It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Narc That Car" - get paid to rat out people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well I think this is pretty sour, but that's me.

I don't typically post new threads (you can see the few that I do), but this bothered me.

Today (about 15minutes ago), my boss's husband, has been trying to figure out ways for his social networking enterprises to take off, and has run upon a pyramid scheme that really scares me.

It's called Narc That Car (narcthatcar.com...)

Basically you signup, and enter 10 license plates a month and you get paid for telling this website where/when you saw somebodies car, and they in turn sell this information to government/law enforcement agencies or anyone who wants to track their "collateral".

here is their pitch video...

This site is effectively turning citizens against each other, and becoming one step closer to a nanny-state.

Let me know what you guys think.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is sick and your husband should do everything he can to stop his boss plan.

And he shouldn't work with him anymore since this guy is obviously a freedom hating piece of garbage.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

not my husband, boss's. all of us in the office just looked at each other at the same time...

seriously? log people's license plates?

he's gung ho on it, because he think he might make a quick buck.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The sad thing is, given the economic climate, people (in the most general terms) who are hard up for cash will see this as an opprotunity to pay the bills.

It plays right into the overall big brother thinking...my vehicle is n oones asset but mine (paid for) but that won't stop folks from recording data about where it lives or frequents.

Just makes keeping tabs on us by the government a little bit easier when we do the leg work for them.

insane!!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I am a bit mixed on this. I mean technically you are out in public. There is nothing about the fact that people are logging license plates that is inheritely evil. But I didn't see anything on there where I can view if my license plate is being tracked. I also hate the pyramid scheme concept as a while and find that it never works for good. It simply destroys the people who are in the downline.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
this is def. wrong, this country i once put my life up for is seeming more and more like nazi germany (though its been like that for a long time i mean ss#s n all i mean come on) it sickens me like that google earth junk all the way down to street view??? i can see all side of myt house, before it was updated with the new pics you could see my *cough* umm "gardem" *cough* in my backyard this is takiing it too far, we need to take to the streets and beatem beatem beatem, take all these political flag waving geeks and eatem eatem eatem lol thanks system of a down for that thought

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

rogerstigers, I agree to some extent, there are traffic cameras everywhere recording movements of cars...generally on larger avenues/streets, freeways, etc...but this kind of fills in the gaps...

and it's not inherently bad to make note of what you have seen and where you have seen it.

I just have serious reservations about keeping tabs on people or their belongings...historically, these types of activities don't play out well...

edit for spelling

[edit on 5-2-2010 by deadbang]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Does anyone wonder or know how the kind folks at 4chan would react to this? Is it big enough fish for them?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang
The sad thing is, given the economic climate, people (in the most general terms) who are hard up for cash will see this as an opprotunity to pay the bills.

It plays right into the overall big brother thinking...my vehicle is n oones asset but mine (paid for) but that won't stop folks from recording data about where it lives or frequents.

Just makes keeping tabs on us by the government a little bit easier when we do the leg work for them.

insane!!

This is why YOU and everyone else NEEDS to file their UCC-1 with the Secretary of your State. You can do it online or by mail. I did mine by mail. If you do not do this, YOU are still government property and everything you think you own, you do not, until YOU claim it and your Soveriegnty.

Research it, it is your right to claim your freedom.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Hello and thanks for posting this...

However I am a bit confused here.. I understand this company wants you to go out and get plate numbers.. But why?
(Seems really fishy to me, and the website is low quality, and is not very direct.) Not to mention they are asking for 100$ starter fee.. Anyone asking for money to start something like this screams out to me, SCAM!

And are you going out to like a food store, or parking lot and just randomly take down plate numbers?

Or are they asking you to get "sertin" plates from non random cars.. Such as, are they asking you to go out and randomly get plate numbers from cars..

Or are they asking you to go out and find sertin plates and report back to them about said plates? And verfiy their address and what not??

How do I feel about this? Well I don't like Narcs, or rats.. Where I live.. That will get you dead really fast!
Rats and those lots are looked at as bottom feeders.. And in this day and age TPTB know they have us over a barrel!
No jobs to be found, people living day by day just to get by..
And these people step up with some way to pay the bills..

But they are not making this very clear as what you are really doing, or who you are seeking out..
Is it randomly getting plates and reporting them in?
Or are they asking you to go out and find people who have warrents, no driving lic. insurance, not paying their car payments?
Im confused.. And the site didn't offer much in the way of that kind of information..
So Being that I am confused would more than likely mean, they want people to be confused, and be so desperate to make money from doing something so "easy" to do, would tell me this sounds like an out right scam!

