign governments practice regime changing and tampering. There is always retribution. It's the natural way of life. Things have to balance out and return to neutrality.

I'm in no way cheering for Saddam or anything. I would have pulled the trigger myself if I could have or kicked the chair out at his execution. My point is the West had a big role in shaping the ME into what it is today and to pin it solely on certain countries that got screwd in bad deals is wrong.

There is always 2 sides to every story and 2 points of view. I try to look at both sides of the coin before making any opinions about certain situations. This has everything to do with securing future energy needs for the US plain and simple. I would have had more respect for George W. if he just came out and said "hh..h. You know what can I say this country uses a crapload of oil every year and we want to use up all of your oil before we use up the oil underneath our own country". At least it would have been honest.

This missle they found just goes to show how desperate they are to put at least some positive spin on this dismal war. Obama is smart to pull the plug in August. This thing is just like a boxing match where both fighters are just trying to stand up until the end of the round.

It's over call it "Mission Accomplished" whatever. Get the troops home they deserve it and let the chips fall where they may.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join