Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

At last! Have they finally found a 'weapon of mass destruction' in Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

At last! Have they finally found a 'weapon of mass destruction' in Iraq?

www.dailymail.co.uk

They have been searching in Iraq for the past nine years, 10 months and 15 days.

Today, the hard work finally paid off as soldiers found one of those elusive ‘weapons of mass destruction’ that Saddam Hussein was supposed to have been hiding.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/2/2010 by Now_Then]

mod edit: title

[edit on Fri Feb 5 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well well well, this is interesting, not least because of the timing what with Blair sweating in the hot seat of the Chilcot enquiry!

The Raduga Kh-22 (Russian: Х-22; AS-4 'Kitchen') is a large, long-range anti-ship missile developed by the Soviet Union. It was intended for use against US Navy aircraft carriers and carrier battle groups, typically with a nuclear warhead. The missile is considered a very powerful weapon, even when armed with a conventional warhead. Air Power Australia describes it as "a formidable weapon by any measure."

From Wiki

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I would have to call this a few years late and billions of dollars short. Sorry, not buying it. That missile doesn't appear to be in any shape to do any harm to anyone.

Who knows how long that has been buried in the dirt. For all I know that thing could have been buried there from before the 1991 invasion.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This doesnt matter anyway LOL. Many Iraqi officials have admitted to their WMD's as well as their shipment to Syria prior to the war. Iraq also used chemical weapons against the Kurds and the Iranians and that was a long time ago. They developed more weapons since then.

MBF

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They moved and buried things to hide them from the US. I remember seeing a pic of a Mig-21 that had been buried in the desert.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
omg u really think that wreck of a missile is going to fool anybody? I need more evidence than a buried missile. Does it have a nuclear components inside??? If not I wouldnt call this a weapon of mass destruction.......

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmmm it says the missile could take a nuke warhead of 350 kilo-tonnes... That could of been 27 times more powerful than Hiroshima! - That would defo take out a carrier should it of gotten through!

But more than the actual missile it is the timing of this find, nearly 10 years and just when the enquiry is at it's peak and now America is lining up against other countries like Iran, North Korea and Syria (among others)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't think you understand the definition of Weapons of Mass Destruction.

WMD means nuclear, chemical, or biological weapon.

An ICBM is not a weapon of mass destruction unless it has a nuclear payload (even if that is an ICBM)

Go back to your drawing board.

Every rogue nation has missiles armed with warheads. We knew Iraq had tons of conventional missiles. Everybody knew that. The only problem is when they are NUCLEAR, which they obviously weren't.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Dude, you should be pleased with this.
This means Obama will get credit for a ball that Bush started rolling.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sorry but that ICBM Didnt fool me, my my my has the pro western media run of out stories for the little sheeps? so they are making this one? just so they will join the bandwagoon on iran eh?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's a good thing they found that!!! It looks totally launch ready.

Kinda reminds me of a '72' pinto I used to own.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

The rules of breaking news are that I use the article title - after doing a quick search this is the only article on the subject I could see (and from the Daily Mail no less
) - So it's not exactly my choice of wording but I felt it was worth of discussion.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mission accomplished.

Lets go home.

/edit Hope it was worth all the lives, money, and time.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"...long-range anti-ship missile ..."
This is definitely a WSD "Weapon of Ship Destruction".

Very scary looking, but does it make a mushroom cloud? capable of 'Mass' destruction?..eeeeeeeeeeh, no.

Unless premiere bush was actually saying "WSD" all along, which I'm sure some GOP cultists would readily rather believe than admit their dear party leader is a lying sack of murdering crap.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Yhea that's a good point, it don't look like they were planning to dig it up and actually use it in the future does it? If they wanted to do that it would of been packed up in some way, a big strong case of I'd of gone with a cargo container.

Looks like it was buried quick just to dispose of it. Or maybe, just maybe an attempt at a massive booby trap land mine type of thing? Nuke or not that could pack a wallop...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You know....even if there were a sticker on it that said "this missle is carrying a nuclear payload" signed and dated by Suddam himself with a 100% verification that it was his hand writing and even after we take the thing apart and find that it did/does carry a nuclear playload.............most folks wouldn't believe it.

(this is 100% satire....there is no signed missle with a nuclear payload so please don't ask me to quote my source)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Kinda reminds me of a '72' pinto I used to own.

I don't know ... a 72 Pinto was pretty explosive, whereas this ...

Where's the tip?

This is apparently what it is supposed to look like:

upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 5 Feb 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree with you 100%.

I can see it now, "Oh we just happened to find a WMD now, so uhh, were guna continue killing people and stealing resources."

I think its just a plant by the gov. so the crimes against humanity may continue.

just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No offence to smaller dictatorship nations, but we are living in an information age over 50 years after hiroshima.

If not now pretty soon every kid in highschool will be able to split an atom in his basement.

I agree this find may be political, but so what. Saddam was an assassin that killed his way to power (look it up). I feel safer with him gone.

We need a world with compassionate rulers who care more about their people than the amount of castles they have.

We intervened in kuwait and should have removed him from power at the time, as he started a unjustifiable war.

Kuwait was a rich nation and supported Iraq's war against Iran. Iraq and them were friends but Saddam stabbed them in the back for financial gain, killing innocent women and children in the process.

War needs to end and every nation needs to do their part to remove dictatorships and install democracy and safeguards.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The exhaust end is all wrong . The real KH 22-s exhaust doesn't taper like the one in the daily mail pic . The ( real kh 22) tail fins come out at 90 degree angles too, the daily mail pic shows fins angled to in a way they'd only be 3 fins . And the fins themselves aren't even the same shape.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join