It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Freezes When Heated (newly discovered phenomenon)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think what is so amazing is that they are warming it up to that temperature without it showing ANY signs of it thawing from the original temperature. You have to admit, if you have something frozen at say negative 20 degrees and warm it up to 17 degrees it's going to show some sign of thawing.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So with the understanding that we have on chem-trails and how they are metallic particles in the atmosphere...think of the scary but almost direct parallel this may have between the two?
Any thoughts on this being linked to chem trails or vise versa?

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sat Feb 6 2010 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Or in better terms...our misunderstanding of this phenomenon could be devastating to the world's climate if these chem trail dust particles play a role in the thawing and freezing of water in the atmosphere...?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by DOADOA
water freez at 32F. they managed to keep it in liquid form at -40 then freezed it at 17F. well, 17F is still below the freezing point, so why is this so intriguing?

Because the rote memorization of "water freezes at 32F" is leaving a lot of understanding out, like atmospheric pressure, and now there are even more asterisks to add to that "fact." This all applies to our understanding of the most basic facts we learned as children.

Not surprisingly they are causing these deviations by working with levels much smaller than the molecular, to ionization with individual electrons. The smaller we look down into things, the more we realize we can change about them from a fundamental level, and the more we realize things were not at all as simple as they originally appeared to be.

But it isnt really some rote memorization of water freezing at 32F, because this isnt anything really new or a big mystery.

Ice melts at 32F/0C, but that is not always the freezing point. Liquid water can freeze well below that, just look at how snow forms. If the clouds were all cirrus and frozen, snow would not be able to fall. Clouds can be below freezing temps, and still be made of mostly liquid water drops.

For example, look at aircraft icing. If water always froze at 32F/0C, you would not get aircraft icing, because the water would always be ice. But when an aircraft metal structure being below freezing, its water drops that are "supercooled", meaning below freezing, thats when the plane gets icing on it.

And with thunderstorms too, you can look at clouds way high and tell from looking that there is a lot of supercooled water in those clouds. Thunderstorms pretty much require supercooled water actually, they are part of the fuel of a thunderstorm.

Water has been observed in cloud physics research flights, as being liquid down to -40 under certain conditions. That is more unusual but it happens. But just remember that 32F/0C is the melting point of ice, but not necessarily the freezing point of liquid water.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Let's not stray too far off topic, Please.

TIA

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

But are we indeed just burning off Hydrogen leaving Oxygen in an altered state, heavy? Me thinks so. I'm just happy God has it all under control!!! Moosemose

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Might have implications for computer climate modelling but is probably just a complete waste of time and money and effort. I am of the opinion that computer modelling is cause of more harm than good. Instead of looking at the reality they hide in computer models. Computer models are nothing by comparison to actual reality. It is like a computer game fantasy compared to reality. Scientist are sitting in doors too much. Dreaming up computer created fantasy. Get out to explore the reality. Get some fresh air. Cold is cold and hot is hot. Even if the water is still liquid at minus 40F it is still going to give you a nasty frost bit. The water not in contact with the plate is still going to be solid. Even the "heated" water is minus 40F. What a daft article.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Great post. This ends up being an example of why "science" isn't really science. Science, unfortunately is badly corrupted by ego, small minds, and ulterior motives. People for generations have been taught an absolute that turns out to be relative to circumstances. All to often this is done to make science, "God" and the scientist the "wise and superior" to be trusted. It's a great example of how brainwashing and false education have been used against people for generations. Someday, perhaps we'll have real science with out the political manipulations.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

It is known that water molecules actually do have some "memory" associated with them which apparently changes their shape in some way or another.

It is "known by who? The alt med wackos that sell homeopathic remedies? Every water molecule I've seen (by SEM) was tetrahedrally shaped with the O atom in the middle and H atoms at 2 corners. Electron clouds are at the other 2 corners

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As part of my biochemistry degree I had to read papers on water freezing and what has been printed does not surprise me. I accept this was 25 years ago but what became apparent is how LITTLE the scientist knew about the mechanism for freezing/thawing of water.

I know water is one of the key molecules on this Earth, but the papers (and it is a little hazy now) tried to descibe why ultra violet radiation had such an impact on melting yet did not seem to impact other molecules.

Water is like the moon, for something so familiar we know so little about it

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join