It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we trust our own eyes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why are people so reluctant to believe what they see with their own eyes? Why do people believe everything they are told by the government, media, and so called experts. We know the government lies time and time again. There are court documents proving that. We have proof we have been lied to again and again. So when they tell us the lights over Phoenix were flares, why did most people buy that as fact. When the plane in Mexico was followed by several orbs of light and they told us it was ball lighting, people believed that. Now we see orbs all around the sun and NASA tells us something even more unbelievable. Why on earth do we let these individuals keep us in the dark. I wish just once they would have to take a truth pill and tell us what they really think, because most of the answers that come out of their mouth are just plain ridiculous. I mean really, is the human race really that dumb?????

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
I mean really, is the human race really that dumb?????

To answer your last question, No.
People scream it from the rooftops but then the next big thing happens and it falls off the radar. Sites such as this one are the places it can live on till some truth is admitted.
Hell man, just look at our wonderful recovering economy in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rather than dumb, I prefer to think of people as Fearful.

They are afraid of these issues because it means their life is a complete lie, and that they will have to get off their rears and actually start thinking deeply about things for once.

And they will have to alter their lifestyles drastically.

Fear of change. Fear of the unknown. Fear of danger.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The eyes are fine, people are right however to not trust their interpretation as the truth.

2 people go see a movie, both walk out and have two completely different opinions of what they seen. Well, they both seen the same movie, so theoretically they should have the same opinion, yet they dont...why? because people interpret things differently.

Same as anything. One person may talk to two people at once...one person will think it was a great and friendly conversation, the other may have noticed bitter sarcasm and resentment. perception colors our view of what we see.

Reality is not real, we decide what is real based on our perception of things verses what things actually are to begin with. If seeing = believing, then we would have no debates, no political parties, no art, music, etc...it is the various views of the same thing that makes the world what it is to begin with.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
people will only ever see what they want to see. Some people are just very easily lead or let other make decission for them so they don't have to take any responcablity for the out comes.

Then there are others who are happy with the staus quo and will continue to accept anything they are told so that what they have stays the same (in my opinion the worst kind of people)

In saying that I think Athur schopenhauer put it best:

All truth passes through three stages

First, it is ridiculed,
Second, it is violently opposed,
Third, it is accepeted as being self-evident
Athur schopenhauer

At the moment most people who don't think past the next night out, wage pack, goverment hand out seem to be at stage one.

top topics

join