It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says turn off the tube

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What frosts my ass is, that Barry loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk.
He then thinks we also are in love with the sound of his voice, and hang on every pearl that he spews...
He cannot stand criticisms, debate of his "PERFECT ONENESS" and then tells those responsible for not buying into his flimflam act to stop listening to the doubters who question him. Has this guy got a set balls or what? Talk about an being an egotistical S.O.B.!

I can hardly wait for the next three years of this ego maniacal jerks oratory.

Hey, BARRY! tell you what, instead of turning off our cable TV, how about we turn you off, and then vote your sorry butt out of office in 2012!

Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by carbonblack

It is a pretty deadly circle.

Most of it is just having bad teachers (parents).

Some peoples kids, huh?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

PARENTS! Dont get me started..

My mum was an olden day Obama. telling me what to watch and what not to watch... She is just like BARRY (

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Did he forget it was the TV that got him elected?

Does anyone need to watch a replay of presidential debates?

Good point.

It was the cable news channels, papers and basically all media except FOX that were kissing his feet.

Obama doesn't want criticism. His whole rant was against FOX but he had to include MSNBC and CNN because when he singled FOX out last time and it backfired and there ratings went through the roof.

You've gone mad and cross eyed...

Don't even wish to point it out,

trust me, YOU need to turn off the tube

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
You've gone mad and cross eyed...

Don't even wish to point it out,

Spoken from someone that doesn't believe what they write. If you say they are mad and cross-eyed, why not back it up? Instead you go for the passive aggressive approach of saying you don't want to point it out as if it is some obvious revelation that the peons will not get, but those of your caliber will get.

Janky, I have a great time in our back and forth discussions yet it seems you either are two persons or loan your account out. Some days you are logical and concise with conviction and backing.....others....well, are like this....just follow the line and do not stray.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

This is just saying everybody should just be a dumb, blind sheep.

So, are you suggesting then that litsening to CNN, Faux News, MSNBC, and the likes acutally makes you sharper?

I think im going to have to agree on Obama with this one.

Watching those shows doesn't make you smarter.

You're either intelligent enough to sniff out a good BS line when you see it, or you're not.

Watching TV plays no role in that equation what so ever.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
God I love the inferences made by the majority of people here when people have come out with a different view.

When people say more information is good, the conclusions made and inferred (with total disregard to actual common sense) is we must be lovers of cable news and hang on their every word.

Fact: More information is good. Although the source could be questionable, it is up to the individual to make an educated choice to critically analyze the information they are receiving. Limiting yourself to just the ideas of a few will continue your narrow path to limited understanding

[edit on 5-2-2010 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

More information is good. No one is doubting you there.

Although I believe the quality carries a higher coefficient.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

This I agree, but to suggest limitation based on what you or I perceive as quality makes no difference to the notion.

The more information is disseminated, whether via cable news, newspapers, periodicals (magazines for those that do not know), websites. blogs or even a conversation with buddies at a water cooler. the better and more informed a person will become....generally.

Granted there are those that will read and hear things, but will not comprehend and listen.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Quality IMO isn't subjective, it's just plain truth.

I see no plain truth in any MsM most times, so you have to swim through it and decipher it yourself. I think that was your original argument in fact, so I don't think we are really debating anything.

If anyone thinks anything in media is straight truth really should go back and analyze the last election. I have been harping on this a lot but seriously there were a number of things done to Ron Paul to make him out to be a laughingstock - Brainwashing is the real crime being committed everyday without any regard, and you can't convince anyone that is already brainwashed.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just may turn off the tube too if they keep doing this.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Give me a break.

People gather information from different sources and Cable News is juource.

A lot of people heard about 9/11 on cable news and they learned about Haiti on cable news.

The regular stations were running things like Judge Joe Brown.

Obama just doesn't like the news that disagree's with him. He's on cable news everyday. Where does all of his speeches and townhalls will be seen?

He just wants you to see the soundbites from Katie Couric or Brian Williams. Give me a break.

This is the problem, people think if you don't agree with them you must be brainwashed.

People need to get overthemselves and realize people gather information from all kinds of sources and cable news is one of them.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Cable news is one.. but there are many better sources of information than a news programe thats for sure

top topics

<< 1   >>

join