It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Variable Sun',. A new insight on our Precious Star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The sun," explains Lika Guhathakurta of NASA headquarters in Washington DC, "is a variable star."

We have always known that our sun is constantly changing, expanding and shrinking, but to us it looks the same every day, from day to day we see it rise and set in the same way, with the same color, shape and size
this will give you an indepth look at our sun, with some recently discovered information about our sun

science.nasa.gov...

[edit on 2/5/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I usually slam on most astronomers for being ridiculous but, this article is actually good science for the most part.

I am so exited about the Solar Dynamics Observatory, and just cannot wait until it is sending us back information. I hope they will shed light on we the public about the facts they discover, rather than keeping us in the dark. (Pun intended).

I honestly think this is good science for once. And I approve of this effort to understand the sun. We can all gain a lot from good observational science like this.

I really do favor this new approach of a "variable sun" rather than a "constant" one. I never knew they could prove this though, but it seems their instruments have done that by revealing the EUV radiation fluctuations.

Good work and PLEASE let us in on the Solar Dynamics Observatory's findings. PLEASE NASA!

Our minds want to know what comes of it!

join