It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty not the same thing to everyone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Oh yeah I forgot about the movie “critters”.

I am really surprised that you have not seen the Mudpuppy. Here they are sort of a menace if you fish at night with a hanging line. If you are cat fish fishing you are bound to catch at least one minimum. I think they are cool looking though with gills on the sides of their heads. They are a bit prehistoric.
The Tasmanian Devil is awesome. They look like they are made of muscle. Nothing like Loony Toons makes them out to be though. I do not think I would like to tangle with one though they are sort of cute. I have to wonder if they do not have a bit of a mean streak to them.

Raist

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Oh yeah I forgot about the movie “critters”.

I am really surprised that you have not seen the Mudpuppy. Here they are sort of a menace if you fish at night with a hanging line. If you are cat fish fishing you are bound to catch at least one minimum. I think they are cool looking though with gills on the sides of their heads. They are a bit prehistoric.
The Tasmanian Devil is awesome. They look like they are made of muscle. Nothing like Loony Toons makes them out to be though. I do not think I would like to tangle with one though they are sort of cute. I have to wonder if they do not have a bit of a mean streak to them.

Raist

I must admit, i'm not into fishing. That's makes it more interesting to know more...
The T Devil looks loveable with mouth closed

The "mean streak" are their behavior only. Well just my thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Those are wonderful images, thanks for that.

I always thought beauty was in the eye of the beerholder.

It is good to pause and think, to reflect and allow oneself to be amazed with the beauty and diversity of this World.

If you like the Kakapo, check out some of our other birds, including the Tui, Kakapo, Takahe, the cheeky Kea and of course the Kiwi.

Oh, and the Weta, Tuatara , Kauri Tree and Pohutakawa.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Growing up in the country I loved hearing the crickets and the whippoorwill at night.

Go here to hear all their songs, 10 different songs. I love hearing them it is a nice way to go to sleep at night.

www.soundboard.com...

Raist

[edit on 2/10/10 by Raist]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Tui

Kakapo

Some more info on the Kakapo.
www.australianstamp.com...

With less than 50 birds known to exist in the wild, the kakapo is one of New Zealand's rarest endemic birds. Also called the Owl Parrot because of its facial disc of owl-like whiskers, it is the largest of all parrots by weight.

That bums me out. That is a cool looking bird, the owl parrot.

Takahe

It seems this is another rare bird.
www.rosssea.info...
Cheeky Kea

Weta Weta

That is one big cricket.

Tuatara

Looks sort of like a mini Godzilla.

Kauri tree

It looks prehistoric. I love it.

Pohutukawa

I am not sure how to describe the beauty of this tree.

Of course the Kiwi is cool too.

I have always found it to be intriguing.

On a side note New Zealand has some very beautiful and awesome looking bird life. If I ever get a chance and the money I would love to explore the wilds there. It would be nice to get a close up view of some of this stuff.

Raist

[edit on 2/10/10 by Raist]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

That three is awesome ! Wonderful colors..
The mini Godzilla is so sweet. Once i went to this zoo. A baby Alligator was there, and it didn't mind to be stroked at all. That's as close i'm ever going to get near one of these...
The Koala is, the most loveable creature on this earth. Also the b/w Panda. Just awesome

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Very nice pictures, I myself love nature and animals, so much so that I hold any given animals life as having more value than any humans life including my own. They are the only true good and pure thing on this planet that can't be corrupted or tainted.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Very nice pictures, I myself love nature and animals, so much so that I hold any given animals life as having more value than any humans life including my own. They are the only true good and pure thing on this planet that can't be corrupted or tainted.

Can't nothing, but agree with you there. $ doesn't have any value in animal life. And the human species, in contradiction to animals, seems to enjoy hurting others, for pleasure only...

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
To me personally, one of the most beautiful things on this great earth is moss. I love to hike in to woods... never fails, come across a stream and there on the bank...lush green soft moss... I love the way it looks and feels... it amazes me.......

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I While I like moss I really love the look and smell of ferns in the woods. It is really cool to go into the woods after a light spring rain the smell of everything is almost overwhelming. There are so many scents in the air and it seems so fresh.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join