It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooting in Madison, AL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
blog.al.com...

I live like 15 minutes from where it went down. One child is shot and in critical condition. A video just showed paramedics giving the child CPR. Let's hope he/she will be ok. Media briefing at 3 pm my time (central).

edit to add additional news link
blog.al.com...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by angrymomma]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

This is no good. I hope they have the situation under control.

But I find this odd...the MSM is spending time talking about the blizzard hitting DC...but have yet to mention this.

I'm not trying to derail to that topic, just an observation.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Remember the good ole' days when we would practice for fire drills and earthquake drills?

Some older folk might even remember the nuclear war drills.

Well, now our schools have "gunmen on campus" drills. No joke.

When the signal is given, I (as the teacher) herd all my students into a pre-determined location to hide. We actually practice this.

We also practice evacuating the school in a "safe manner"....i.e., we tell the students to run in a zig zag fashion because its harder to hit a moving target.

What a world we live in, huh?

God help that child/ren and their families.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Oh no, I understand. I think there isn't too much attention because it is already over, the shooter caught, and only one child in critical condition (which doesn't diminish the fact of a child who's life is in extreme danger).

UPDATE: Both students were 9th graders. Kids are getting out as normal at 3 pm. I might know more a little later about the victim if I don't get a chance to hear anything on the news. My husband works at Huntsville Hospital, where the child was taken.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

When I was in my senior year of high school (2005) I remember a drill where they announced something weird over the intercom and the teachers closed all the classroom doors, locked them, and we were all herded to a side of the room where the "shooter" could not see us through the window. We did that several times. It was really creepy even though it was just a drill.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
We looked on the news channel, nothing there. Why? Because its not gory enough, sexy enough, or whatever.....

I guess its considered to be not newsworthy?

Do keep us informed on how the child is doing.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here is another update. It tells the victim's name. It seems he is still alive, thank goodness, but still in critical condition. There are holding a 3rd news conference a couple hours from now.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sad news. What is becoming of our children?

I never heard of shooter on campus drills when I was a kid, the thought never crossed anyone’s mind there would ever be a need for that. I wonder if this might be grudge related or maybe even gang related.

Whatever happened to the days when kids could be kids?
Raist

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
www.myfoxal.com...

Unfortunately the teenager died last night.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Sad and unfortunate. As a parent I am not sure exactly how I would react to another child (yes I believe at that age they are still children) murdering my child.

I certainly do not think I would take losing my second child easily (the first was lost in a miscarriage). I would hope that I could keep my sanity, but imagine it might be difficult.

Raist

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Oh I understand. I think I would be inconsolable if something happened to my one year old son. Not even having my second child in August would help me out of that kind of grief.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I don't want to jump to conslusions, but who wants to bet the shooter was on anti-depressants?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the family and friends of this boy. Such a needless tradgedy. We are seeing too much of this in todays society and I fear for our youth.

join