Edit-- Spelling

[edit on 5-2-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

This sounds way too much like George Orwell's 1984.

Even with that said, is this guy promoting just putting it 10 different license plates? Why the heck is anyone going to pay him for random plates at random sites?

The only way I see it working is if the site already has a list of plates along with the make and model of the car that someone wants to be tracked. His clients will more likely be a jealous husband or wife. Then does he have anyone in the area that can keep track of a particular plate?

This sounds more like a job for a private detectives. This site may very well run into privacy rights if it gets large enough. If it doesn't breach any privacy laws, it will get privacy activists up in arms.

A major problem I can see down the road, is someone tracking a plate to a person who is in a crisis center, in police witness protection program, and etc. This type of site may very well put those people in jeopardy, if the psychopath is able to kill his/her victim because of this site.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So let me get this right...
I can take anyone's license plate number and post it on that site?
I can put I saw it anywhere I want to?

What's Nancy Pelosi's tag number? I want to post I saw it there last night at that whore house in Vegas next to Harry Rieds car.
Or I can post I saw my bosses car in a known drug area.
Point is I can put anything and cause trouble for anyone I do not like and there is no repercussion? Somehow that does not seem right.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A good question is this...

Where do they get the $$$$ to bankroll this operation??

Seems to me, that with such an open ended money making job availability through this, they would have to have like 50billion $ behind this. Otherwise it would go bankrupt within a few months.

So, is this pyramid scheme connected to the printing press? Seems like it would have to be to fund the workers. The costs will skyrocket quickly.

Did Rahm Emanuel think this one up?

Ohh maybe this is Ben Bernanke's secret plan to SAVE THE US ECONOMY!

Genius ol Benny boy, pure Genius!

You can hit 3 birds with one stone!!!

1) Get info on everyone's licence plate's whereabouts.
2) Get society accustomed to be watched all the time.
3) Get all those unemployed millions BACK into work and get them some $$$ to feed their families.

Fake economy to the Max! No wonder Bernanke got to stay at the FED, this is a brilliant way to keep the Fiat Economy trucking on forward!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonsbreaths
What's Nancy Pelosi's tag number? I want to post I saw it there last night at that whore house in Vegas next to Harry Rieds car.
Or I can post I saw my bosses car in a known drug area.
Point is I can put anything and cause trouble for anyone I do not like and there is no repercussion? Somehow that does not seem right.

Knock yourself out buddy!

These types of schemes will save our fake economy!
(For a few more days at least lol)

[edit on 5-2-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Did anyone actually watch the video ??

this has nothing to do with Narc'ing cars, .... this is a scam.

It's $100 to sign up, as well as a monthly website fee. that covers 4 license plates.

however to make $50 you have to log in 10 license plates, the startup only covers 4. It may be a working website, but it's not designed to make you any money, they survive off "start up" fee's.

I mean, look at the quality of it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ah, but people lie.

For example, my truck is in the parking lot of Little America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City...only yesterday it was seen getting off of a ferry boat in Port Angeles Washington...and tomorrow it'll be at the golf course at the luxurious Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, on Hawaii's lovely Kohala Coast.

It doesn't take too much bad information to taint the signal-to-noise ratio and drive down the market value of this so-exciting new product or service.

I bet a lot of people with time on their hands will somehow mistakenly report the license plates of this company's proprietors and employees as being seen at a wide variety of gay bathhouses, crack dens, brothels and nuclear power plants...what's up with that...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Did anyone actually watch the video ??

this has nothing to do with Narc'ing cars, .... this is a scam.

It's $100 to sign up, as well as a monthly website fee. that covers 4 license plates.

however to make $50 you have to log in 10 license plates, the startup only covers 4. It may be a working website, but it's not designed to make you any money, they survive off "start up" fee's.

I mean, look at the quality of it.

You are so right, I should have watched the video before posting, this is all pyramid scheme scam and downline...just imagine, people who want to work from home as snitches getting cheated out of their hard-earned SSI check crumbs...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
they survive off "start up" fee's.

Awww that sucks. Oh well. It's a scam than.

Benny Boy at the FED should make this a real job though. It would save the US Economy for like 2 weeks. Maybe 3.

I didn't realize they wanted a "start up" fee. Thats a bunch of BS. SCAM!!!!
I almost had a awesome job....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
and the brother will betray the brother to the death.
this is just the beginning folks.
when the food runs out it will get much worse.
they are just conditioning you now.

new topics

top topics

join